Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Collin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

What is BSD worth if the mist multi ball isn't working perfectly? May be looking at one soon. Not sure about the condition otherwise, so a range would be nice.

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Is everything there? It's really not that difficult an assembly to troubleshoot once you look in the manual and understand what everything does, how it is supposed to work, etc.

If you are gonna pay someone to fix it for you, knock a couple hundred bucks off the price of a similar condition machine.

Value could be 1500 for a game that has some fade, broken plastics, flaws to up to 4k for a minty fresh HUO example. Project BSDs used to be 500-600 dollar games.

Good luck, have fun, and start a thread when you start troubleshooting the problem - plenty of us have been there before.

#3 11 years ago

Supposedly it works sometimes, and is just a bit flaky, so I would assume it's complete. If so, are you saying it's generally not a hard repair? Bear in mind, I'm a complete novice at this. I can work a multimeter and a solder gun, but have no real knowledge of DMDs yet.

Definitely not a HUO game, I should have more details tomorrow. I think he wants $1800, which I'm guessing is steep.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Value could be 1500 for a game that has some fade, broken plastics, flaws...

Many BSD playfields suffer from severe planking. Repro playfields are not available. I wouldn't pay $1500 for a game with bad planking. Working or otherwise.

Quoted from Collin:

Not sure about the condition otherwise...

Without any idea of condition, even a range isn't reasonable. Go look at it. If you don't pull the trigger, take some pics to post here, then ask for a range.

#5 11 years ago

If the sling plastics are broke, keep in mind they are not available.

#6 11 years ago

If the mist multiball is flaky chances are the 24" opto board is cactus - it is a REALLY common problem.

100% cure here:

http://www.homepin.com/bsd.html

#7 11 years ago

I wouldn't be as concerned about Mist not working as i would be playfield condition. Insert edging on the drac inserts is common as it is on Drac's face to the left of the right mist gate.

All that being said pricing on this title seems to have gone up with its recent popularity but without knowing overall condition of the pin guessing on a price is just that.

#8 11 years ago

I've been looking for a bsd for a while. Some will say I'm biased because I'm looking, whatever. IMO, the range of these machines should be 1600-1800, so if it needs repair deduct. Recent ebay sales average just under 1800 before fees. Ytd, I see 8 sales with a high of 2700 and a low of 1400. The one at 2700 was the only one to sell above $2k, most are around 1650-1700. Drop the high and the low and you get around 1750, again, before 10-15% fees. I know eBay isn't the best, but there isn't too much else. Ones that are listed well above 2k, didn't sell.

#9 11 years ago

1.8-2.0k. High 2k's for a really nice one

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for the info, all!

Total noob question: What is planking?

#11 11 years ago

cracks in the pf wood and artwork

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

cracks in the pf wood and artwork

As in separation due to either moisture or some sort of impact?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 84.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bram-stokers-dracula-needing-mist-multiple-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.