• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0009.jpg
ccwwls.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Going to check out an Earthshaker later, condition unknown so I was wondering what price to expect for (a) an excellent original with nearly no wear, or (b) a good quality fully-working players machine with the usual (but not horrible) wear. And just for kicks, (c) a restorable specimen, worn but not entirely blown out.

I'm not familiar with Sys 11's in general and Earthshaker in particular, so is there anything other than the usual playfield wear, battery corrosion, etc. that I should look out for? Is there a big premium for the earlier "collapsing building" tables?

Lastly, this era of Williams playfields was available with diamondplate, correct? Aside from condition, how can I tell the diff between a dp and non-dp playfield?

#2 10 years ago

Boston Pinball averages the EBAY price at around $1200, here in the Great Lakes area I rarely see them this low, more like $1500 and up. So I would say anywhere from $1200 to $1500 for (B) and those would also satisfy your request (c) as those would be restorable. An excellent quality with nearly no wear? Probably would command $1500 - $2000. The collapsing building sample games, only 200 were made so I don't know, probably $2000 - at least.

System 11s are workhorses. If there is no battery corrosion or significant hacking then you are likely good under the hood. Focus on the condition of game specific parts/plastics and the playfield condition.

I think that any Diamond Plate game must have the logo, either down below the flippers, along the apron edge of the playfield or even under the apron to really command respect as a Diamond Plate version, but I am no expert on that.

ccwwls.jpgccwwls.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Earthshaker didn't have diamond plate. Some had the XR-7 hard coat. An early version of diamond plate. You won't find a logo on any of them.

Pricing is tough on ES. They didn't make many and you either love it or hate it. Most are blown out but if you find a good one people are willing to pay for it.

Can you check it out and post some pics? Might help.

#4 10 years ago

Will take some pix, in all likelihood though at that point I'll either be bringing it home or leaving it be. Hate making two trips.

I see in another post that XR-7 pf's sometimes have "XR-7" written on the front of the playfield in marker, I'll have to take a look for that.

#5 10 years ago

There are 22 sales records of Earthshaker on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $1638.00 for this game.

Remember a game is only worth what somebody will pay you for it, You be the judge:

http://www.pinballprice.com/

#6 10 years ago

Make sure that the fault opens and stays open. There is a plastic "cam" type part that wears out and there is no replacement made yet. Mine stopped working (opens and closes multiple times when locking at the fault) but luckily it was only the spring that needed to be replaced. Also examine the skill shot ramp closely. It can be kind of hard to see the whole thing because of the spiral design. Mine was broken around the 25K hole. No big deal though as they are available for $90. Good luck.

#7 10 years ago

I let a nice JD, no LEDs, topper, deadworld mod go for a really nice fully LEDed clearcoated ES today. I got my ES delivered to me 200 miles and hauled out of a top story gameroom, so there was value in not having to do that, but I'd place my all-things-considered value around $1900 on this pin. It's worth it for me though, I love ES and this one is a keeper and really nice.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Make sure that the fault opens and stays open. There is a plastic "cam" type part that wears out and there is no replacement made yet.

Is this a part that's specific to the collapsing building, or all Earthshakers?

#9 10 years ago

I think you guys are low on the top end. Id say 1200 - 2500. Its a really good game and hard to find not blown out.

#10 10 years ago

If it is really nice and you can get a decent price, buy it. If you don't like it, you'll get your money back selling it. God only knows when we are going to see a repro playfield for ES.

Chris

#11 10 years ago

Lol is this the one in Great Neck for sale tomorrow

#12 10 years ago

ES is one of those games that ES fans want. As a former ES owner they are not easy to come by and when they do they are trashed.

Its not a middle of the road game as far as buyers. Its split with people who do not care and then true hardcore ES guys. And the hardcore will pay for a good game since they are hard to find.

If you find one with a mint playfield I would pay 2500 for it. Like I said its like its love it or hate it.

So my opinion: Routed wore pf then less than 1000, decent machine with a little wear 1500+. Mint PF 2500 all day.
Its one of those Pat Lawlor games that have the hardcore fans and we see funhouse going for 3000-5000 so no reason this should not get 2000s all day.

#13 10 years ago

i bought mine for $1600 a little over a year ago. person i bought it from had to do some board work on it, had a pinscore LED display, LEDs everywhere except backbox (which looks better without them), a few little scuffs/chips on the cab, mylar on playfield bubbling, PF was pretty nice with a little minor planking around the right outlane, really nice backglass, few minor cracks in plastic ramps.

might have been a little high, but not too outrageous and allowed me know 'owning a pat lawlor pin' off my bucket list. i know the production run was less than whirlwind by several hundred.

#14 10 years ago

I think it's a better Lawlor game than Whirlwind. The shots are satisfying and the layout is unique and keeps my interest. Believe they did not make too many of them.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Is this a part that's specific to the collapsing building, or all Earthshakers?

Nothing to do with the collapsing building. All Earthshakers have the part. When the solenoid fires to open the fault the "cam" type part holds the fault open until the ball falls into the shelter and rolls over the subway switch. The solenoid fires again and the "cam" type part allows the fault to close.

#16 10 years ago

It's definitely not a better game than whirlwind.

The sound is a little grating all around, and the rules aren't very satisfying. You can't relight Jackpot so it's one of those "nothing to do in multiball once you get jackpot" deals.

Neat game in some ways but don't pay whirlwind prices.

#17 10 years ago

Earthshaker's in da house! And in the car, and in my gf's car. Had to separate it into cabinet, backbox, and playfield to get it up a very narrow flight of stairs from a basement. Overall it's in fantastic condition. Will post pix in a new thread once I shoot some.

#18 10 years ago

Like all System 11s, check on the molex plugs that run the power for the GI circuits. Williams was still experimenting and trying to figure out how to do GI well, so they tend to smoke the plugs over time.

#19 10 years ago

What exactly am I checking or looking for?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I think it's a better Lawlor game than Whirlwind.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's definitely not a better game than Whirlwind.

Get both!
0009.jpg0009.jpg

#21 10 years ago

I have both.

#22 10 years ago

Had both, sold ES, have both once again! They are too awesome of a pair not to own.

#23 10 years ago

great theme and the first machine with a shaker motor! think the lower production numbers keeps the price a little higher, but should go for less than a whirlwind in comparable condition. if you got the room and $$$, get both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-earthshaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.