Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

What is the fair market value of a Centaur that is in good, but not excellent, condition? Assume some wear on the PF and some scratches/scuffs on the cabinet?

#2 9 years ago

Location matters.
I'd go with $2200-$2600 for NorCal.
-mof

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Location matters.
I'd go with $2200-$2600 for NorCal.
-mof

Seems about right.

3 weeks later
#4 9 years ago

Guy in the flea market area of the 2012 York Show (PA) wanted $2,500 for a non-working Centaur I that needed the full run through. Playfield was decent at best. I want one but that was just nuts...just like PA usually is with pin prices.

#5 9 years ago

I did offer a guy here on the east coast, 2K for his, but he said 2.5, and I passed...
It was in good shape, cabinet was very nice.., everything worked....But I didn't think it was worth it. (at the time)..
But you guys on the west coast may seem to pay a little more for your games..

#6 9 years ago

If you don't mind the ugly cabinet , you can typically get a Centaur II for about half the price of Centaur .

#7 9 years ago

I'm guessing 2-3k. This one goes for a lot considering it's an early solid state. Anyone know why?

#8 9 years ago

dont whinge about 2k .. they run between 4k and 7k here

#9 9 years ago

One just got listed near me and it was at 1600 however it seems to be in need of a lot of loving. The playfield has a wear spot that could be seen from space.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

I'm guessing 2-3k. This one goes for a lot considering it's an early solid state. Anyone know why?

1. Stunning black and white (and red) artwork
2. Scary ass dude and hot chick on the backglass
3. Cool sounds with a very fitting background track
4. Great bass rumble
5. Great speech
6. Great lighting effects for it's time
7. 5-ball multiball
8. REVERB !!!

Ok, I gotta go play a game now.

#11 9 years ago

well 3 for average one working, a few have changed hands recently

#12 9 years ago

I was luck and scored 3 Centaurs in two years. I was the vendor that had the one at York 2012 show in the flea market. It did not boot up and it sold at the show for 2500. I also sold one in Allentown show the same year on the inside flea market working for 2500. Both unshopped. I held on to the third one. Both had some typical wear on the playfields.

#13 9 years ago

Looks like a nice on sale in the Manassass VA CL ads. Don't know the guy but worth a shot for someone really wanting one.

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#14 9 years ago

2 - 5K depending on condition/restoration.

#15 9 years ago

Checked out the one in manassas. Needs some work. Playfield looks good, as does back glass and cabinet. But drop targets are wrong, several switches not working. Nothing someone who knows what they are doing can't handle however. Basically needs a "shop job" and will be a nice machine. He wants 2650 firm. Says he has buyers lined up (don't they always say that?) but first one with the money can take it. Problem for me was lack of space in my basement....And my wife has a thing against hot, large breasted women associating with demons.

2 months later
#16 9 years ago

It is idiotic that Centaur II sells for 1/2 the price. It is the same game, just a slightly different cabinet. I proudly own a Centaur II.

#17 9 years ago

If someone wants to give me 3k for my Centaur in the condition Rob T describes I would be very willing. I might be willing to work a trade also. I figured it would be worth closer to 2.5k in this condition, but I am not looking to get rid of it as of yet.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

It is idiotic that Centaur II sells for 1/2 the price. It is the same game, just a slightly different cabinet. I proudly own a Centaur II.

I'd buy a complete Centaur II with a decent playfield for 2k even if it wasn't working as long as the boards weren't a acidic mess.

#19 9 years ago

It seems to be about $2500 as described... add on a new pf (installed) working shop job and decent cabinet....$3500-$4000... and then likely $5000-$6000.. for a fully restored game.. maybe slightly more for a HEP pristine...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Shut up man. This is the best kept secret in all of pinball. It's a better designed cabinet with the display and low profile back glass for reduced playfield glare. It plays the same and for less money.
Let em have the other style for whatever reason.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

It seems to be about $2500 as described... add on a new pf (installed) working shop job and decent cabinet....$3500-$4000... and then likely $5000-$6000.. for a fully restored game.. maybe slightly more for a HEP pristine...

I lusted after a Centaur ever since I first played one.

This pricing seems about right from the ones I've watched sell. Centaurs don't seem to linger in the marketplace for very long though...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

As a proud owner of an Eight Ball Deluxe LE and an original Centaur, I wholeheartedly agree. EBDLE fell into my lap, and Centaur was a lucky find; both were good deals.

The original cabinet design might be worth an extra hundred bucks to me, personally, but not more than that. Before I rearranged my games a bit, I would've rather had a Centaur 2 than the original, so I could put it next to EBD LE.

#23 9 years ago

Collin, you bring up the issue that I have. I do own a Centaur II and EBDLE. They sit right next to each other in one room and the different cabinets don't look odd at all.

I don't mind the different cabinet, the pins play great and I would agree that it is easier to look at the scores during game play.

I would have sold my my Centaur II a while ago if it were not for the EBDLE would be left without a buddy.

I don't want to hijack this thread but people are welcome to PM me if anyone wants to make me an offer/trade for the Centaur II.

I would happily let both the EBDLE and Centaur II go as a pair if someone would replace my EBDLE with a EBD and some cash.

#24 9 years ago

Centaur part man , part lion , part motorcycle , part pig? =100% badass . I sold mine (which was in the condition you described ) last year for $1,400 to a friend . I realize a friend price does not determine market value but you seem to have some friends on pinside that might hook you up with one at a decent price if they are ready to move on from Centaur or come across one they don't want .

#25 9 years ago

I gotta take the finished pictures of my Centaur II for my restore thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-playfield-clear-coat-mylar-removal-yes-or-no

#26 9 years ago

I'm selling mine for $2k guys if you're interested. Came to the realization that I like ramps. Took owning a rampless-one to come to that conclusion though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-centaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.