Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CSI_Layout.jpg
DSCF0417.JPG
CSI_Lower_PF.JPG
CSI_Upper_PF.JPG
DSCF0414.JPG
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Dealer is asking $4690 for NIB + 12% tax + $300 shipping! = $5550

I was thinking of waiting for a nice HUO to pop up for sale locally but this offer came up. An HUO CSI is now selling for $3500?

Oh yeah, that 12% tax is correct, we get raped here in Manitoba

#2 11 years ago

Are you really that set on CSI?

#3 11 years ago

that's super high for CSI, If you hold off, I can see this one going to T3 territory. $1500 on a good day.

#4 11 years ago

That is high.

#5 11 years ago

Seems high even for a NIB...then again it is from a "dealer". I would guess around $4k for a NIB would be about right. Most HUO seem to hover about $3-3.5k. It won't be going down much more than that. There isn't a high demand, but supply is super-low. There were 500 or less made from what I hear, and half of those were exported...so this is more limited than most LEs.

For the most part those of us that own one and "get it" are not interested in selling. That's why you almost never see them come up for sale. Patience will score you one in the $3k range, but don't hold your breath on much less unless you get super lucky. Good luck in the search! It's a great, underrated game if you "get" and appreciate the theme and humor. It has a unique layout and there's nothing else quite like it. Then again, I'm a biased (and happy) owner.

#6 11 years ago

low 4's plus shipping. i would just buy a used one. can't see these getting a lot of play. a really nice shop can make one look brand new. don't think anyone is going to know the difference when it's between supossed nib, huo, or super nice.

#7 11 years ago

What JediTurtle said. I think it's a $3,500 game if bought HUO. I don't see it going down much for the same reasons JediTurtle mentioned.

At the price you are quoting for NIB, you could buy a MUCH better modern Stern. For example:

- NIB X-men Pro
- HUO Spidy
- HUO LOTR
- HUO TSPP
- HUO T3 + something else

Really you could buy just about any Stern HUO Pro for less.

CSI is a fun game, don't get me wrong, but it's far from one of the better titles.

Cheers,
Duane

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am just going to wait it out until a nice HUO becomes available. It's a PIN to make the wife happy since shes a big fan of the show. I want a nice TZ

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's super high for CSI, If you hold off, I can see this one going to T3 territory. $1500 on a good day.

If it was in your collection it would be $5k.

#10 11 years ago

Agree that is super high for a NIB CSI, but $1500 isn't reality either. Even a routed CSI would go for $2500. So maybe NIB should be $3k(ish). The SAM games don't lose that much value. Anyway, that's why the distributor still has it NIB - way overpriced. He will be sitting on this one for a long time.

Also, while I have seen routed T3 for $1600 last year, this year your can't touch them for that. It's a different market now.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am just going to wait it out until a nice HUO becomes available. It's a PIN to make the wife happy since shes a big fan of the show. I want a nice TZ

You may be waiting FOREVER.
I haven't seen a CSI for sale in Canada in the past two years.

Even still, as the others have said, if you are going to spend that kind of coin, get a game that will hold value a little better

#12 11 years ago

I agree the likelihood that a PIN with a 500 production run becomes available in Canada is highly unlikely. If I can pick up a nice HUO one for $3k I would be all over that. Any offers out there from my Canadian Pinsiders?

Bottom line, if the NHL season was in play right now, I would be too busy planning to go to games, watching games on TV with my buds etc. to even consider getting into another PIN purchase. Those mofos better get that deal signed soon or I may end up buying that NIB just out boredom!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LOL. You. Are. Hilarious. I'd love to have a CSI...hook a brotha up with all the $1500 units you come across, Neo! LOL

I don't think ANY Stern can be had for $1500 these days (lucky CL finds aside)...so if older Whitestar games are holding at $2k plus, a recent (and RARE) SAM game like CSI should hold as well.

#14 11 years ago

The music is really cool on CSI. Even without the Who!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The music is really cool on CSI. Even without the Who!

Hey dude, I like your line-up. Can you rate your PINS from most played to least and can I ask how you acquired your CSI, NIB or HUO purchase. Thanks!

#16 11 years ago

Thanks!

Since I got CSI its like 15-1-1 for CSI in terms of ratio. Games are fairly short and its really fun. My daughter also loves it, so well play together which is awesome. CSI can be a good equalizer, because if you dont hit your hots you will drain. I cant play with my kids on the others because i can play a ball so long on those they get bored.

