• Latest reply 11 years ago by pinster68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I found a Centaur 1 a few hours away from me, and wanted to get a price check... I had a Centaur a while back, so just checking to see what the current market is.

Backglass- perfect/near perfect

Cabinet- pretty good, but has a nick here and there, very slight touchups, looks good in pics.

Playfield- slightly discolored (as most that I've seen are), but has a lot of mylar throughout the game. Looks like the OP that originally bought it went crazy with Slingshot mylar and put two together to cover the center insert area, in front of the orbs drops, etc. Because of the mylar the playfield doesn't have much wear. But the mylar is noticeable.

Gameplay- Everything works, plays good.

Legs- not bad, but I'd replace them with new ones.

Looking for people that know what these are selling for NOW with Pinflation. Man I wish I would have just kept my old one that I sold about a year ago!!!

#2 11 years ago

Centaur has been unobtanium around NY Metro (and i think much of the Northeast) since CPR released the final pf run a few years ago.

Rough estimate/what I've seen since:

Restored (new pf): $3500+
Unrestored/clean routed: $2500-2800
Beat resto candidate: $1600-1800+ (if you can find one)

Again, just what I've seen. Maybe you luck out.

#3 11 years ago

Usually 2K and up for any worth having. They do not come up often.

#4 11 years ago

I just sold one a couple of weeks ago that was just about as nice as you'll find -- the only flaws were some nicks and such on the cabinet. Other than that it had a new playfield, new plastics and most of the parts on the top of the playfield were new. Flipper rebuilds, etc (of course), boards serviced, head disassembled and repainted inside and a lot of other money and time put into it. Too much to list, but the guy who did the restoration (not me) kept meticulous notes and receipts, and it was extensive. I put it up for $3500 on my local Craigslist and got no bites after a week, and in fact a couple people actually bothered to e-mail me saying "dream on," but it turned out a nearby friend was interested. Since I knew him and wanted to make for a quick/easy sale I ended up offering it to him for $2500 and he snatched it up. I do think I could've gotten the $3500 for it if I had bothered to put it on eBay, here, RGP etc and if I'd been willing to deal with shipping and spent some time to find a buyer, but I was happier seeing it go to someone I know for a little less.

That said, I think the other estimates here are a little high. I'd agree that a restored Centaur can get $3k-3500 but it'll take some work finding a buyer. For a trashed one I'd say somewhere in the $1k-1300 range and for a pretty nice original like the OP describes, maybe just under or around $2k.

#5 11 years ago

In the northeast - between Philly, NYC, and Boston crowds you'd have a line at your door for a $1,300 project Centaur. Unobtanium here.

My HUO Centaur the day it arrived in August:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-centaur-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.