Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dc2010
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

What the hell are these things going for these days? Players? Above average? Diamond plated?

And please, no price plumpers.

#2 4 years ago

You should get a Taxi instead.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You should get a Taxi instead.

Already did that.

#4 4 years ago

2k is the usual price.

#5 4 years ago

Somewhere between 2 to 3 per condition.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

2k is the usual price.

As someone who is also actively searching like the op, I think 2k is low end these days. I see them at 2300-2500 in just average players condition with decent playfields. Nicer ones are up there 2700-2800. Mark Ritchie is one of my favorites and diner is a classic to me

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

As someone who is also actively searching like the op, I think 2k is low end these days. I see them at 2300-2500 in just average players condition with decent playfields. Nicer ones are up there 2700-2800. Mark Ritchie is one of my favorites and diner is a classic to me

I have two leads: decent player for 2750 and a dp one for 3800.

I think both are way high but that’s why I’m asking.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I have two leads: decent player for 2750 and a dp one for 3800.
I think both are way high but that’s why I’m asking.

They have definitely gone up. The diamond plated ones are hard to find. I’ve not really seen one for sale close to me so I’m not very familiar with the market on them at all. Pinside average is $2800 now.

#9 4 years ago

nicer early production with yellow habitrail and DP playfield- $3k

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

nicer early production with yellow habitrail and DP playfield- $3k

That’s about what I was thinking for a dp.

I’ve seen dp ww go
For 3200 and that’s a better game

#11 4 years ago

I paid $3300 for a nice DP Diner with yellow habitrail at Allentown this year on a pre-sale.

#12 4 years ago

Diner has always been a top tier system 11 game price wise, the theme just works perfectly with most basement bars / arcades.

Seems like a $2500-4000 game these days to me just like most everything else from late 80s-90s.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Diner has always been a top tier system 11 game price wise, the theme just works perfectly with most basement bars / arcades.
Seems like a $2500-4000 game these days to me just like most everything else from late 80s-90s.

The only sys 11'S I'd spend 4K on are Transporter and Radical

#14 4 years ago

Agree, wouldn’t pay 4K+ for most syst11.
Op, you say no price “plumpers” - inspect all including DP between 2500-3k and be really wary beyond that.

#15 4 years ago

After reading this thread I can understand a bit why I've had interest in people soliciting me about buying mine.

#16 4 years ago

Theme is great, but game play not that good.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Theme is great, but game play not that good.

Agreed. Art is cool, but Taxi is much better player.

#18 4 years ago

Going to buying a non-DP one in Pittsburgh later this week for $2950.

2 weeks later
#19 4 years ago

Mine is non Dp, in nice but not huo, I had searched for 3 yrs for one with minor issues that I could save a few bucks, I bought off eBay in 2014 , travelled to Myrtle Beach and removed from a cramped second floor apartment with no elevator lol, I think I paid around 1300 plus travel, if I had missed that deal is still be searching, this pin and theme are well thought of and the price for a system 11 game reflects, good luck, I'll never sell mine

#20 4 years ago

I’ve seen two come up for sale in the last 4-5 months around here and each was around the $2500 mark and sat for several weeks before selling. Both were playing but had some PF wear, the usual.

#21 4 years ago

I paid $2,100 for my Diner a year ago. Minimal pf wear, nice cab. Not a DP but does have the prototype yellow habitrail but i think maybe it was powder coated.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

After reading this thread I can understand a bit why I've had interest in people soliciting me about buying mine.

I have a nice restored Diner and no one has asked to buy mine! Oh wait, I live in Alaska...

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Mine is non Dp, in nice but not huo, I had searched for 3 yrs for one with minor issues that I could save a few bucks, I bought off eBay in 2014 , travelled to Myrtle Beach and removed from a cramped second floor apartment with no elevator lol, I think I paid around 1300 plus travel, if I had missed that deal is still be searching, this pin and theme are well thought of and the price for a system 11 game reflects, good luck, I'll never sell mine

Did you travel to Myrtle beach from Texas? That's a road trip!!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Did you travel to Myrtle beach from Texas? That's a road trip!!

No lol, I was in Ky at the time

#25 4 years ago

Bought a very very nice example not dp for 3k about 3 months ago.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

No lol, I was in Ky at the time

Don't think that's much better, LOL

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Don't think that's much better, LOL

I’m 7 1/2 hours from Myrtle beach so I guess it depends on where in KY.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I’m 7 1/2 hours from Myrtle beach so I guess it depends on where in KY.

I was in the northern tip, Boone county

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-diner-3?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.