• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GEDC0963.JPG
GEDC0959.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Looking at one soon in relatively good condition (from the pics)...

Anyone buy/sell one lately? Curious as to what I should offer.

Also, I have never played it...how does it play?

#2 10 years ago

$800-$1000? There was a nice, unshopped example that lingered on the Birmingham Craigslist for a long time at $1000. No idea what kind of players they are though.

#3 10 years ago

No idea on price, cant say I have seen many for sale. I picked mine up a year ago for a killer price so I wouldnt think its relative. I would think anything under $1400 would be a deal if its nice.

As far as game play, I love it, and everyone that comes over that has played it thinks its fun

#4 10 years ago

I sold a very nice one recently for $1500. Gameplay was OK,but the software was never completed. Could have been a lot better.

#5 10 years ago

Agree anything under $1500 is a good price. I've played it a few times and I think it's one of the better System 3's with great modes and some tough shots. If you like Gottliebs I think you'd really be happy with it.

#6 10 years ago

There are 16 sales records of Barb Wire on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $1746.00 for this game, but this number is spiked by an insane ebay sale in 2011. All other sales would indicate a number much closer to $1100

Remember a game is only worth what somebody will pay you for it, You be the judge:

http://www.pinballprice.com/

#7 10 years ago

Decent gameplay and System 3 reliability are +++. Value suffers from the theme. Nice examples can be had for $1200.00 or so.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for the input, unfortunately the guy sold it before I could get there today! Said it went for under $1,000...wish I found it sooner!

I love the theme and the backglass, really didn't care how it played but was curious. I am a system 3 fan and this would have looked nice between my Stern Playboy and Hardbody!

#9 10 years ago

$1200 is spot on.

#10 10 years ago

Those tits & everything else to go with it should be worth a mother load! Especially because of the limited quantity. Man I miss Pam

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Those tits & everything else to go with it should be worth a mother load! Especially because of the limited quantity. Man I miss Pam

Don't worry brotha-I will take care of her(;

Barb Wire is a very under-rated game. It has a great layout and is really fun to play. If you can find a decent condition one for under $2000-I would jump on it. It is also the last Gottlieb ever made before they closed their doors. I like to think of it as the CC of Gottliebs. Hard to find, and hard to find in collector quality condition.

GEDC0959.JPGGEDC0959.JPG GEDC0963.JPGGEDC0963.JPG
#12 10 years ago

HAHAHA, the CC of Gottliebs. That is pretty funny.

#13 10 years ago

The one from the NPM auction netted $1,420 which included the 20% buyer's premium but not sales tax/shipping:

https://morphyauctions.hibid.com/lot/14269235/gottlieb-barb-wire-pinball-machine-1996--?tab=0&display=50&cpage=2

viperrwk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-barb-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.