(Topic ID: 39660)

Price Check - Chicago Coin Sound Stage

By Pafasa

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IntoPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

Yeah... But mine is VERY nice all around...

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

You agree with the $400 range for yours?

For the one I have, yes. But... Mine is a finished super clean example with low plays. I didn't have to sink any money into it or time refurbing it. I would never have paid that much if it was a project.

#12 11 years ago

Pafasa... I wouldn't go more than $200 for a SS project. There are some pics of mine here... Scroll down... http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-knocker-1

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I offered the guy $150 and told him I might consider more but need to see it first. The pics just aren't good enough. He told me I was way too low and he would rather take a sledgehammer to it for that price. Hope he doesn't. He is asking $650. I will wait and see if I hear anything else from him. I would have gone to see it if I felt he would be close to the $200 mark.

$650? Ouch.

That's someone who clearly has no idea what these machines realistically go for... Especially a Sound Stage that needs work.

$150 was a fair offer for sure.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

he would rather take a sledgehammer to it for that price.

I can see negotiating is his strong point.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Still interesting though since I play in a band.

I balance playing/ singing in three bands plus various musical projects myself... Haha. Probably why I like the music theme as well... Between my pins and my 11 bass guitars, it's a wonder the wife hasn't booted me out.... Must be my long hair.

1 week later
#29 11 years ago

Anything new on the Sound Stage, Pafasa?

No sledgehammering?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Complete out of touch with the seller. I assume he sold it or sledgehammered it. No contact since his reaction to my offer. I sent him a reply but have heard nothing since and have not seen the machine back up for sale.

Eh... No big deal. There are other fish in the sea. I have driven quite a few miles to look at machines only to end up passing on them due to price and/or condition.

You were very fair and honest with the seller....

Sometimes that's all you can do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IntoPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-chicago-coin-sound-stage?tu=IntoPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.