Price check - Circus Voltaire

By Dbaum88

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Was hoping for a price check on a very, very nice CV, full LED, new DMD, plasma orb mod, new flippers, new green ball in habitrail, very nice condition and PF and nicely modded.

I was thinking of trading my first run Tron Pro (Screen printed cabinet, 3D backglass, Flynn Arcade, ramp lights, etc. and $1400 for it.....

Am I crazy? Has pinball ADD struck again?

Thanks.....

#2 10 years ago

Depends on how much PPS charges for the remake. The originals were plagued by cloudy inserts backglass wear where the ball bounces against it, and wear around the big hole. Other than that they held up pretty well, and replacements for the neon tube were available.

Its tough to judge how these things are going to work out with the remakes coming out. Good luck with your decision. Its a neat game and a brand new one will be even prettier to look at.

#3 10 years ago

If I was selling that CV, I would reject that trade offer without even countering.

(Based on $4500ish value for Tron, not my opinion of the game.)

#4 10 years ago

Is a remake of CV actually been announced, or is it just speculation?

#5 10 years ago

Speculation. PPS might even do a poll to see what most people want next. It would seem that CV would be near the top of the list though, and certainly higher up than TZ or TAF since so many of them are out there and available. Most guess that CC will be next from what I have heard, but many other think it will be AFM.

But its only a matter of time before CV happens since its so different and not many were made. Were they not "clearing them out" near the same time as MM?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Lambow:

Is a remake of CV actually been announced, or is it just speculation?

This. To your original question Dbaum, I don't know that I'd want to pay more than 6000-7000 for a cirqus Voltaire in the condition you describe. Of course, I played this game a fair amount back in the day and never really had the boner for it that some around here seem to.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

If I was selling that CV, I would reject that trade offer without even countering.
(Based on $4500ish value for Tron, not my opinion of the game.)

Has the value of a really nice, modded Tron Pro with all of the extras fallen to $4500?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Has the value of a really nice, modded Tron Pro with all of the extras fallen to $4500?

Depends on the Tron and timing and location etc, but they sure aren't moving north of $5k. If I was trading I sure wouldn't let the value go higher than that. Then again I think most CVs I see for sale right now are overpriced and won't move at that, so hey.

I also doubt a PPS remake of CV is coming any time soon, if ever, personally.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

This. To your original question Dbaum, I don't know that I'd want to pay more than 6000-7000 for a Cirqus Voltaire in the condition you describe. Of course, I played this game a fair amount back in the day and never really had the boner for it that some around here seem to.

Pip - What do they (CV) seem to be selling for these days?

#10 10 years ago

I wouldn't think much more than $7000 for a nice example. I haven't seen in person the one being advertised here that's in ATL. That said, $9000 seems like crazy money for that title. I'm cheap though and missed out on a proto CV back in 01 cause I didn't want to give the guy $1400. So I may be an idiot.

#11 10 years ago

It's not the $9000 one, which is powder coated, etc. more like $6700.

#12 10 years ago

For a nice one, that seems like it's in the right ballpark to me. I'd probably try to talk 'em down to valuing it around 6 or a bit less and work the trade from there. Cirqus Voltaire and Monster Bash? That's the big leagues brother!

#13 10 years ago

I just gave $7000 for a nice one. I love it. What a great game.

#14 10 years ago

I have a sample CV and it would take $7500 for me let it go!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

For a nice one, that seems like it's in the right ballpark to me. I'd probably try to talk 'em down to valuing it around 6 or a bit less and work the trade from there. Cirqus Voltaire and Monster Bash? That's the big leagues brother!

Thanks Pip! And all it cost me is my Tron, ES, FT, STTNG and Cyclone! lol.

#16 10 years ago

I have sold 2 really nice CV's in the last couple months for $8-9k each

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I have sold 2 really nice CV's in the last couple months for $8-9k each

Wow! Who would of thought that a CV would be selling for more than a MM.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

I was thinking of trading my first run Tron Pro (Screen printed cabinet, 3D backglass, Flynn Arcade, ramp lights, etc. and $1400 for it.....

That's a good trade. I think CV is a $6k+- range game, so it seems fair with a little bit in favor to you.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks for the input. Keep it coming!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Where are you seeing $8,000 MMs?

#23 10 years ago

There is a sub-$8k one on the market now.

#24 10 years ago

I would guess around $6500-7000 for CV.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

lol - nice one.

I would personally not pay as much if someone powder coated everything on this machine, as it seems to get the most god awful ugly combinations of colours in out there. If they all came original with these colours, everyone would be shelling out tons to mod them to stainless steel.

In original state, I would say about $6,500-$7,500, but condition and location with these more expensive machines is a big factor.

#26 10 years ago

Sold a fully chromed one for $8k end of 2013.

Since CV tends to be one of those love it or hate it type machines, I have found that once you get pricing up above the 6500 price point it needs to be fairly tricked out (tastefully) to get any nibbles from buyers or it tends to sit there for quite some time.

Plus a lot of long term collectors tend to have very good memories and can still remember them on closeout for $1900........

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

There is a sub-$8k one on the market now.

Remake pre orders don't count.

#28 10 years ago

As I recall it was a '97 one but I didn't look at it closely.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

VolunteerPin said:There is a sub-$8k one on the market now.
Remake pre orders don't count.

It wasn't a remake preorder, it is/was a real 1997 MM that I had for sale. I got it as part of a package deal with some other pins and it's a pretty nice game. I had it listed for almost a week at 8900 with no takers, then dropped it to 7900 which got people interested and sold with the buyer paying $500 to ship it cross country. I didn't price it high to have it sit around and make conversation, I priced it to sell and the buyer got a deal.

#30 10 years ago

I bought a nice HUO CV last year for $6700. Very little ghosting on the inserts, clean, LED's, cabinet about an 8.5. It felt like a good price.

I love my Tron pro and it's not going anywhere. But if I was trading a Tron pro for a CV, I would expect to have to put about $2000-2500 with it. Sounds like you've got yourself a good deal.

#31 10 years ago

CV really blings with a chrome kit and LEDs. Sounds like a few guys have been getting some decent deals on them lately...congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-circus-voltaire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.