(Topic ID: 101552)

Price Check Beautiful Rollergames and Opinions??

By nocreditdot

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I found an craigslist ad with a HUO LOTR yesterday. So I went to check it out. It was a 2003 with 215 total plays on the original software. Needless to say that I loaded that up quick. The homeowner bought the house 7 years ago and the pins were made part of the sale. The current owners dont play and they have been sitting in a nice basement for years. I couldnt be happier to get the LOTR. It still smells new.

Now the Rollergames is the nicest example i have ever seen. It is near perfect. The cabinet has very slight fade on one side and Im being picky. The targets on the left side still have perfect foam on them. The playfields is a slight cleaning away from being perfect. What would be a fair price for this title in this condition? I havent played that one much. Is it a good game to own? I own HS, BOP and WW. So this generation appeals to me. If I had room in the truck I would have loaded both.

They also have a near perfect SWEP1. Im gonna pass on that one.

M

#2 9 years ago

No wear near the magnet? How does the Wall ramp look? Those are almost always damaged.

#3 9 years ago

Little to no wear. The ramp looks new but dusty. I have pics on my phone I can upload after work.

#4 9 years ago

Are they asking a price or are you just supposed to make an offer?

#5 9 years ago

If you like Steve Ritchie games from that era, and don't mind the theme, it's a great game. May be somewhat similar to HS in that it is a three flipper game but I think it's different enough to be in the same collection. Did you happen to notice if it had a diamond coated playfield? If it does and is as nice as you say I would value it at around $1400. Wether or not that's what you offer is up to you, that's the max price I would say.

#6 9 years ago

It does have the diamond coated playfield. She was asking my opinion on price. It is really dam nice It looks like the original rubber is still on it. Inside is perfectly clean original with a parts/goodie bag. Did they put them in games in the early 90s? I wasnt really looking to get multiples games this week. But this one has me thinking on it.

#7 9 years ago

I've never played it, but I think Rollergames looks awesome. I have no idea where I'd put it, but I'd pick one up in a second and enjoy it in all it's cheesy glory.

#8 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-dhsample-dm-tommycq-ft-taxi-rollergames-dp-ww-vids

Here is one for sale a while ago.. don't know if it sold.

Frax had one for sale while back. Might check with him.

#9 9 years ago

I'd place the value of that game in the $1500-1800 range.

#10 9 years ago

I'd probably offer $1500 and would be extremely happy getting it at that amount because I love Rollergames. I think realistically the highest it'd sell for would be maybe $1600 although there might be people who would pay more.

#11 9 years ago

Great fun if you like Richie games and 80s cheese. I really can't believe how low it's rated and it must be dislike of the theme. I personally love the game and "stole" a DP one for $700 a couple years ago. I would say it probably goes for at least double that now.

#12 9 years ago

The market is really soft right now with pins sitting for a long time. I think 1500 is too high of a starting point of the negotiation. What if you don't like it? It would take a long time to sell it if you paid $1500+

#13 9 years ago

I would say JohnWart is spot on.

Routed beaters sell for 1200+ What you are describing is easily 1600+

It is also a really cool sys11. I found one for a decent price, fixed it up and was gonna trade till I realized how much fun it is.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say JohnWart is spot on.
Routed beaters sell for 1200+ What you are describing is easily 1600+
It is also a really cool sys11. I found one for a decent price, fixed it up and was gonna trade till I realized how much fun it is.

Fully agree. I bought one too last year, rebuilt it to sell and still have it (not for sale)- I would have loved to have the diamond plate, that in itself makes it an easy 1500 up .

#15 9 years ago

I offered and got it for a 1K. I figure if I dont like it I can sell it at York. Thanks guys...

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I offered and got it for a 1K. I figure if I dont like it I can sell it at York. Thanks guys...

Nice score. The music on Rollergames is grating at length, but I always enjoyed the game.

#17 9 years ago

It's a $1600 game all day. Maybe $2k on a good day. I'm $2200 in on mine and love it

#18 9 years ago

At 1k$ you got a smokin deal, I for one am jealous!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nice score. The music on Rollergames is grating at length, but I always enjoyed the game.

Are you joking??? One of the only pins with its own music.

Multiball jackpot music is great to! My wife claims it says "Get fucked" for the jackpot music which cracks me up and is now the only thing I can hear in my head after getting a jackpot!

#20 9 years ago

Great score! any time you can get a nice pin for $1k that's a good day in my book

#21 9 years ago

Wish I could find one for that price. The gameplay is fun and I actually like the music. Enjoy it.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you joking??? One of the only pins with its own music.
Multiball jackpot music is great to! My wife claims it says "Get fucked" for the jackpot music which cracks me up and is now the only thing I can hear in my head after getting a jackpot!

A) Plenty of pins had their own music. Maybe not with lyrics, but I hate pinball music with lyrics anyway.
2) The music part is fine, it's the singing. The repetitious "Rock, Rock, Rock, Rock and Roller Games".

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I offered and got it for a 1K

See. Aren't you glad you listened to me and not these guys throwing around crazy numbers?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Routed beaters sell for 1200+

Nonsense. Show me a routed beater that has sold for that much lately. Nothing on crazy ebay is above that. And the few FS thread on there were around that amount and that was 1-2 years ago that the height of the boom.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A) Plenty of pins had their own music. Maybe not with lyrics, but I hate pinball music with lyrics anyway.
2) The music part is fine, it's the singing. The repetitious "Rock, Rock, Rock, Rock and Roller Games".

i love the cheese!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Nonsense. Show me a routed beater that has sold for that much lately. Nothing on crazy ebay is above that. And the few FS thread on there were around that amount and that was 1-2 years ago that the height of the boom.

um... Ebay avg of last 12 months is 1492 for rollergames...
This includes the last 2 which sold at 1k and had battery damaged board for 1 and missing trans for the other. Both also required local sale/pickup and were poorly described.pictures. If anything these 2 pulled down your ebay avg which is already more than you claim???

If ebay is 1500, that means real world is 10 to 20% less. That puts it right at the 1200 to 1350 mark I quoted. my price quotes are usually pretty spot on with reality.

Most recent pinside sales have all been 1200+ and not many sales out there. RG is not a real common game with under 5k made almost 25 years ago.

If you are paying attention to prices then you should know that unfortunately some of these great sys11 and games that have traditionally been less popular have gone up and not down in the past 12 months. Many players (like me) that reside in the 2k and less wheelhouse so these cheaper games have gone up as many of us are not in the NIB market but want new fun titles to try out.

#26 9 years ago

I kinda hit the pinball jackpot with these people. The lotr had 215 plays from 2003 still v4 software.. Its really sweet. That was a no brainer. So for 6K. I have a cherry lotr and a really nice rollergames. I somehow doubt the wife will see it in this light. I already have space issues. I know you guys know how it is. But im a happy guy. Thats a good deal even though i spent most of the day in my car.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I kinda hit the pinball jackpot with these people. The lotr had 215 plays from 2003 still v4 software.. Its really sweet. That was a no brainer. So for 6K. I have a cherry lotr and a really nice Rollergames. I somehow doubt the wife will see it in this light. I already have space issues. I know you guys know how it is. But im a happy guy. Thats a good deal even though i spent most of the day in my car.

congrats on the pickup!

#28 9 years ago

Congrats on the 2 awesome buys. That RG is probably one of the best buys I have heard about for quite awhile on here

#29 9 years ago

I agree. People will price check it that high but when one actually shows up for sale at said high price it never sells. $1000 - $1200 for a routed game and $1500 for a perfect game would be my limits for Rollergames, and I imagine most other people would pay that much or lower.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

You stole it for that price imo. A top 5 game in my collection.

#31 9 years ago

I paid 1100 for a routed players game. Of course it ended up being in much worse condition than described - but still that was a reasonable price in my area last year.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most recent pinside sales have all been 1200+ and not many sales out there.

ALL have been 1200? Once again, this is nonsense. I see one for 800 2 years ago and a one starting at 1200 and another at 1275. Those are OBO prices. Plus these prices are 1-2 years ago at the height of the pinball boom. Prices have stabalized or come down since then.

#33 9 years ago

I don't really care since mine is not for sale and i already own the 2 best ritchie games. If you want one, then good luck in your search for a playable one for under 1200. It is a great game and i hope you find one. Unfortunately while the top end has decreased these great older games seem to have gone up in price.

#34 9 years ago

I am not looking for one. I am just pointing out that you are throwing around words like "all" when that clearly is not the case.

#35 9 years ago

In Madison, recent is not 2 years . I know SD travels at a much slower pace, but even you know that pinball prices fluctuate and only the past 6 to 12 months could even reasonably be called 'recent'...

If you want another data point, I bought mine last March and am in to it at 1400 plus.

#36 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-dhsample-dm-tommycq-ft-taxi-rollergames-dp-ww-vids
Here is one for sale a while ago.. don't know if it sold.
Frax had one for sale while back. Might check with him.

YEAH UH I WANT IT BACK... =|

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's a $1600 game all day. Maybe $2k on a good day. I'm $2200 in on mine and love it

He's got mine unless he traded up and found a full prototype...

#38 9 years ago

Game is alot of fun and hard to get an equally fun reliable game for the same amount of money if you sold it for $1,200 Mine isn't collector condition but is nice with LED's, new MPU, new power supply, pinscore display, new interconnect board, and some other upgrades as well...$1200 wouldn't take it...not that it is for sale.

I'd say if you saw one for under $1400 in good playing condition you should pick one up, very fun. I have never seen a sale price for a diamond plate one but those are very nice as well. I could see one of those going for $1,800 - $2,000 because you almost never see them on the market.

Only thing keeping the price down on this one is there were 5,000 of them made and I doubt they were played all that much on route back in the day as DMD''s were right around the corner. Not a rare game by any means.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-beautiful-rollergames-and-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.