Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RobertWinter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Was wondering a fair price for decent CBW. Thanks...

#2 5 years ago

700-900. I sold a nice one in that range and it took quite a while to move.

#3 5 years ago

Could not dump one for 500. Threw it in as trade bait.

#4 5 years ago

Really? Hmmmm....seems fun on Pinball Arcade and I love pool. Was considering one for $1500, plus shipping.....

Am I insane?

#5 5 years ago

Yes

#6 5 years ago

It's fun briefly, but not something you want to sink big money into. I'd buy one for $700 or so, but any more than that, and I'd regret it.

For $1500 plus shipping, you can get an Eight Ball Deluxe which is a MUCH better game. Hell, you might get an EBD LE and a Big Shot (a solid pool-themed EM) for the $2k you'd be spending on Cue Ball Wizard, and you'd have several times as much game for the money.

#7 5 years ago

I sold one that I completely went thru for $1300 for $1500 it would need to be neat mint.

#8 5 years ago

I sold a decent one for $900 with a gassed display. I had lot of interest at that price. I think it is a great game for the money. I miss mine. $1500 is a little crazy

#9 5 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard is "kind of" fun at first, but overall it's a very big meh. Not deep, cheesy voices, extra ball is stupid easy to get, always get 2 ball multiball on ball 3, video mode is silly, etc.

#10 5 years ago

For all of the people on this site that claim that every DMD title is worth at least $1k, I'm surprised to hear everyone here saying that CBW isn't. It's definitely not the greatest DMD title, but it is rather unique.

I know they have sold for $1200ish in good working shape.

While cheaper than $1k sounds nice, I'm guessing those are unshopped projects. If they are fully functional, that seems like a deal. I did buy one for about $500 not too long ago, but it is a serious project. I dig the game in a big collection, but it shouldn't be one of 3 or 4.

#11 5 years ago

I sold mine for $800 and it took a LONG time to find a buyer even at that price. I would have kept the game if I hadn't needed the room.

The game had been completely shopped. NOS plastics, new star posts, beautiful DMD, working 100%.

It can be a fun game if you don't expect too much.

#12 5 years ago

Sold mine about a year ago for $1200. I listed it and had several calls right away. The first person to look bought it, and at least one more was waiting to see if #1 would show up. For $500, I'll find room for another one. Who wants to sell me one at that price?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I sold mine for $800 and it took a LONG time to find a buyer even at that price. I would have kept the game if I hadn't needed the room.
The game had been completely shopped. NOS plastics, new star posts, beautiful DMD, working 100%.
It can be a fun game if you don't expect too much.

How long ago was this?

Seriously, I'm usually the guy going, "No no, you can get games cheaper..." but I looked for this one for a while and I would have HOPPED on any for $800 even without NOS plastics. My $500 one is an extreme project...

#14 5 years ago

It was within the last year that I sold it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 249.00
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berea, OH
1,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
York, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside