Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 1.JPG
    dartstar.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Anybody know how much a routed dart machine is worth?
    Let's say a good working player's machine, not collector or HUO.

A friend of mine would like one, I have no idea how much that's worth...

Thanks
    Phil

#2 9 years ago

30 bucks,

#4 9 years ago

Way too vague. There are a lot of different models and manufacturers. They literally can go from $30 (an old PubTime Darts) to $2500 (newest Shelti).

Your post is like saying, "How much is a routed pin worth?" Not nearly enough information.

#5 9 years ago

Ok, fair enough.
    I looked up the Sheltis and that is pretty much what I had in mind... Basically one with an arcade-style cabinet.
    I used to play one when I was in college 15 years ago, and I guess it wasn't brand new at the time.

So let's say a 20 year old player's machine with a cabinet, Shelti-style.

#6 9 years ago

Something like this I guess
    ebay.com link: Valley Cougar Coin Operated Dart Board 1

Now why am I asking if there's some for sale on eBay? Cause there's also 6000$ TFTC's on eBay so I can't just take that for granted

#7 9 years ago

Or let me flip it around.
    The guy says he has a 500$ budget. At around that price, what's a nice one he could get?

#8 9 years ago

The eBay listing is too high. That's a basic Valley Cougar FB board. It is worth $300-400. In perfect condition, $500. If that is the style cab you like, you can get a Valley IQ board for just a bit above the budget price you quoted. It has a 14" CRT monitor (swap it out for a LCD) and full Ernie features (you play against the computer at a skill level of your choosing, makes a great practice tool). The IQ was only made for a short time because Arachnid sued Valley claiming the monitor infringed on their boards.

The newer Shelti branded boards (Valley went out of business and came back as Shelti) are really nice, but not really worth the additional money you would have to spend.

#9 9 years ago

Valley Darts sold their knowledge and rights to produce Darts machines to Loewen Entertainment in
    Germany . And they still produce over here the german and american version .
    The board in the ebay ad. would cost the same here and is known as sm-dart from 94 .

#10 9 years ago

Thank you guys, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

I'll stay on the lookout for a correctly priced Valley FB or IQ then.

#11 9 years ago

I picked up a Dart Star for about $250-$400 (I cant remember exactly what I paid) I really love it. I removed the 13inch monitor and installed a 19inch LED with a custom frame. This is not the photo of mine. I will take a photo when I get home of the conversion if anyone is interested. I strongly recommend a monitor based dartboard. You get custom animations and really nice and easy to read scoreboards.

The stock 13inch monitorThe stock 13inch monitor

#12 9 years ago

^^^ same board i have. Think i picked it up for $400-$500, 3-4 years ago. I also have an LCD in there instead of the original CRT.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

^^^ same board i have. Think i picked it up for $400-$500, 3-4 years ago. I also have an LCD in there instead of the original CRT.

It is such a great board. How did you mount your LCD? I made an enclosure that matches the texture/shape of the cabinet so it looks like it is factory. Fits a 19inch monitor with an acrylic shield. I also hated the decals on the board and removed them all. I like the simplicity of the solid black cabinet. But I left on the triangle decal near the buttons.

#14 9 years ago

I just routed out the top plastic and fit a 15" in there i believe. put metal brackets in behind monitor to hold it there.

2 months later
    #15 9 years ago

Hi,
    located this thing. Any good? How much is that worth?

Thanks
    Phil

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

#16 9 years ago

Right now the valley Cougars are flooding the market. The operators has tons of them and as soon as arachnid came up with live tournament record keeping, the old dart boards are useless. Kind of like the flipper, all others are instantly outdated. Find an operator they will have 10 or more in the shed, haggle.
    Fortytwo

#17 9 years ago

Thanks for the tip.
    So I should be able to get it for what, like 200$?

#18 9 years ago

I have had operators give me the pub time models for free just to get them out of the way.

#19 9 years ago

Ok, I'll try to get it on the cheap then.
    But this particular model, what features does it have? Keeps track of points with LED displays and there's a couple different games I guess?
    What issues do you need to look for?

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-dart-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.