Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a BSD that I am going to sell. The game is really nice and has no insert or playfield wear like others I have seen. It is fully working and the cabinet is nice and red. Might be a little faded but not much. I will post some pics tonight, just wanted to find fair asking value for this game. game is located in SLC ut.

Thanks Shaun

#2 10 years ago

~2400 depending on how the reds look

#3 10 years ago

I agree. $2000-$2500. Planking on the playfield might lower this.

#4 10 years ago

Game is a hot one. $2000-$2800 depending on condition.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Not anymore, it's not... the last couple good players on Pinside went around $1700-1800 (One may've been 1600) and one of those actually had relatively little fade. This game isn't hot anymore.

A nice one without planking and with literally no fade is going to be more, obviously. A bit over two grand, but still well under three.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

...and location.

If you have to ship them in, like in California, then any local machine only has to compete with out-of-area prices + shipping, which is $300 to $500.

Robert

#7 10 years ago

I think BSD, in decent condition fetches in the $1800-$2K range. In excellent condition, with great LED lighting, will push that price in the low to mid $2's.

I tracked BSD for a good 6 months on the east coast... this seemed to be the range. Cab fade and some playfield issues has it hover close to (and a tad below) 2K. Awesome playfields... intact plastics... that gets you a bit more.

I think $2.5K is the absolute high end for a near perfect example. Great playfield and cab fade gets you in the low 2's. CQ machines hit about 3 give or take.

Just my 2 cents

#8 10 years ago

Buddy of mine sold a nice one for $2850.

#9 10 years ago

Shopped.........$2350 with no LEDs, $2500 with LEDs

#10 10 years ago

Just sold one... Great playing 100%, no wear, full mylar, LED's throughout, (but had touched-up reds). 1900$, great game.

There's still deals to be had, not everyone has to make 500$ on a pin when they finally sell.

#11 10 years ago

BSD deserves to be a 3.5k + pin, but for some reason (ugly translight?) it just isn't. I've had mine since new and it's a keeper!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

BSD deserves to be a 3.5k + pin, but for some reason (ugly translight?) it just isn't. I've had mine since new and it's a keeper!

I actually like the translight, spooky looking and goes with the machine perfectly.

#13 10 years ago

I'd like to find a bsd. Email me detail op and let's make a deal.

#14 10 years ago

I ended up buying the one that was at the YORK show from a really nice pinsider. It was mechanically working 100% but did have some playfield "touch ups" and was players condition (but truly I felt it was better then players condition as the touch ups didn't bother me and other then those there was not any bad playfield wear.....guess I define PLAYERS CONDITION more stringent then others....lol).

Bottomline there was cabinet fade as well but I was THRILLED to get it for $1,600.....some said I overpaid but to be honest I LOVE THE GAME and feel it was a great deal for me. It is a GREAT GAME and truly if you can find a "players condition one" for $1,600 I would do it in a NY MINUTE......I have games that are NIB and MINT older games (TOM, SS, FH) and truly the BSD PLAYERS CONDITION plays as good as they do and truly unless someone is a true "pinhead" my friends don't notice the difference between my really nice FH and my BSD.....not everyone is a collector....lol !!!

I would say a really nice one with no fade and no playfield wear and no touch ups would go for $2,500......it is a very highly sort after game.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

I dunno, it's a cool game but it's kind of a one trick title. Not sure a higher price is justified.

I'm surprised more mods to replace Ron Jeremy in the coffin aren't out there.

#16 10 years ago

Ez $2800 for a nice one with no fade and no playfield wear...
seen 2 go lately for $2500 / $2400 that were not that nice.(1) faded and other (1) couple minor issues
..but played well. maybe it is different in other states?
I think still best bang for the buck, even though I don't see that on here anymore for some reason??

You are selling...not buying...Go for the $2800 or more...you are going to be asked to come down some anyways.
why short yourself

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think BSD, in decent condition fetches in the $1800-$2K range. In excellent condition, with great LED lighting, will push that price in the low to mid $2's.
I tracked BSD for a good 6 months on the east coast... this seemed to be the range. Cab fade and some playfield issues has it hover close to (and a tad below) 2K. Awesome playfields... intact plastics... that gets you a bit more.
I think $2.5K is the absolute high end for a near perfect example. Great playfield and cab fade gets you in the low 2's. CQ machines hit about 3 give or take.
Just my 2 cents

I think your ceiling is a bit low. Someone sold an extra nice one for $4k at Allentown this year. I'm seeing nice sell for $2k-$3k, and player condition ones sell for high-teens. Show me a near perfect one for $2.5k and I will buy it in a heartbeat.

#18 10 years ago

I'm moving the thread from all pinball to buying advice sub forum (I think it is meant to be buying and selling advice sub forum).

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, it's a cool game but it's kind of a one trick title. Not sure a higher price is justified.
I'm surprised more mods to replace Ron Jeremy in the coffin aren't out there.

It is absolutely a one trick pony... And that trick is fantastic! That game is so dependent on setup. Make the trick easy, and it becomes boring quickly. But make it so you have to claw and scratch for it, the game just shines. It has to be setup nasty if you play it a lot.

To the OP, I don't even know the value anymore. I've had mine for a while and never even thought about selling it.

#20 10 years ago

I don't know; I had a friend pay $2,800 for one earlier this year. The playfield was in perfect shape but it had some cabinet fade. He was happy with it and didn't feel like he over paid even though it was probably a few hundred over what I told him I thought it should have been.

Like most things what really matters OP is how long you can wait to sell it. If you can wait six months and keep it listed you will get a higher price than if you have to sell it in six days. All it takes is one buyer, but sometimes you have to wait awhile for that buyer.

#21 10 years ago

I paid close to that amount for mine and it had LEDs, vivid reds on cab , 1 mark on playfield where the ball drops in (minor) and powder coated rails/legs that look like dried blood. All in all, it was the best one I had seen for sale and I grabbed it the second I could. Great game!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

I paid close to that amount for mine and it had LEDs, vivid reds on cab , 1 mark on playfield where the ball drops in (minor) and powder coated rails/legs that look like dried blood. All in all, it was the best one I had seen for sale and I grabbed it the second I could. Great game!

And was it worth it?

#23 10 years ago

Absolutely! It's a simple looking game with unexpected challenges and I can easily say that playing it with the lightning flippers made me a better overall player. I go from BSD back to TS and shots I didn't consistently hit start becoming easier. It's a great game.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

Absolutely! It's a simple looking game with unexpected challenges and I can easily say that playing it with the lightning flippers made me a better overall player. I go from BSD back to TS and shots I didn't consistently hit start becoming easier. It's a great game.

I agree... play BSD for 30 minutes and you feel like a champion on other machines. Get that machine set-up just a tad beyond the bubble line, waxed, and lightning flippers... wow... it will teach you a lesson or two.

I get super frustrated with BSD... some days I can hit the coffin ramp/lock easily but not the castle ramp... other days it's reversed.

But man - o - man... when it all comes together and you stack the multiballs for a 30 million pt jackpot... it feels so good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bsd-no-fade-and-no-playfield-wear-fully-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.