Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Thinking about selling my Christopher Hutchins full restoration STNG. The game is perfect, has around 400 plays since I took it to Chris for a full restoration. All pictures of the meticulous restoration process are online. Looks like it just came from the factory. Will be moving and I could use the money for home improvement projects. That is the only reason I am thinking about selling.

#2 8 years ago

& have you thought about a price?
the other Skip

#3 8 years ago

It's going to be worth quite a bit more than a regular STTNG, but you won't come close to getting your money back either.

#4 8 years ago

$8,000+.....I dunno, I heard he does good work.

#5 8 years ago

I've not seen a CH rebuild in person, though I've heard he does great work. But I've got to agree with RobT, the price of admission is not for resale, but to hold on to. Maybe a high end collector would pay that $8000+, but I'd pass on it when I could pay not more than half that and get one in excellent condition. Clever Name, I'm not trying to degrade your effort, just trying to be real in this market.
the other Skip

#6 8 years ago

What year is the restoration from ? HEP is a brand name itself and commands more money than a Joe Blow restore as Chris is the best @ restoring pinball machines .

Jim

#7 8 years ago

It's funny, because I just mentioned in the NIB STTNG thread that I thought someone would be crazy to buy it because they could have two HEP STTNG's for that price. How much are you asking for yours, CN?

#8 8 years ago

Chris has stated that the value of a recently-restored HEP would generally be about 15% below the owner's total cost in the game--which is basically therefore, the unboxing privilege. (Otherwise, someone could just buy a base game, send it to HEP, and unbox one themselves for the same cost.)

That said, that's really just a guideline--as I recall a low-play HEP CFTBL (just months out of restoration) that had to be marked down three times last year--from $7500, to $6900, till someone finally bought it near the last price reduction of $6400 (which is obviously a lot less than 15% of the owner's total cost).

Really depends on timing as much as anything else: the number of high end potential buyers actively looking when you happen to be selling your machine.

#9 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, this has been helpful. I've bought and sold a bunch of different games now, but this is my highly restored one, and its difficult to know the true value of a collector quality machine, as it can be so different from the traditional value. For those requesting a price, I will probably officially list it for sale very soon for around or a bit less than what I have invested in it.

I got a good price on the un-restored original and I enjoyed getting it restored and having a "new" pin for a while. I think that like most of us, I'm not in this hobby to make money. So, if I can get close to break-even, I will be satisfied. It's going to be difficult to let it go, regardless of price. I am located near Atlanta, and I am not interested in shipping it. If anyone is seriously interested and willing to pay cash and pick up, please let me know and we can talk.

#10 8 years ago

Makes a huge difference too what year this was restored. Chris's work has evolved quite alot over the years.

#11 8 years ago

I would ask what you paid for it. In lieu of how crazy pricing has gotten I would say it would not be unheard of to get the price you paid to restore it.

The cftbl was an older restore IIRC, Chris' work gets better with every restore.

#12 8 years ago

I would be interested if you were closer to IL. Or we could ship. Pm me if interested.

#14 8 years ago

I think this game was done in 2006 so I would say it is likely a $6000-$6500 game on the resale market these days with the right buyer.I could be off $500 either way.
Most games in that B or B plus category top out around there although restoring a STTNG can be an expensive endeavor.
STTNG is a game that does not come through here as frequently as games like MM,TZ,IJ,AFM,MB,CV,FH,CFTBL etc so there are not too many HEP examples of the game out there.One thing you always have to consider though is that many people that want a particular title in HEP form will already have them or will willing pay more to have the most current version built to their own specs so a sale price here or there or perspective ones don't always tell the full story.

Here is the actual restoration of the game.Keep in mind processes are even more detailed and standards are higher now 5 years later but it is still a respectable restoration I would say even by todays standards.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album72

#15 8 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Christopher Hutchins!

#16 8 years ago

Very glad to have you on Pinside thanks for the info!

#17 8 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Chris!

An honor to have you here.

#18 8 years ago

Thanks for the welcome guys.Looks like a great place.

#19 8 years ago

Welcome to pinside

#20 8 years ago

Hi Chris, you are correct. 2006 sounds about right. Its a great machine!! But, I really don't understand how anyone could think any of those titles are better than STNG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside