Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Spraynard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I'm looking at a Bride of Pin Bot locally. Wondering if the price is good, bad, or reasonable.
I havent seen it yet, so I'm going by the seller's description before moving ahead with looking.

It's described as the playfield being a 8/10, shopped a year ago, everything passing diags. The pictures look OK.

Any thoughts on where this should be? The seller is asking $1200.

#2 7 years ago

I'd say 1.6K and up for a good one. 1.2K sounds great, grab it.

#3 7 years ago

As a guy who bought one this year...yeah if it's in good shape, grab it!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

The seller is asking $1200

I hunted for a BoP for a while before purchasing mine. That's a very good price, you should jump on it.

#5 7 years ago

Great price if it works and playfield is decent.

Grab it NOW. Like tonight.

#6 7 years ago

I'd buy one locally for that despite the wife's protest if I could find it for that.

#7 7 years ago

I paid 1800 for mine about 3 years ago, but it has a 9/10 cabinet and all new ramps and helmet. 1200 sounds pretty reasonable for sure, unless the seller is hiding something.

Michael

#8 7 years ago

Check ramps entrances they crack badly. 1200 is fair if machine is fair

#9 7 years ago

I paid $1200 for mine a few months back.....worth every dollar! BUY IT MAN.

#10 7 years ago

Buy it, if as or near described.

#11 7 years ago

In my area I've seen them range in price from $1200 - $1500.

#12 7 years ago

Seller says 1st one to offer $1100 takes it home. I would have jumped on it if I hadn't just committed to a TOTAN yesterday. Funny how these things work sometimes...

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

You really gotta start telling me when you see these things, man.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Scuba_Steve said:

LOL hey I’m trying to pick this game up too. I don’t need the competition.

#15 7 years ago

One of you guys should've already snatched it up. What's takin' so long?!?!

#16 7 years ago

I'm READY to get it..but the seller isn't easy to get a hold of. He gave me his number but every time I call it goes right to VM. He's gone from super responsive with e-mail to maybe once daily, and the machine, from what he's told me, isnt somewhere he has full access to.
I told him when I was open, and yesterday added "with cash in hand" and he shot me back a time window in the middle of the afternoon today, despite me telling him that I work days...

So either he's dragging it out because he doesn't want to sell it or he's just not motivated....

I'm stumped.

#17 7 years ago

I've been there with a seller before.

Honestly i'd keep at it and tell him you have taken the cash out of the bank and want to come see it. I guarantee there are at least 10 others emailing him right now about it.

I'd skip outta work if you can to get it.

#18 7 years ago

Is this the one in Ringwood NJ? Contact me if it is. I went to see it Sunday.

John

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm READY to get it..but the seller isn't easy to get a hold of. He gave me his number but every time I call it goes right to VM. He's gone from super responsive with e-mail to maybe once daily, and the machine, from what he's told me, isnt somewhere he has full access to.
I told him when I was open, and yesterday added "with cash in hand" and he shot me back a time window in the middle of the afternoon today, despite me telling him that I work days...
So either he's dragging it out because he doesn't want to sell it or he's just not motivated....
I'm stumped.

His CL ad from today says: "1st to hand me $1100 (and not a dollar less!) or more gets the machine.... Too many calls. If you can buy today message me saying 'serious buyer, no BS'" He posted his phone number in the ad. Send him a text saying serious buyer, no BS, $1100 in hand, tell me when and where to show up.

Good luck.

#20 7 years ago

I know where you can get one for $2,500. I think it has been for sale for awhile.

atlanta.craigslist.org link

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

He gave me his number but every time I call it goes right to VM. He's gone from super responsive with e-mail to maybe once daily, and the machine, from what he's told me, isnt somewhere he has full access to.

This reminds me of the first pin I bought (TSPP). It was located in a foreclosed TGI Friday's where the bank had the keys. The poor guy with machines in there had to prove to the bank he owned them (the machines and not the resturant). And he could only get into the resturant with a bank representative present.

When I showed up he wanted to sell me Sherk too. I didn't have room in my SUV for two pins and didn't really know what I was getting into. Given the opportunity again... I would have figured out how to get both.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I know where you can get one for $2,500. I think it has been for sale for awhile.

