batteries_(resized).jpg
upper_playfield_(resized).jpg
lower_playfield_(resized).jpg
translite2_(resized).jpg
translite_front_(resized).jpg
cabinet_right_(resized).jpg
cabinet_left_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

The good. Translite looks good, Cabinet very presentable, Playfield is filthy but looks like it will clean up decent, Ramps are intact

The bad. Did I mention it was DE Playboy? Looks like its been sitting for years, rubbers have rotted away in places. No access to power were it sits (and honestly this looks like the kind of game you probably dont want to power it up without going thru it first), batteries have some leaking that i wasnt able to capture in a pic, interconnect board(or whatever you DE guys call it) looks like its missing a cement resistor. Coindoor was locked so unable to look under the playfield

Anywho - There doesn't appear to be much DE love here and even less for Playboy 35th but anybody wanna throw some numbers out?

cabinet_left_(resized).jpgcabinet_left_(resized).jpg

cabinet_right_(resized).jpgcabinet_right_(resized).jpg

translite_front_(resized).jpgtranslite_front_(resized).jpg

translite2_(resized).jpgtranslite2_(resized).jpg

lower_playfield_(resized).jpglower_playfield_(resized).jpg

upper_playfield_(resized).jpgupper_playfield_(resized).jpg

batteries_(resized).jpgbatteries_(resized).jpg

cpu_(resized).jpgcpu_(resized).jpg

interconnect_(resized).jpginterconnect_(resized).jpg

power_board_(resized).jpgpower_board_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

These things are hard to sell. If someone offered me this one for less than 500 I'd have a hard time saying no as it is likely you could get your money out of it. Doesn't look like any battery damage.

Say 1k if it's fully working and you like the theme

#3 7 years ago

So 4 hours and only 1 reply? Nobody else has an opinion on this machine or Data East Playboy in general?

That's pretty much what I was afraid of. The only thing worse for a game than Pinside hate is Pinside apathy. I can't imagine trying to get technical help with this game if people don't even care enough to look at some photos and tell you it sucks upfront before you buy.

#4 7 years ago

If it was me I'd start at $500. Really would like to try to power it up and see what happens. That broken resistor on the Playfield Power Board (aka the Popcorn Popper Board) is no big deal. You main concerns should be checking for acid damage on the MPU and burned up connectors on the Power Supply board (most likely they WILL be). Make a good visual inspection and appraisal and let that determine the price. Remember: condition is king.

#5 7 years ago

$500 or walk. After you shop you may get 1000

#6 7 years ago

I wouldn't even start at $500... Start at $250... I would pay over $500 pin in this condition

#7 7 years ago

I put a max bid in at $420 + 10%fee + 6%tax ($489) and didn't get it. So somebody paid over $500 for this

#8 7 years ago

People get crazy at auctions. I have seen marginal stuff go for way above retail because people automatically assume auctions mean great deals.
Especially with pinballs. People don't know what to look for and buy games that aren't working correctly, have extensive acid damage on boards, one or more displays out or not working correctly, playfield wear or damage, etc etc.
At auctions, your bid better reflect a substantial safety margin for unseen issues, or you better be darn sure you know what you are getting! And don't forget to include tax and buyers premium! That can add a few hundred dollars to the final cost.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-data-east-playboy-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.