Before I got CSI I was playing SM considerably more than LOTR for a long time, but neither all that much in the 6 months prior to CSI. I really needed a new pin! But since I've cleaned them both up nice for possible sale they're both playing so well that I'm putting in at least a game or two on each every day. I put the pinball life led kit in for goblin and venom on SM and the light show just rocks now.

I've been very lucky with my pin purchases. My three Sterns have basically been "dialed in" (whatever that means!) from the get go, with no problems. I bought them from people who knew how to treat games right. I'm second owner of SM and LOTR which are both HUO. CSI had been routed briefly but also had a great pedigree (the FF guy owned it originally and I bought it from a pinsider) and if you played it you'd think it was HUO. Only drawback is that the legs didn't have protectors on from day one....so when the legs are off you can see here the cab corners are scuffed. Big deal. The game is flat out gorgeous. Minus the back glass, its a very cool looking game.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL. You. Are. Hilarious. I'd love to have a CSI...hook a brotha up with all the $1500 units you come across, Neo! LOL
I don't think ANY Stern can be had for $1500 these days (lucky CL finds aside)...so if older Whitestar games are holding at $2k plus, a recent (and RARE) SAM game like CSI should hold as well.

I said the future. It's not that difficult to find a T3, or RCT in the $1500 range. Not if you look around. CSI is too new to be there, but quality wise and gameplay, give it a few years and it will be there. Same with Rolling stones and 24. Just crappy games that will not age well. Look at how many crappy B/W titles are lucky if you get $1500 for them. These will fall into that catagory. I'd throw BBH and NBA in there as well. give it some time.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I said the future. It's not that difficult to find a T3, or RCT in the $1500 range. Not if you look around. CSI is too new to be there, but quality wise and gameplay, give it a few years and it will be there. Same with Rolling Stones and 24. Just crappy games that will not age well. Look at how many crappy B/W titles are lucky if you get $1500 for them. These will fall into that catagory. I'd throw BBH and NBA in there as well. give it some time.

On one hand I hope you are right Neo. I would LOVE to grab a 24, BBH and TRS for $1500 each. Still wouldn't want NBA though...but that's mostly because I hate the theme.

#19 11 years ago

The reason the guy still has a CSI in box is because no one will buy it at that price. No matter how much time passes, it's not going to become a better game, period.

#20 11 years ago

how the h3ll do you get stuck paying tax, AND shipping it? is that a canadian thing?

i've had $1300 t3's in front of me. not in 2 years though. $2200 is now the lowest i can find on that title. with all the new blood (and people who think they're dealers), even crappy titles are on the rise.

CSI only had a 500 run? someone's gonna buy it to sit on and speculate.

#21 11 years ago

Hey dude, I like your line-up. Can you rate your PINS from most played to least and can I ask how you acquired your CSI, NIB or HUO purchase. Thanks!

He " Thefamilyarcade" bought his CSI from me....

And the game is a ton of fun....

Polished code and hard multiball objectives...

tight shots and lots of other positives too...

routed or HUO..its all about condition...

and 3.5k for a nice CSI is what they bring all day every day...

For those of you who dont know the rules or havent played but more than a few balls on it..your opinion's dont hold alot of credability....

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think ANY Stern can be had for $1500 these days

I would like to counter your point with Striker Xtreme. I rest my case.

#23 11 years ago

Actually, for a NIB CSI I think the dealer is asking a fair price . . . it is the taxes and shipping that are killing you. 12% sales tax? Holy cow! I thought we had it bad here at 9%.

#24 11 years ago

I own CSI and I don't think it's $5k pin, NIB or otherwise, but this game is better than people give it credit for and in nice condition I think it is straight up trade material for any other huo games now going for $3,500+. This game is also way better than T3. W.A.Y.

Fact is there is no game like CSI. Some for bad much mostly for good. It would be a $5k+ pin with another ramp. Still good without it.

People who go though games in 3 weeks and then sell owe it to themselves to try it. Ill bet it lasts longer than that! But they're hard to find. Must be because people are so embarrassed to own one that they don't want to sell for fear people will make fun of them for buying it. Or then again, maybe it's a keeper.

#25 11 years ago

My father bought a NIB CSI about two years ago from a large distributor in the US for $3800. Cash and carry.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually, for a NIB CSI I think the dealer is asking a fair price . . . it is the taxes and shipping that are killing you. 12% sales tax? Holy cow! I thought we had it bad here at 9%.

Lucky both of you. UK: 20%

#27 11 years ago

Hey now, good information guys! Thanks Family arcade for sharing your CSI playing experience. I have checked YouTube videos of the PIN and I think I'm in love I am going to mildly persue this NIB with the dealer to see if he will reduce the price to 4k. We shall see!

