You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2956 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20161012-164449 (resized).png
Screenshot_20161012-164503 (resized).png
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Thinking about getting a congo. Have a line on one supposedly a nice game with no cab fade. I have a ST pro with a lot of mods he would trade for even up. What do you value a nice congo at?

#2 7 years ago

Imo dollar for dollar he is getting the better deal in that trade

#3 7 years ago

Yeah. Isn't a modded ST Pro mid 4's? Congo is like low 3's. No?

#4 7 years ago

Few nice congos i know of sold for 3500-4500 depending on condition and upgrades. Good luck as its a very fun pin that took me 7 months to find when i was looking years ago

#5 7 years ago

Watch for the top of the volcano on congo to be cracked or missing a piece. The upkicker welds break and should be replaced with the upgraded mantis one.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Thinking about getting a congo. Have a line on one supposedly a nice game with no cab fade. I have a ST pro with a lot of mods he would trade for even up. What do you value a nice congo at?

mods are largely worthless unless the other person really wants the ones you have.

Game for Game, I would take Congo over STpro every day.

Congo is 3500 if decent and playing well but prices seem to continue up. Hard to find a nice one.
ST pro is 4200 and going down and easy to find.

JMO.

I would sell the ST and buy the congo outright to save me some money. Thing is... is that worth the added hassle to you and is he willing to sell the congo outright?

#7 7 years ago

Also was offered a nice heavily modded Cftbl for St.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah. Isn't a modded ST Pro mid 4's? Congo is like low 3's. No?

NO!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Also was offered a nice heavily modded Cftbl for St.

That's an offer I would take

#10 7 years ago

Owned both, SternTrek > Congo

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Congo is 3500 if decent and playing well but prices seem to continue up. Hard to find a nice one.

this is it...Agree on prices, you can't find Congo, you can get ST anywhere...plus Congo is the greatest game in the history of flipper hobbies

Ask the guy for $500 cash too

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Owned both, SternTrek > Congo

Me too. Congo > SternTrek

#13 7 years ago

Nice Congos are hard to find, prices have been going up to near Whitewater prices.

#14 7 years ago

ST will pull in the 4's. Congos can range from 3-3.5 for the most part. Guy is getting a better deal.

CFTBL is a better trade, but a nice one pulls low 4's unless you have high dollar mods in it. Agree with Whynow that mods usually don't increase value, but the screen replacement for the hologram puts a lot of people's mind at ease for this one.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Of course he would. Sounds like he is trying to take advantage of you. I think he should be kicking in at least $1000, maybe more.

#16 7 years ago

Lots of price pumpers in this thread. Be sure to look at collections of those giving you advice on "value". Congo is not a 3.5-4k game.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Few nice congos i know of sold for 3500-4500 depending on condition and upgrades. Good luck as its a very fun pin that took me 7 months to find when i was looking years ago

Quoted from Whysnow:

mods are largely worthless unless the other person really wants the ones you have.
Game for Game, I would take Congo over STpro every day.
JMO.
I would sell the ST and buy the congo outright to save me some money. Thing is... is that worth the added hassle to you and is he willing to sell the congo outright?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

this is it...Agree on prices, you can't find Congo, you can get ST anywhere...plus Congo is the greatest game in the history of flipper hobbies
Ask the guy for $500 cash too

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Lots of price pumpers in this thread.

I own one. Have well over 3k in it--all new ramps/plastics/window/rebuilt everything. I'm not selling so no price pump here. Just look at the pinside archives and you'll have the answer....stop the unfounded accusations chief.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Lots of price pumpers in this thread. Be sure to look at collections of those giving you advice on "value". Congo is not a 3.5-4k game.

players condition sold by one of the cheapest sellers on Pinside >>3150
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-congo-williams-1995-2005

That is a pretty good bottom for a player machine.

