(Topic ID: 32602)

Price Check - earlier SS machines - Close Encounters, Dragon, Amazon Hunt, RAF

By too-many-pins

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are sales on cheaper SS machines dead or is it just me? I can sell better stuff but my under $750 machines have just been sitting”

• Slow 2 votes
    67%
  • Average 1 vote
    33%
  • Good 0 votes
  • Other (I don't sell or buy low end SS machines) 0 votes

(3 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have been trying to sell these four machines and a few other in Central PA for about 2 months now with very little interest. All are completely shopped (new rings, playfields striped completely cleaned and waxed, new rings & bulbs, etc.). Just wondering if it is my price, just slow this year or what?

Close Encounters is a SUPER nice machines cosmetically - completely shopped - remote battery installed - clean boards - nice backglass - nice original paint on cabinet and great playfield. Asking $650

Dragon - well above average - completely shopped - nice board set - no playfield wear - fairly nice cabinet - and just minor paint loss on backglass (reds touched up). Asking $550

Amazon Hunt - above average condition - good board set - cosmetically very nice but not super - minor flaking on backglass but looks good from front (touched up before I bought it). $550

And lastly Ready-Aim-Fire - average condition overall $550

Am I being fair at these prices? All 4 machines are worth more than my asking price in parts, all are clean, working 100%, ready to plug & play. I have almost my asking price invested in each so I really don't have much room to lower prices but I really hate to part out 4 nice working machines.

Thanks!

#7 11 years ago

I am mostly interested in figuring out what is going on with low end pinball machine sales this year. Don't get me wrong - we are selling machines and this is just an out of control hobby for us but my low end stuff just isn't moving this Fall.

Last year I couldn't keep pins that were priced under about $600 - this year I can sell anything priced under $600? I have sold 8 machines in 3 months - all those people originally came to look at one of these machines and ended up buying my $750 to $1500 machines instead. Last year if it was over $750 they wouldn't even look at it?

I figure if they are not gone by the first of the year I can always part them out but I really hate to go that direction with nicer machines. If any of them had trashed backglass or worn playfields I wouldn't feel as bad making them into parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

3,499 (OBO)
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-earlier-ss-machines-close-encounters-dragon-amazon-hunt-raf?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.