Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MustangPaul
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have the opportunity to pick up a Bride of Pinbot. Unfortuantely I have only seen a couple of blurry pics. He says that he's played it a lot so it has some wear. He says that the left flipper doesn't work, but other than that it works fine. If I were to check it out and it looked okay, what would be a decent price? I'm on the West Coast so I have to take that into account. He wants $2K. Thanks for the input.

#2 4 years ago

$2k should get you a decent bride that while dirty and having mylar should have minimal playfield wear. I would expect any 2k BoP to work completely. Based on your description I wouldn't go over a grand on it. Everyone has a camera phone now, there's no excuse for blurry pics. Sounds like he's hiding something.

When you do see it make sure to look under the spinner and under the pinbot playfield. Very common to have wear there.

#3 4 years ago

Yea I saw that ad worst pics ever!! 2k definitely to high. Offer much less. 1200 to 1500$??? I'm not sure the pics suck to bad to see condition!!

#4 4 years ago

At $2k it should be a little above average I'd say. And it should work 100%.

I sold mine a few years back for $1650, but the cab was/is shot on it.

#5 4 years ago

Yeah, i asked for more pics, bit have not heard back yet. Also worrying that he listed the condition as 'fair'. I guess i should go take a look at it if I want to know for sure. Thanks for the advice.

#6 4 years ago

If it has problems that he has not bothered to fix, more than likely that his "fair", "little wear", and "works good" is more like lot's o' PF wear and lot's of errors/items to fix.. certainly will need full shop job and much more love. But then again.. it's the NW and you probably won't see another bride up for some time so if that's your dream game I'd totally get it even if it needs some love. New PF's up now.. I guess you just missed the cut-off though, I think it was 12:00pm to order.

Probably worth 1600 or so around here to some people.. question is if he will drop the price that much. I bet someone else will pick it up at 2k though.

#7 4 years ago

$1700 was the magic number... delivered to boot. No playfield wear at all since it was covered with mylar. The mylar is a bubbling mess and will be removed as part of restore and potential 2.0 upgrade. The left flipper wasn't working, but was easy to see that the EOSS was missing a contact... replaced the old blade and she fires away.

The guy simply knew nothing about pinball machines, and quit playing it 2-3 years ago because "it's not very fun to play with only one flipper working..." The boards are in great shape... 0.125" layer of protective dust. Looks as though they've have never been hacked on except a cheap remote battery mod. Good thing though because the current owner didn't even know there was anything behind the backglass.

She'll take a week or so to clean up... but that's the fun part of all this, ain't it?

#8 4 years ago

Nice score!

#9 4 years ago

$2K for a fully operational BOP in good or better conditon would be on the high side.....but not outrageous. $2K for a "fair" condition BOP with wear and needing work is ludicrous.
Here is how I look at this machine & sale. The seller is pricing this machine as one in good or better condition. By doing so, they have an obligation to show potential buyers the price is commensurate with the condition. This is done by showing good photos, complete with detail.
At least thats how things are supposed to work! In the real world, things are less than perfect.

You'll be overpaying at $2K. How much is a guess without fully knowing the condition.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Dirt_McGirt:

The mylar is a bubbling mess and will be removed as part of restore and potential 2.0 upgrade.

Remove very carefully. BoP is notorious for botched mylar removal. Be prepeared to lose artwork over the inserts. From all I've read use canned air to get the mylar off and flour/alcohol to remove the glue.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Dirt_McGirt:

potential 2.0 upgrade.

Sweet! I'm glad you picked up BOP and are considering pulling the trigger on 2.0. Better jump on that list soon -- not sure if there are many spots left for the 2nd run. Love BOP and have been thinking about that 2.0 kit but haven't entirely been able to justify the cost in my head and don't have a BOP so I'm glad you saved me from this one.. if I bought it I would have been jumping down that rabbit hole Sidenote -- once you install the 2.0 kit you should really put out a launch party for NW pinsiders to come but some games on it

#12 4 years ago

Thought that it might end up as a 2.0. Glad to hear it went to a fellow Pinsider. Nice score.

#13 4 years ago

peeling further and further into obscurity... oh well

Quoted from Cheddar:

Remove very carefully. BoP is notorious for botched mylar removal. Be prepeared to lose artwork over the inserts. From all I've read use canned air to get the mylar off and flour/alcohol to remove the glue.

Removed the mylar from my Xenon without as much a single paint speck casualty...

Step 1. Heat gun to the mylar allows it to tear completely free from the adhesive... leaving a sticky mess behind.
Step 2. A healthy dose of goo-gone automotive formula citrus remover. Let it sit for a good long while.
Step 3. Wipe/rub it off with a shop rag. Be sure to bring a can of elbow grease.
Step 4. Any adhesive that didn't come up with shop rag, I attacked with my dremel using a large buffer attachment essentially melted it off by way of friction

Appreciate the advisory though... always good to be reminded of the risks with any project.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Sidenote -- once you install the 2.0 kit you should really put out a launch party for NW pinsiders to come but some games on it

Great idea... if the 2.0 becomes a reality (see keyword "potential"). I played a 2.0 at the last NWPAS, and it was super cool, or as my 10 y/o put it, "this is boss!"... but man it's hard to say that it's $1800 worth of bossness. We'll see... in the mean time, I'll continue stockpiling my allowance money. Definitely on the wish list!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

$2K for a fully operational BOP... blah blah blah... and a little more blah blah blah... without fully knowing the condition.