#19 7 years ago

You don't need to be selling a game to price pump.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gwaxt is a good seller, and HE refers to this one as "player's condition" but I feel that others would not use that term for a machine with this description:

"playfield in very nice shape. no wear spots. inserts look good.

cabinet is in nice shape, colored cabinet w/minimal to zero fade. A couple bumps and bruised associated with a routed machine.

Game is currently being shopped, w/new window, leds, rubbers, etc."

#21 7 years ago

Hmm look here and also there are none for sale and its pretty hard to find one especially a nice one.....Screenshot_20161012-164449 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161012-164449 (resized).png

Screenshot_20161012-164503 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161012-164503 (resized).png

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also have to say it sold in 1 day.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

These days it is, if it's nice. As with all pins that used to be "cheap", once they've all been snatched up and become keepers in collections, the price reflects what an owner is willing to take to pry it away from them. Only 2,129 were made...how many of those have survived and are in the U.S.? 1000 give or take?

Hey, I wish things were like they were a decade ago...Congos were $1000 all day long, no one wanted a game based on a shitty movie...I got mine 3 or 4 years ago for $2300.....but as inventory has shrunk and new game prices have gone up, a game like Congo can be $3-4k and seem like a bargain to someone in 2016.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hmm look here and also there are none for sale and its pretty hard to find one especially a nice one.....

"Asking price" and that doesn't really prove your point that this is a 35-4500 game. It's not. OK, I've said my peace, exiting thread. Carry on.

#25 7 years ago

I know two people that recently sold their Congos for over 4k. East coast parties.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

"Asking price" and that doesn't really prove your point that this is a 35-4500 game. It's not. OK, I've said my peace, exiting thread. Carry on.

Lol .... i personally know of one that sold for 5k very very nice and loaded.....a decent one for 4k and i have around 4k in mine after restoring it and have offers over 4k but its not leaveing bc its to difficult to find o and its a great playing pin..... thats just a few and u will hear many sales from others that are the same .

#27 7 years ago

I have a nice Congo but it will take $4500 to rip it out of my paws. No sayers should just go buy a GB.

#28 7 years ago

My point is literally every person defending these prices in this thread owns a Congo.

OK OK seriously I'll leave the thread now. Sorry I ruined your black panther party.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

My point is literally every person defending these prices in this thread owns a Congo.
OK OK seriously I'll leave the thread now. Sorry I ruined your black panther party.

That should tell you what a great game it is When so many love it and also have experience with buying it...

well, sometimes they know what they are talking about.

Sorry, but congo is one of those games based on simple supply/demand that has gone way up and continues to rise.

Quoted from pinbum:

I have a nice Congo but it will take $4500 to rip it out of my paws. No sayers should just go buy a GB.

I wont ever sell mine. Just too much good and unique game play.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Dont be mad just go away! You know you want one lol.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Thats bc we have experience buying them....i searched for 7 months and most were selling to high for my taste (over 3500 almost 2 years ago)and price has went up on everything since.....its not necessarily bc we own one.

#32 7 years ago

I will put it in terms even idiots can understand. I have owned close to 100 different titles and Congos fast & fun gameplay beats them all and this is why the other titles are long gone but have kept Congo for 6 years now.

#33 7 years ago

Pricing the 90's stuff is not so simple. To a collector, a pristine HUO or very nicely restored 90's pin is usually worth double the price of a beater. That's a broad range. For Congo, probably $2500-$5000. There is no specific value.

My advice for the OP is that his ST is probably worth at least $4500, so it's really not a fair trade unless the Congo is truly exceptional, pristine, fully-restored, etc. Odds are it's not. Maybe 1 in 20 will be that nice.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Exactly! Not getting mine for less than 4,500 either. That is if I would ever consider selling.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

What's your point? Are any of us Congo owners SELLING our Congos? No. I told you what I paid for mine and I have zero plans on selling it...so, I don't care what they sell for now. I'm just telling you what they DO sell for now based on what I've seen. We're giving you facts.

Quoted from pinlink:

OK OK seriously I'll leave the thread now.