#28 11 years ago

Good luck! I played for about 30 minutes tonight. It's a maddening game! Sometimes because you feel if they just tied a few more things together and made it deeper it would be epic. Sometimes because you can't believe how hectic a Multiball can be. It can be cruel. Great "just one more game" factor.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Lucky both of you. UK: 20%

Is it still 17.5% VAT plus duty?

#30 11 years ago

My wife is the CSI fan, so I bought one for her...got lucky as it was the $2500 one on ebay a couple months ago. Looks HUO.
I must confess, with the hundreds of games I have had through 40 years it is a fun game.
Yes, it feels like the code could have gone farther to "solve a crime" a Whodunit feature, or that extra ramp.
Not a die hard skilled players game. but for fun, for family, its pretty damn sharp.
Most of the people that are not "players" like it the best when they visit.
So for me, a damn good "B" game, but if my wife is happy, I get an "A".

#31 11 years ago

That is really well put. I would like to see some skilled players play it in a tournament though. To see how it would go.

#32 11 years ago

My CSI was used in the 2010 Expo tournament. It definately has a different flow, but it's never leaving the collection.

#33 11 years ago

I never say never, as my collection is small...And I bought this fully expect to rotate it out in 6 months...but I find myself often thinking, this is really a keeper!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For the most part those of us that own one and "get it" are not interested in selling.

Agreed. I bought mine thinking I would flip it in a year, but now...no way.

#35 11 years ago

Read the ruleset...pinballnews.com....

The multibal rules are deep as F&%#....

and you have to complete them to get to the "wizard" shot....

a 50 million shot as i recall....

I only completed one multi ball on 3 ball games with ruleset set to hard or extra hard, and the game is a challenge....

getting to multiball isnt all that hard, but completeing them is a Kieth Elwin type of journey...

There is more to the game read the rules ...play it , and give it a shot..i think the code is polished out pretty nicely...

and i think the humor in the game is entertaining...

Familyarcade...enjoy my game...or should i say your game....

#36 11 years ago

Bought my CSI with about 300 plays, $3,500. Everyone likes this game.

#37 11 years ago

I'll have about $4000 in mine after all the upgrades (shaker, new playfield, etc). Definitely no regrets here.

#38 11 years ago

Shaker? Does that add alot? Other than the caution tape powder coat...any cool mods to CSI?

#39 11 years ago

If you are patient you can grab a nice CSI for around $3000. Not a huge run on that title, but they are out there.

I've turned down a few around that price just because I don't really care for the title.

#40 11 years ago

CSI Update:

1) missed out on auction of a used lightly routed CSI that sold for $3600, my final bid was $3200

2) NIB purchased for $4350 the next day

Quick question, should I install a shaker in this game? Does it add allot to gameplay?

Thanks for all your feedback fellow Pinheads!

#41 11 years ago

I'm not sure CSI supports a shaker....

Hmmmm ?

#42 11 years ago

I think all Sterns since sm include shaker software, but would love confirmation!

#43 11 years ago

Congrats! I have heard CSI supports the shaker, but never played one with. I've always kind of thought of the centrifuge as a shaker...LOL!

#44 11 years ago

CSI Update:
1) missed out on auction of a used lightly routed CSI that sold for $3600, my final bid was $3200
2) NIB purchased for $4350 the next day
Quick question, should I install a shaker in this game? Does it add allot to gameplay?
Thanks for all your feedback fellow Pinheads!

Congrats! Welcome to the club. Please post about your first Multiball!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think all Sterns since sm include shaker software, but would love confirmation!

WOF didn't, Shrek didn't ...not 100% but I don't think NBA did. Don't think I've ever heard of CSI shaking...but the centrifuge shakes the f*ck out of the game!

#46 11 years ago

Just spotted a NIB CSI in Canada on eBay asking $10k!

http://bit.ly/Ugo0ZF

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from screen:

Saw this yesterday. No chance of getting that price

#48 11 years ago

Awesome! We have a new going price for CSI! LOL!

Since that one is NIB for $10k...my HUO should be easily worth $8k with the ultra-rare 1 of 10 McKee topper. I'll sacrifice it at $7k for Pinsiders only.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from screen:

Their about 2 months early!

#50 11 years ago

CSI is in the house! Hey Now!

The centrifuge in the middle of game is like having a shaker as the entire cabinet shakes. PIN has come cool toys, definately a unique layout.

Is a shaker really necessary in this game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-csi-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.