$2500 is too much IMO. It has cabinet damage too by the front left leg. I bet he will have it for a while.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

John

Oh come on! Fill us all in on it!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Stack15 said:

$2500 is too much IMO. It has cabinet damage too by the front left leg. I bet he will have it for a while.

Yeah, but the ad says "excellent shape"!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'd skip outta work if you can to get it.

NJGecko you dont look so good. I think you should go home sick.

#26 7 years ago

If I had a house I'd have bought this a week ago!

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

It costs extra because the 2nd picture is STTNG. I guess it changes?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Frax said:Scuba_Steve said:
LOL hey I’m trying to pick this game up too. I don’t need the competition.

Well, you can have it if one comes up locally and I'll keep looking for a Jack-Bot then.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

JohnDelNJ said:

John
Oh come on! Fill us all in on it!

OK look, I don't want to be a dick and tell people what they should and shouldn't try to get for thier machine. The guy admitted that he didn't know much about them, and he was a nice enough guy. That being said maybe I can save you guys some time and miles on the car..... Playfield was the kicker for me. Filthy with DEEP swirl marks that I don't think will come out. Inserts starting to lift. The ramp on the left side is broken where it meets the pf. Legs are rusted and the head is a bit beat up. On the good side, all the boards looked good and everything but 1 slingshot worked.

John

#30 7 years ago

I was fortunate enough to pick this game up tonight. I had been watching the ad since the weekend, and the price drop to 1100 + the fact it is practically on my way home from work was my sign to go for it. I sent the guy a text this afternoon and he responded and I picked it up soon after. The game is in OK shape. John is right on with his description though. The ball swirl marks are pretty deep so I don't know how much I will be able to get out. On the + side, I don't see any broken plastics, and the cabinet is in pretty decent shape. I was surprised to see that all the boards do match, and the seller told me that the displays were replaced about 3 years ago. I also don't see any burned GI connectors which was a pleasant surprise. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. It is running L4 Roms. I tried to look up what the differences are between L4, and the current L7, but I haven't been able to find and useful release notes.

Mike

#31 7 years ago

Congrats, hopefully it will clean up nicely for you! Someday I want to pick up one of these...my Pinbot is lonely by itself.

#32 7 years ago

Congrats on your new pin! I'm curious to see a pic of the playfield to see how bad it is.

So did NJGecko pass on it?

#33 7 years ago

Congrats! Bride is a great game, I love mine.

Try rubbing alcohol and a magic eraser to clean the swirl marks and make them much less visable. Just don't rub too hard and wipe each section as you go with a clean alcohol rag to remove the eraser residue

#34 7 years ago

Mine has swirl marks too, and magic eraser removed some of it, but I'm afraid some of it is here to stay. I had originally planned on doing a restore, but I decided to sell it instead. I'll let it be someone else's project.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

<P>Mine has swirl marks too, and magic eraser removed some of it, but I'm afraid some of it is here to stay. I had originally planned on doing a restore, but I decided to sell it instead. I'll let it be someone else's project. </P>

How much are you wanting for it?

#36 7 years ago

I didnt pass on it, but I guess I just either wasn't fast enough or didnt get lucky. The seller and I just couldnt communicate well and I couldn't the the sick day that I would have so dearly enjoyed!

Oh well...onto the next hunt!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

How much are you wanting for it?

PM me and we can talk. I have a sale pending on it right now, but its looking like it may fall through.

6 months later
#38 6 years ago

Hey guys I have a Bride of Pinbot machine and it will not go through the startup process. Everything was working fine not too long ago , and now when I turn it on nothing really happens. Any suggestion on what to do? I'm considering selling it if is not any easy pic. Any idea how much I can get for it?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Bostonjay:

Hey guys I have a Bride of Pinbot machine and it will not go through the startup process. Everything was working fine not too long ago , and now when I turn it on nothing really happens. Any suggestion on what to do? I'm considering selling it if is not any easy pic. Any idea how much I can get for it?

You should start a new thread in the tech advice sub forum, you'll get a lot of helpful replies there. As for selling a bop that won't boot...It depends on the condition of everything else.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
3,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kearsley , MI
$ 28.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside