(Topic ID: 130697)

Price Check: Bride of Pinbot

By n1teowl

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirt_mcgirt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

$1700 was the magic number... delivered to boot. No playfield wear at all since it was covered with mylar. The mylar is a bubbling mess and will be removed as part of restore and potential 2.0 upgrade. The left flipper wasn't working, but was easy to see that the EOSS was missing a contact... replaced the old blade and she fires away.

The guy simply knew nothing about pinball machines, and quit playing it 2-3 years ago because "it's not very fun to play with only one flipper working..." The boards are in great shape... 0.125" layer of protective dust. Looks as though they've have never been hacked on except a cheap remote battery mod. Good thing though because the current owner didn't even know there was anything behind the backglass.

She'll take a week or so to clean up... but that's the fun part of all this, ain't it?

#13 8 years ago

peeling further and further into obscurity... oh well

Quoted from Cheddar:

Remove very carefully. BoP is notorious for botched mylar removal. Be prepeared to lose artwork over the inserts. From all I've read use canned air to get the mylar off and flour/alcohol to remove the glue.

Removed the mylar from my Xenon without as much a single paint speck casualty...

Step 1. Heat gun to the mylar allows it to tear completely free from the adhesive... leaving a sticky mess behind.
Step 2. A healthy dose of goo-gone automotive formula citrus remover. Let it sit for a good long while.
Step 3. Wipe/rub it off with a shop rag. Be sure to bring a can of elbow grease.
Step 4. Any adhesive that didn't come up with shop rag, I attacked with my dremel using a large buffer attachment essentially melted it off by way of friction

Appreciate the advisory though... always good to be reminded of the risks with any project.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Sidenote -- once you install the 2.0 kit you should really put out a launch party for NW pinsiders to come but some games on it

Great idea... if the 2.0 becomes a reality (see keyword "potential"). I played a 2.0 at the last NWPAS, and it was super cool, or as my 10 y/o put it, "this is boss!"... but man it's hard to say that it's $1800 worth of bossness. We'll see... in the mean time, I'll continue stockpiling my allowance money. Definitely on the wish list!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

$2K for a fully operational BOP... blah blah blah... and a little more blah blah blah... without fully knowing the condition.

Wake up, John! Dude, you fell asleep right after the opening bell No after hours trading on this one... market is closed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirt_mcgirt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bride-of-pinbot-2?tu=dirt_mcgirt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.