Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Fast-Ed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I was in a doctors basement today fixing his furnace( I'm a heating and cooling contractor) and I saw a cleopatra ss pinball in excellent but dirty shape. He bought it brand new and it quit working a few years ago. I asked him if it was for sale and he said if you get my furnace working it is yours. I fixed the furnace and I'm going back when it warms up to get it. I'll have 350.00 in it. Do you think I made a good deal or not?its looks great, no wear on playfield, cabinet is perfect and back glass is not flaking. What are tour thoughts? Ed

#2 10 years ago

You didn't lose anything on the deal. What you do have going for you is the condition of the pin as most were played pretty hard. Usually the BG and playfield are in fair to poor condition.

When set up properly it's a lighting fast game for it's age.

#3 10 years ago

I really liked the one I had, get it waxed up and white rubs and it's a good nudging game. Definitely worth $350 in excellent condition.

#4 10 years ago

Nice one for sale one wichita CL for 850 so you should be in good shape at 350

#5 10 years ago

you stole it if its in that shape...

Fun gameplay...

#6 10 years ago

At $350, its hard to see how you can go wrong. Still, not much love for this game.

This one northernwi.craigslist.org link
has been for sale at $700 forever

#7 10 years ago

Ive got the SS version for cheap. Make me an offer.

#8 10 years ago

Very challenging game from back in the 70s. Good game and good price. Just finished installing a new ni-wumpf cpu board in mine.

#9 10 years ago

I don't understand the hate for this game. Love the artwork and a fast table.

#10 10 years ago

Would have been better if it was a Joker Poker. I believe that is the most highest rated gottlieb system 1

#11 10 years ago

You didn't state if it was a SS or EM version . If SS and you have to replace all the boards - than NO .

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Would have been better if it was a Joker Poker. I believe that is the most highest rated gottlieb system 1

It would have been better if it was a Catcus Canyon too... LOL

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

You didn't state if it was a SS or EM version . If SS and you have to replace all the boards - than NO .

It's a solid state game, looks Brand new but does not work. Ed

#14 10 years ago

That's what soured me on Sys.1 games . Put $5oo. in boards and connectors you'll have $7oo into it . Then try and find someone to give you $5oo for it .

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

It's a solid state game, looks Brand new but does not work. Ed

I may part my game so if you need boards let me know.

#16 10 years ago

I sold the last two I had fully working for around $450 to $550 (fairly nice but not perfect condition). But the key is yours "looks great" so I think you did OK to good. Cleopatra is a machine that some people really like so a nice one fully working SHOULD be worth $800 to $1000 espically if it was HUO (highly unlikely) if you find the right buyer.

If you made the deal to flip the machine you likely did OK even if you have to put a new board or two into it but if you bought the machine to keep you did great finding a late 1970's pin in great shape to add to your collection.

#17 10 years ago

Rebuild the power supply board ($25), NOS driver board ($65) and new Wi-Numpf board ($200). Might as well re-pin the connectors while you're at it. They don't cost alot but take a lot of time. You'll have a solid machine for years to come.

#18 10 years ago

but you may have to do none of that to get it to run, ya never know...

the MPU may be fine...

it may be a fuse LOL

#19 10 years ago

Ok thanks guys, it's definitely Huo. The guys a retired doctor and bought it brand new in St. Louis. I'll get it going and if I don't like it I'll trade it. I'm not going back to get it for a few weeks. Ed

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I may part my game so if you need boards let me know.

Ok I'll let you know thanks. Ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-cleopatra-solid-state-pinball-system-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.