Wake up, John! Dude, you fell asleep right after the opening bell No after hours trading on this one... market is closed!

#15 4 years ago

So where was this game advertised at? Apparently I missed it.

#16 4 years ago

Craigslist. I asked for more pics and never heard back. It was gone in less than an hour.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Craigslist. I asked for more pics and never heard back. It was gone in less than an hour.

Seattle CL?

#18 4 years ago

Yes, Seattle Craigslist. If you blinked you would have missed it.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Yes, Seattle Craigslist. If you blinked you would have missed it.

Hahaha! I must have blinked... Or been too busy working!

#20 4 years ago

It was up for about 2-4 hours maybe Gotta jump quick!

#21 4 years ago

Careful with the goo gone. I have seen wasted pfs from this stuff. And one was a BoP. Its like it soaked behind the finish and bubbled everything above it off.

#22 4 years ago

People seem to think that since BOP 2.0 came out they can charge 500-1000 more for a regular BOP. I personally think that thinking is flawed. BOP 2.0 is like $1500 so that is what you pay on top of machine. I Don't think a whole lot of people want to over pay for a BOP just to sink another $1500 on it.

I think the value is right in the $1500-1800 range for a BOP in decent shape.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

People seem to think that since BOP 2.0 came out they can charge 500-1000 more for a regular BOP. I personally think that thinking is flawed. BOP 2.0 is like $1500 so that is what you pay on top of machine. I Don't think a whole lot of people want to over pay for a BOP just to sink another $1500 on it.

Well if you have an average cab and bb with no major damage just fade but a new pf ($800) that's been gone through, new ramps and helmet, a new backglass not a tl, new chrome legs, new speaker panel plastic and a Laseriffic topper. What would that sell for in your opinion?

#24 4 years ago

Overchaging by $1000 probably not.. $200 to $400? Maybe.. Demand just went up, supply is the same. The price will increase, question is how much? If I for sure had the money to invest and was a little more impressed with 2.0 I'd pay an extra 200 to 400 for a BOP no problem. I don't think it pushed a whole lot of people over to wanting to pick up BOP just for the 2.0 conversion but for sure it did for some.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well if you have an average cab and bb with no major damage just fade but a new pf ($800) that's been gone through, new ramps and helmet, a new backglass not a tl, new chrome legs, new speaker panel plastic and a Laseriffic topper. What would that sell for in your opinion?

Well it's tough because sometimes we put more money into them then we can easily get out of em. At least I know I have. Of course nice condition ones will go for more but how much more is always dependent on finding a buyer. Hard to put an accurate number to it. I always think of value in what I think I could sell it for within a months time. Of course finding the right buyer at a higher price point will generally take more time. I'd probably value one in the condition you described in the $2500-2700 range. Don't want to offend anyone just one dudes estimate of course.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Overchaging by $1000 probably not.. $200 to $400? Maybe.. Demand just went up, supply is the same. The price will increase, question is how much? If I for sure had the money to invest and was a little more impressed with 2.0 I'd pay an extra 200 to 400 for a BOP no problem. I don't think it pushed a whole lot of people over to wanting to pick up BOP just for the 2.0 conversion but for sure it did for some.

I see your point but playing devils advocate they did make a lot of them (over 8,000) and they are not necessarily hard to find. I do agree demand is up a bit but not sure it's by much due to the high cost of the 2.0 kit.

#26 4 years ago

People seem to think that since BOP 2.0 came out they can charge 500-1000 more for a regular BOP.

Unfortunately, they can. This beat up PoS sold in 4 hours. The demand is high. I know several people that want a bop just for 2.0

#27 4 years ago

Well it's tough because sometimes we put more money into them then we can easily get out of em. At least I know I have. Of course nice condition ones will go for more but how much more is always dependent on finding a buyer. Hard to put an accurate number to it. I always think of value in what I think I could sell it for within a months time. Of course finding the right buyer at a higher price point will generally take more time. I'd probably value one in the condition you described in the $2500-2700 range. Don't want to offend anyone just one dudes estimate of course.

Thanks

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Unfortunately, they can. This beat up PoS sold in 4 hours. The demand is high. I know several people that want a bop just for 2.0

Plenty of BOP sitting for months & months that are asking 500-1000 more in my area. Perhaps its just because of the different locations.

#29 4 years ago

Plenty of BOP sitting for months & months that are asking 500-1000 more in my area. Perhaps its just because of the different locations.

Wow really, none for sale in my area no matter what price....I think. I had to get mine from out of state and have it shipped.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside