Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm currently in the market for a Batman Forever and looking to find out what they are currently going for. I might be able to pick up one in very good condition with a full set of LEDs. Looking back at prices, I see that they seem to have come up a bit in price lately. Is the fear of the DMD going bad overblown? Thanks for your input.

#2 5 years ago

I paid $2200-2300 for mine (I forget) w/led's . I see them listed higher $2700-3200 but they don't seem to sell at that price.
The DMD is like any other, if it's still good, it should last you awhile. They don't blow overnight. Expensive to replace & hard to find? Yes, I'm always on the lookout for a backup just in case. They don't come up often (unless someone is parting out a Baywatch).

#3 5 years ago

Agree with Butch.

#4 5 years ago

I think that Butch's prices are right on. A couple things...

Look for ramps to be in good condition. Mine are blown out and have been since I bought it, and I've been actively searching for new ones with no dice. I have half jokingly thought about buying another one to strip the ramps and put them on my game and then sell it (mine is really nice).

I believe there is a LCD color-DMD-like replacement now for the DMDs, and there was someone working on an LED one. I am not overly concerned (and I own a Baywatch too).

The don't come up altogether that often, so if the price is at like $2500, and you LOVE the machine, and it's in good shape, I wouldn't let the $200 deter you. I always tell people to factor that into their prices - I always had a list of about 40 machines I wanted at any given point in time, so if I saw a machine I wanted but the price was too high, it was easy to skip it knowing something else would appear. If you are POSITIVE that BF is the machine, you might not want to wait three or more years for one to pop up for the right price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 224.99
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Lutz, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside