Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Doot77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm going to be selling my Data East Simpson's and not sure what they go for, what is the general consensus on price. Restored & CC PF, full leds, new topper, new upgraded cooling towers,cabinet not the greatest (needs to be t/u, but lost interest) Backglass starting to flake in spots also.

Thanks in advance, Matt

#2 11 years ago

Good luck. Saw one on Nashville CL last month for $650 but he had a gazillion calls. So I am sure you could get more than that. There is a store with one at $1,200. I love the Simpsons but in my humble opinion that game isn't very good.

That being said I would like to get one just as a Simpsons collector. I wouldn't pay over $800 though.

#3 11 years ago

saw one for sale out here in CA recently for 1100, really nice shape. Thats a California price though. A restored and CC playfield does really sweeten the deal though, if it was me in your area I would start it at 1000 and see what happens. you can always lower the price later if it turns out to be too slow a sale.

#4 11 years ago

I think one has been for sale on a WI craigslist for over 6 months at a price of $1500 currently. Appears to be in nice shape but obviously has not sold.

#5 11 years ago

I would buy one for around 1300. In good working order and above average shape.

#6 11 years ago

Shoot me a pm when you figure out your asking price..

#7 11 years ago

Thats what I was afraid of I was hoping to hear higher numbers, but around what I thought. Thanks all!

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, I'm sorry. It sounds like you put a lot of work into yours. If you were closer, I'd probably do $1,000. The store here has a VGC one for $1,200. The game would probably sell for more if TSPP didn't exist and/or wasn't so good.

If it were me, I'd either reconsider selling it or start at $1,500 and see what happens. Just don't expect your door to be beaten down at that price. I think $1,000 to $1,200 is probably the sweet spot. Under $1,000 and it would probably go quick as non-pin owners would then be in your market - e.g. "Hey cool! Look at this! A pinball machine for the price of a big TV."

#9 11 years ago

You probably noticed the pinside thing says $1,020 to $1,180. I just saw that. It seems that the pinside estimates are about 10-30% low on most machines with the "current" market.

I have only been in the hobby a few years, but I have noted that during tax return season each year everyone goes crazy with "prices are taking off!" So you may get a little more for it if you hold it until January. I'm not sure what your situation is for the reason to sell though.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Yeah, I'm sorry. It sounds like you put a lot of work into yours. If you were closer, I'd probably do $1,000. The store here has a VGC one for $1,200. The game would probably sell for more if TSPP didn't exist and/or wasn't so good.
If it were me, I'd either reconsider selling it or start at $1,500 and see what happens. Just don't expect your door to be beaten down at that price. I think $1,000 to $1,200 is probably the sweet spot. Under $1,000 and it would probably go quick as non-pin owners would then be in your market - e.g. "Hey cool! Look at this! A pinball machine for the price of a big TV."

Yeah I put alot of time fixing it up, but honestly I like fixing them up just as much if not more than playing them so thats not a real issue. Just alot of time for not much reward I guess, oh well you win some you lose some. haha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-de-simpsons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.