Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by pacman11
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8522 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200116_1333305521 (resized).jpg
    348ab4e4c28ef2f6fc735b609cd0359c84b9c841 (resized).jpg
    2C37EA2A-F5C8-42E8-8695-5CA552CE1B4A (resized).png
    IMG_2627 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2622 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2614 (resized).JPG
    DSC02177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0626 - Copy (resized).JPG
    IMG_2082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2123 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1977 (resized).JPG
    spp (resized).jpg
    stsp (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

Corey, shuffle alleys generally don't bring much money. especially pre-1955 models that score 20/30 and don't score regulation (and use smaller pins, which are impossible to get). Electronic shuffle alleys i personally like the least. they really suck due to their lack of "personality", i guess i would say. The 1960s shuffles are my favorites, with different game selections. but again you're lucky to get $500 for a working one (and often they require a lot of work to get working right.)

Since you're in michigan, as am i, this has been my experience (because no one ships these things, it costs more to ship then they are worth!)

As my good friend doc doom used to say, "shuffle alleys are for pussies." Obviously he liked ball bowlers. But he was right, the amount of work required to restore a shuffle alley is about the same as a ball bowler. Yet ball bowlers are worth 5 to 10 times more!

1 week later
    #22 7 years ago

I too like the 1962 to 1965 CCM switch lane bowlers. they offer a lot of features and easy of maintenance, especially compared to United. But my favorite bowlers are the 1960s Bally reciprocating contact ball bowlers. They made them from about 1963 to 1969, almost every year. They are a bit hard to find, but easier to find that say a Bowlarama.

You can get TOP this old pinball #8 where we go through repair and show most of the 1950s and 1960s bowler types, including Bowlarama. http://www.pinrepair.com/top/top8.htm

Frankly i think the hype around Bowlarama/MBA is over shoot. Again i prefer the Bally reciprocating bowlers, for a variety of reasons. The MBA/Bowlarama is neat, but they are freakly HUGE and parts are impossibly expensive. The Bally reciprocating bowlers are easier to deal with and have in a "normal" basement. And i think they provide the same experience (and are less expensive). Also the pins don't break in half when your drunk friends throw the ball too hard.

Here's a video about the Bally bowlers:

2 years later
    #59 5 years ago

The Beatles has landed at the VFW.
    So has Bell Games "Fantasy".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bowlers?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.