If we're so wrong, where are all these cheap Congos? Your move. Facts. Don't have them? Then, yeah, you should go lol.

Quoted from pinlink:

Sorry I ruined your black panther party.

?!?!?!?!? WTF!?!?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Or...or.....OR, these people HAVE BOUGHT A CONGO SO THEY KNOW THE FREAKIN PRICE YOU %#$%#%#$#$

Read the #^%$^$ archive prices.

OK, I've said my peace, carry on

#37 7 years ago

It is what it is! You keep on paying big money for the newest Stern out ,and find its not as great as you thought. This is why a solid classic, Williams, Bally will continue being sought after.

#38 7 years ago

3500-4500

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

It is what it is! You keep on paying big money for the newest Stern out ,and find its not as great as you thought. This is why a solid classic, Williams, Bally will continue being sought after.

Totally agree... i was on the stern kick but recently sold or traded a few of them and got afm and mb and man they are just better to play and just plain more fun. Congo is veey fun also as are the majority of wpc 95 pins...hell most b/w are pretty dam good. To bad they went to pin2000 and then quit the pin business....

#40 7 years ago

I agree with timtim 3500-4500, most owners will be at the high end due to rarity and fun factor & of course condition.

#41 7 years ago

Exactly what was said here
I have owned one for about 12 years now and it would be the last one to leave and I own 21 pins and I have some new sterns too. I would say around 3500 for a decent one now days
Good luck

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

...and got afm and mb and man ...

Have you tracked your posting history on how many times you've said this? I swear, man, you're like Panzer with the "toys" comments. I almost think you're getting commission every time you let us know you got AFM and MB .

I'm just ribbing you FWIW. Glad you enjoy the games that much...Like...THAT..much .

#43 7 years ago

I own Congo so I'd say 6500 on a conservative estimate.
But no really, I cannot put a value on it as I do not want to sell it yet.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Have you tracked your posting history on how many times you've said this? I swear, man, you're like Panzer with the "toys" comments. I almost think you're getting commission every time you let us know you got AFM and MB .
I'm just ribbing you FWIW. Glad you enjoy the games that much...Like...THAT..much .

Yep so much im trying to get the hep afm but its not looking good (no transport) but im very happy with one i have. At first mb was just ok compared to afm but its really growing on me after dialing it in and setting it up much more difficult. Now just gotta decide on next title which may be a mm, ss or maybe tom. Really like horror /sci fi themes so i think ss may be next.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's your point? Are any of us Congo owners SELLING our Congos? No.

His point is that if you own a Congo you have a vested interest in its value going up. Even if you are not currently selling, you would obviously want it's value increase. It's true, some people have a very difficult time being objective. That being said, his argument that only people in this thread that value Congo over $3500 are people that own it is invalid. I don't own one, I would like to buy one, and I believe that the price range mentioned in this thread is pretty fair. I would pay in that range for sure, dependent upon condition of course.

OP, just recognize that pin owners naturally over-value and buyers naturally under-value. Usually it balances itself out, but it seems like you are getting some pretty good advice from everyone.

Quoted from pinlink:

Sorry I ruined your black panther party.

I don't think you know what that means...

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

His point is that if you own a Congo you have a vested interest in its value going up. Even if you are not currently selling, you would obviously want it's value increase. It's true, some people have a very difficult time being objective.

Well, I promise I'm being objective. I really don't care what Congos are worth, since I have one already and have no plans to sell. If I ever do sell it, as long as it's at least the $2300 I paid for it, I'll be happy. If it was a bit less, it wouldn't bother me. Anyway - owner opinions are irrelevant ...the prices people are posting are based on the reality of what Congo sells for.

#47 7 years ago

HIPPO's , choose wisely!

#48 7 years ago

Pinballz in Austin has one for sale, $3k. Plays well enough for league.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Is that the one that's been on ebay forever? If so its pretty rough condition. I was getting desperate at one point after 6 months of looking and was gonna get it but finally found one ..

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I bet its a real beaut!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.