(Topic ID: 57909)

Price Check: CFTBL plus nice IPB pf

By Whysnow

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am starting to debate what game gets sold so the next one can come in. CFTBL is the most likely from my currnet collection to leave...

I have a nice CFTBL and also a nice IPB pf (from earlier runs and is nice quality). I bought the pf becuase I am a dork and figured it was good to have in case I ever want perfect. The current pf in the game is VERY nice with only minimal blems and hardly any snack bar scoop wear (was previous covered with cliffy). If I were to just sell the game I would consider selling the pf seperately.

For the most part the game is very nice. I have never done anything to it becuase frankly it has not needed anything. Hologram is green with tint of blue (depends on angle) but still looks very nice. I'd say it is greener that most I have seen.

If I were to keep this game, then I would probably do a full top side tear down and cleaning just becuase it will be time come the fall/winter. I also bought a set of new plastics to replace the few with minor cracks when/if I ever shop it.

Cab is nice with only minimal blems.

There is not a whole lot of recent data on sales of CFTBL and boston pin shows almost 5k for the 3 that sold on ebay so far this year.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Fair vaule with extra pf and parts included?
Fair value of just the game?
Fair value of just the IPD pf?

thanks in advance

#3 10 years ago

WOW, I figured if Boston pin avg is ~5k for just the machine then fair pinside price for game and extra pf would be at least that.

Is ebay/boston pin that out of line on this title currently?

I can put up some pics if folks need them to get a more accurate assessment, but basically it is on the higher end of quality but not restored (yet).

#7 10 years ago

These appear to be the most recent on ebay and my game is similar/better condition than these.

>> ebay.com link: Bally CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON pinball Restored NEW hologram Beautiful

>> ebay.com link: CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON PINBALL MACHINE BY BALLY VERY FUN FAMILY GAME

>> ebay.com link: CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON PINBALL MACHINE w WORKING HOLOGRAM 199 SHIPPING

and from what I can find, blown out but restorable pf sell for ~$350
nudey girl IPB versions sell for ~$1400
regular IPB versions sell for ???

#8 10 years ago

Seems like a hard title to price with currently few sales. Has anyone from pinside sold one recently? Please shoot me a PM if you have.

thanks

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Ugh, I just hate when someone selling a pin mentions eBay. Don't they know that those sellers are unscrupulous vultures looking to find a sucker/noob buyer to prey on? I mean, I just picked up a nice CFTBL for $1000 on Craigslist the other day. I only waited 2 years to find it. They're out there, just have to look.

Just quoting ebay sales as it is the only thing I can find. I am not selling now >> just trying to figure out a fair price if I do sell/ deciding what I should sell.

There appears to be one game in the pinside market place that sold for 'asking 4500'
Other than that all I see is a few ads in the forum with games that either sold for ~3500 and in worse condition than mine or did not sell/ were not updated as sold.

Also, nice score on the 1k creature >> There is NO WAY I would sell for that cheap (unless i had picked it up that cheap originally).

#15 10 years ago

Thanks for all the info guys.

I got a few pms concerning IPB pfs and it sounds like the going rate is ~1200 for a non-nudey CFTBL...

I also got a few PMs asking to buy the pf. I would only be willing to sell as a pair with the game at this time.

I am honestly not sure what I should sell/trade at this stage, but most of my other games are either keepers or fixer uppers at this stage.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

It does seem like regardless of opinion you have your pricing set already. Shoot'r up and ebay and let it go

Not at all. I value all the info that people have posted/ pm'd me.

It helps get a good understanding of what current value is on the game and pf.

I can surmise from all input that based on condition, 3500+ is fair for the game and ~1200 for the pf.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-cftbl-plus-nice-ipb-pf?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.