IMG_7235.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_7233.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_7364.PNG (resized).png
IMG_7220.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_7343.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_7224.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_7339.JPG (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

I'm looking at buying a CFTBL, that is for sale near me. It appears to be in decent "players" condition.

Snack bar does have a bit of wear, cabinet has some dings here and here, fade on decals. No leds, and will need full rubber kit, and shop out.

I think the Ramps and plastics are in good shape. I have not seen it in person yet and I believe the asking price is 4500.00 which is a little on the high side I'm thinking . Love any input!

#2 6 years ago

Does seem high, but really need pictures to say more.

#3 6 years ago

check out this thread, might be the same game as in the same state I think.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-purchasing-a-cftbl-have-some-questions

#4 6 years ago

Sweet, Im looking forward to following along with the restoration...

#5 6 years ago

Here are some photos, love your input. I have been told, Hologram motor is good and the hologram itself is good (Ill believe it when I see it), has color DMD, no LEDS.

IMG_7339.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7339.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7224.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7224.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7343.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7343.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7220.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7220.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7364.PNG (resized).pngIMG_7364.PNG (resized).png

IMG_7233.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7233.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7235.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7235.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7230.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7230.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7229.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7229.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_7236.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_7236.JPG (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago

With the color DMD, it doesn't seem that far off.

#7 6 years ago

Kind of agree with 85. Color DMD, pricing may be pretty close.

#8 6 years ago

The snack bar hole is pretty rounded out. Should be square

#9 6 years ago

patrickvc ya i noticed that, i don't even think a cliffy can help that one. My plan is to do a restore on it but need to ensure the PF is a good candidate

#10 6 years ago

that looks pretty good Soulrider911 , yes the snackbar hole is rounded out but with a cliffy that should be fine and depends on the restore can be strengthened up underneath to support the cliffy, slight wear above the rhs flipper in the aqua blue - probably from a flogged out flipper at one stage and slight wear on the bottom on the M insert but that is fairly common but both could be touched up, holo may or may not be ok - maybe brought to life with a green led or go for a non holo mod (can give you info on that mod), shooter lane has wear but with a restore would be a good purchase and cabinet is black in that area near the flippers so you can do a minor restore there.

for the right price would be a good one to get

edit - would also change the batteries to a separate holder to avoid acid damage

#11 6 years ago

Great input @schwaggs, so I'm thinking 4500 is a tad high, whats your feeling. And the guy is 100% firm no budging at all, he made that very clear lol

#12 6 years ago

The fact that its local to you is worth a few hundred bucks... If its a title you're looking for, fully working and has a nice hologram its definitely worth it especially with the color DMD.

#13 6 years ago

I would agree, considering I heard on a podcast the other day that Tommy from This Flippin Podcast sold his for around $6500

check it out, have a few games and check the flashers near the subway holes etc work and enjoy

#14 6 years ago

Other option is a partially restored one from a fellow PinSider in NJ that can ship it to me for 6500.00. Color dmd, snack bar mod, all speaker panel mods, mike d mod, leds, super clean, playfield is in 100% better condition hmm

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Other option is a partially restored one from a fellow PinSider in NJ that can ship it to me for 6500.00. Color dmd, snack bar mod, all speaker panel mods, mike d mod, leds, super clean, playfield is in 100% better condition hmm

Dude, you love the restoration process...seems you would be happier doing it yourself...

#16 6 years ago

cosmokramer yes you are right, it’s just so tempting but yes I love doing it myself

#17 6 years ago

I don't think the price is too high at all. Especially when you factor in the West Coast price bump.

#18 6 years ago

Price is very good, if it were near me it’d be gone already.

#19 6 years ago

I would value it between $3700-$4200 based on the pictures.

I sold one a couple years ago with a ColorDMD and speaker panel mod for $4900 that was in much better shape. For your other option, that seems high unless it has an NOS PF in it though not enough detail to evaluate.

I bought a HEP restored Creature with an NOS PF and speaker panel mod for $8k and then added a ColorDMD after I sold my other one. I know prices have increased in the last 2-3 years, but I still think you would be paying a premium for either one.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would value it between $3700-$4200 based on the pictures.

Wow! I would buy all the Creatures I could get in this price range with color DMD and good hologram...

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

good hologram...

I wouldn’t go that far, he says it’s good but as I said above that’s one of those features in person is the only way to determine. I’d be surprised if it was good, most are not and it’s just because of age and natural light

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Wow! I would buy all the Creatures I could get in this price range with color DMD and good hologram...

I didn't think you bought games that weren't CQ or close.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn't think you bought games that weren't CQ or close.

Really? Not true at all. I always look for a good deal but do prefer the CQ/HUO ones for sure.

#24 6 years ago

Well guys decided to hold off, it is a nice one but I’m a pickly person, I’ll be totally honest. Additionally a great fish tales came up every closer to me and basically half the price and I love fish tales! Not as much as creech, but it’s a goodie. Thanks for everyone’s input!

#25 6 years ago

I bought mine off location in the 90s for around $600. I have put no money into mods, and I would not sell mine for that price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-creature-from-the-black-lagoon?hl=dcannan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.