You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg
ERICPBALLholiday07 copy.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Is $1700 too high of a price for JD with a sticking flipper and a missing eagle. The field is decent shape. The machine has not been shopped. Everything else works.

#3 10 years ago

I'm going to go with "probably". It would have to be VERY nice and shopped for me to pay 1700.

#4 10 years ago

What is a good range for this pin as described?

#5 10 years ago

Sold mine 6 months ago for 1850...it had been routed, but was in "pretty good" condition.

#6 10 years ago

Sticking flipper is nothing, easy and cheap to fix, I wouldn't factor that into things overmuch. By missing eagle I assume you mean the topper? Or is there some other eagle?

#7 10 years ago

Sorry, the topper is missing, the seller didn't even know it had one. No deadworld mod either. That flipper was repaired once, he said he can go down to $1600. And the front door is missing a key as well.

#8 10 years ago

One just sold in my area for $1,250 if that helps. Sat for a while too. I think 30 seconds to be exact. I would say $1,500 in good shape. This title has been in the $2K-$2.5K range lately, but that is crazy. Way better games for this price.

#9 10 years ago

$1600 is at least in the ballpark in my opinion. I paid a couple hundred less for mine last year, and it sounds like it was in similar condition to the one you're considering. I almost passed, but I'm glad I didn't. I really like JD. If he'll go lower it's worth it, but at $1600 it depends how bad you want it. I don't think that is terrible.

Be sure to check the ramp entrances for cracks and make sure the deadworld motor is running smoothly.

#10 10 years ago

I have one that I fixed up thinking I would sell it and I have to say JD rocks!

Great shots, great animations, Supergames are tons of fun and the dead world mod is best ball lock ever!

A few of my friends who have nice collections were playing it on Friday night and both were having a hoot watching the dots and playing the game.

I really like the art, music and the way the theme integrates into the game.

#11 10 years ago

these guys are living in 2009 still. Yes, it's a decent deal if cabinet is solid and playfield is nice [most are].
it's one of the few B/W games I keep around.
Topper is $80ish from IPB and everything else is fixable.
One thing to look for is the right inlane where the clear ramp connects. is it broken to pieces? Most are and that ramp is $250+ if you can even find one. If it's nice then don't think twice about paying the asking price.
It's a lot of fun.

#12 10 years ago

Complete noob here regarding these machines, is it possible to check operation of motors/crane for JD without actually trying to actuate them during play?

#13 10 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Judge+Dredd&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Look on the page for English Manual about half way down. Download it and inside here it will walk you through how to go through a Coil test which is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

#14 10 years ago

Open the coin door and goto the menu, there will be a test menu where you can try out the motors/crane.

$1600 for a JD is a good buy in today's market for the condition you're speaking of (assuming the cabinet is nice as well). Complicated machine to work on for your first pin.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Open the coin door and goto the menu,

Quoted from madvad:

And the front door is missing a key as well.

#16 10 years ago

Little problem, that. I said that I need to be able to get inside before I do the deal.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from madvad:

Is $1700 too high of a price for JD with a sticking flipper and a missing eagle. The field is decent shape. The machine has not been shopped. Everything else works.

Locally, a JD in that condition would last about 30 minutes at any price under $1,750. There is a lot of bang for the buck with JD.

#18 10 years ago

Just for clarification: My "Yes" was "Yes, you should do it." After reading your post again, it looked like I was saying "Yes, don't do it."

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from madvad:

Little problem, that. I said that I need to be able to get inside before I do the deal.

#20 10 years ago

Here's another one on drilling a pinball lock:

Don't be afraid to drill it - easiest and quickest way to open it. DON'T call a locksmith.

viperrwk

#21 10 years ago

I would snap it up for $1600, assuming it's playing and Deadworld is functional.

If you're near Columbus, OH and don't buy it, please let me know.

#22 10 years ago

Liked it the FEW times that I've played it. Just have not played it much. Is JD primarily a mode game, or multi ball game? Is there a video mode? What is the best feature of JD?

#23 10 years ago

Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback. I've read the manuals yesterday so I'm at least better prepared. But the seller is saying he is uncomfortable drilling the lock, do I bite the bullet assuming the field is in good shape and there are no cracks in the plastics or walk away?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from madvad:

Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback. I've read the manuals yesterday so I'm at least better prepared. But the seller is saying he is uncomfortable drilling the lock, do I bite the bullet assuming the field is in good shape and there are no cracks in the plastics or walk away?

As long as you can get into the back-box to look at the boards, you'll be OK.

Bring along a security bit set just in case he says he doesn't have that key so no matter what, you can inspect the boards for damage/burnt connectors.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from madvad:

So you're looking at spending $1600, right?

I would do that; if the game is playing, even if you can't be sure about Deadworld, I'd say it's worth that.
Deadworld is a sub-$200 rebuild.
If it needs minor board work (likely doesn't if it seems to play right, but let's err on the conservative side) you could have another $100-200 in it.
Less than $100 for an eagle topper.

All told, you're looking at a nice Dredd for under $2100 even if some things are wrong, and probably less. That's a fair deal for the game. Maybe not the safest purchase as your first pin, but likely a good buy.

#26 10 years ago

Judge Dredd 1993 Bally
Class 1 - $1,700-Best
Class 2 - $1,125-Good
Class 3 - $600-OK
http://pinballeric.com/

ERICPBALLholiday07 copy.jpgERICPBALLholiday07 copy.jpg

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballeric:

Judge Dredd 1993 Bally
Class 1 - $1,700-Best
Class 2 - $1,125-Good
Class 3 - $600-OK
http://pinballeric.com/

PLEASE find me one at any of those prices in the corresponding condition. I will love you forever.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

PLEASE find me one at any of those prices in the corresponding condition. I will love you forever.

It's not that hard, but location is everything. JD is bountifully available at those prices. You just have to head over here to pick them up...

Don't forget to say hi to Santa and the Easter Bunny when you're there!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg

#29 10 years ago

Show me a $600 JD and I'll show you a parts machine probably with the boards missing. $1600 for a decent JD is a fair price.

#30 10 years ago

$1400 folks.

#31 10 years ago

I have had two offers on mine in San Diego, both offers well over 1700. My playfield is nice, ramps all in great shape, cab is evenly faded. Before I could sell, the DMD quit. So location dependent, yes, that is the price range.

#32 10 years ago

I could have sold my JD a month ago with eagle topper repro, dead world mod and all fully working and very clean for $2500 but decided against and have kept.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Ike:

I could have sold my JD a month ago with eagle topper repro, dead world mod and all fully working and very clean for $2500 but decided against and have kept.

Exactly. No matter what someone would be willing to pay, JD is my all time favorite DMD game, and no matter what someone says it might be worth, I'm not selling. And it would be the last one to ever leave the collection. What kind of a price can you put on that?

#34 10 years ago

It is a great game - and at $1600 you are probably getting a great deal. They just don't show up for that cheap - needing work or not - too often.

#35 10 years ago

So I bought it. I convinced him to drill the lock. But ended up paying $1400 after looking it over. The cabinet is in good shape, not faded, just damage from the legs. Field is dirty, but not faded. When I tested the planet modes, it all worked rotation and loading.

Things that are wrong with it:

1) broken off cooling tower #3 (he says he didn't even know about it, and I guess someone who has never seen it, wouldn't look for it)

2) ramp (as mentioned before) but it's broken off at the eyelet where the bolt is attaching it to the metal, the metal protecttors that they sell should work just fine as the ramp is not cracked to bits.

3) left upper flipper

4) When I entered into the testing mode, it threw off 5 or so switches. I need to delve into this further, write down codes, etc.

5) The display works fine when the game is running, no dead diodes, but the display works only partially during the test mode. Letters float down like in a mirror funhouse. I could still figure out what's being described though.

With all that we agreed on $1400, but it looks like I need to spend some time with it to get it going. My budget is $500-600 in parts including eagle and deadworld mod and to get it shopped.

I haven't seen any cheaper JD's and I'm hoping I'm not in over my head.

Thank you all once again.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from madvad:

But ended up paying $1400 after looking it over.

#37 10 years ago

Sounds like u got a pretty decent deal.

#38 10 years ago

$1400 for JD is like doubling down on 11s...always...

#39 10 years ago

This may turn out to be the thread of the year.

#40 10 years ago

See jd is in fact a $1400 game

#41 10 years ago

Congrats! My first pin purchase was a perfectly working JD with a nice playfield, eagle topper & some cabinet fade. Paid $2200 form a seller in Northern CA, and I've never regetted it. Can't see it ever leaving my collection, love the dark humor & gameplay. Later added cointaker LEDs & upgraded to the deadworld mod. I've got a STTNG sitting next next to it, and whenever anyone comes over to play, they go right for the JD.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Ike:

I thought you said otherwise "I've got a great one that I thought of selling recently but decided to hold off as got back into it. Really want a trade up for an IJ or possibly LOTR but would consider selling and shipping if the pricing was right. It's got the deadworld mod and the shiny eagle topper and it is in great shape with very little fade. You can check out my post on this which has plenty of pictures. Last I was asking $2699 and was offered that but decided to hold onto it."

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I've got a STTNG sitting next next to it...

You've got good taste.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg
#44 10 years ago

Well done. Now the fun begins. JD is a pretty complex machine. Get it working perfectly before doing the deadworld mod (if you do it).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.