Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

What would you pay for a Class of 1812 in average condition? Am I crazy for liking this pin? I also have a BSD, TS and DM. Plus some EMs. Good to have a shallower, easier pin?

#2 6 years ago

Has some wear at kickout holes, etc.

#4 6 years ago

Yup. I'm in.sucker. Fun .

#5 6 years ago

If only pins came up near me.

#6 6 years ago

I had one when I was full once, never got it working, and sold it, and wish to this day I had not. I have never seen another. Music and the chicken "bach'ing" to the chattering teeth is AWESOME.

#7 6 years ago

$1500 is about right. I know someone selling one around here for $1600 and it's a nice example.

#8 6 years ago

Too many variables not accounted for. Assuming plastics and ramps are unbroken, and playfield wear is minimal... 1000-1200

#9 6 years ago

Guy says PF shows wear and has some touch up in a lot of spots

#10 6 years ago

I would say 1200-1400......since I just sold one in that range that was complete and a pretty nice PF

#11 6 years ago

I'm gonna pass at $1k. It does have LEDs and seller is an honest person, but I'm just concerned about of touch up, etc. condition is too poor at that price, although it is fully functional.

#12 6 years ago

I bought mine years ago for $1000 with the flippers not working. I had been keeping an eye out for several years and never caught wind of one selling for less than $1300 at that time. I think $1500-1900 is average now. This game is just very difficult to find. Also, they all seem to have wear at the grave kickout, so I wouldn't hold that against it unless it's really bad.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

What would you pay for a Class of 1812 in average condition? Am I crazy for liking this pin? I also have a BSD, TS and DM. Plus some EMs. Good to have a shallower, easier pin?

It's a cool game! I miss mine sometimes. There's not much to the rules, but it's got buckets full of charm. The music & voices are awesome & funny. Chickens clucking to the multiball music is classic!

#14 6 years ago

Yeah, I love the game too. But he said it was full mylar and had a lot of touch ups. Given that it's not deep, I am concerned I would tire of it quickly and then might be hard to sell given its condition.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Yeah, I love the game too. But he said it was full mylar and had a lot of touch ups. Given that it's not deep, I am concerned I would tire of it quickly and then might be hard to sell given its condition.

Full mylar with touchups is better than most 1812's I've seen. Gottlieb/Premiere games pretty much had zero clearcoat as far as I can tell. I've seen some with more wood showing than art. If the one you're looking at looks "good enough", you're ahead of the game. It's not as easy to sell as a late '90s game, but it's a game that has a pretty decent cult following - I think there's always going to be someone interested in it.

#16 6 years ago

Full mylar was standard on this game.

#17 6 years ago

Nah, they didnt have mylar around the bumpers and back area. so they are usually trashed back there. Ive owned 5 of these and 3 of them were pretty bad. Including bad or missing hands and bad or missing hearts.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

they didnt have mylar around the bumpers and back area.

This is true, it doesn't extend to the back or quite down to the flippers either. It's still factory mylar that covers almost the whole pf. I was under the impression that the op was thinking this was something a previous owner had added to cover touch up.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Nah, they didnt have mylar around the bumpers and back area. so they are usually trashed back there. Ive owned 5 of these and 3 of them were pretty bad. Including bad or missing hands and bad or missing hearts.

For a gottlieb sys 3, and given the time, I do agree there is a lot of wear on these indicative of it being quite popular in the few places that had it. Very fun experience for pinball all around.

#20 6 years ago

Guy had a great one at Allentown. Go for excellent condition only. Love the game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA
$ 249.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside