20140624_180155.jpg
105_6835.JPG
banzai 1.jpg
20140824_185038.jpg
20140823_192624.jpg
20140824_171510.jpg
20140823_165537.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Ever since I played that game over at Kickback Cafe, I can't seem to take my mind off of it! Banzai is just one of those games; it's a shame that there aren't many of them out there. (If Planetary Pinball would do a remake, oh, man...)

So how much are these going for right now? I see one going for about $5,500 right now.

#2 9 years ago

Well, about 2-3 years ago, In the Boston area, I saw one on craigslist for $1800, and another for $2700
I bought one from a flipper that was just off route for $2000 and knew of another from a local player/seller for $2200 I believe, that later changed his mind. This was all before Banzai was really on anyone's radar.

For some reason, I sold my Banzai Run for I believe $2100 to Barry in NJ, who then listed it and sold it for over $3,000, and I pretty much had a ''wtf did I just do'' moment after I did that.

Ever since that time, Banzai Run has shot through the roof and I do not see them for sale. I knew I had to have this game again, and found my current for $3400 that was brought to Allentown, pinfest, from the Allentown fs thread. There was also another listed in that thread by Paul Drabik for $3800, and that sold quick I believe.

So, they have become pricey and pop up from time to time in the 3's and 4's, but patience is the key.

and you're right, it is just one of those games. The theme, art, the dual spinners, captive ball, are all things I love, then throw in a vertical upper playfield that is fun to boot, it's just a great game. One of my all time favorites. Top 5 for me, and absolute ''king'' of the system 11's imho.

#3 9 years ago

Hmmm....all very interesting. Stay tuned for further development's.......

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#4 9 years ago

There was one on Mr. Pinball a few days ago in MI - John - did you snag that one?

#5 9 years ago

I bought it three days before that ad came out. You know what they say about the early worm.....

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#6 9 years ago

Nice score - I thought about going after that one - glad you got it so I don't have to.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

What exactly are you saying? Is there something cheesy going on right now (that I should know about but really can't tell me what's going on)?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

yes, what does this mean? Is Lawlor making Banzai Run 2?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

yes, what does this mean?

John most likely to sell it, perhaps.

#11 9 years ago

Banzai is fun. It's definitely a niche game. I brought mine to the Texas show. It was one of two at the show and it was in constant play. I'm not sure why its gotten so high.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Banzai is fun. It's definitely a niche game. I brought mine to the Texas show. It was one of two at the show and it was in constant play. I'm not sure why its gotten so high.

Just wondering if they did the playfields for this game?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

It's just so damn fun and epic, the whole package is so different. The music is sweet too. Maybe I'm biased....but Lawlors rookie card is special to me.
Mine was the only one at Allentown and had lines to play it/groups of people. Felt good, many people thanked me after on here even.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Not yet - still in the queue at CPR

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from chad:

John most likely to sell it, perhaps.

Yes, this usually means John is working on getting the game ready to sell

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Not yet

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I can't wait !

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

There was one on Mr. Pinball a few days ago in MI

It was on the MI CL before that ad broke for $2800. That guy bought it for $80 (yes, $80) from a Salvation Army in Northern Mi., which was also on CL. I was the second caller on it, went there anyway and seen him loading it in the pouring rain into his open pickup. Same one with the missing backglass. We were talking about it in the Club Michigan thread. He was the *earliest bird*.

He said he just wanted it for parts, when I told him to where to find parts and it's worth more than just stripping it, he said his kids will love it. Yeah right, he posted it on CL just a few days later, just another flipper.

#19 9 years ago

I played one and now on the hunt for one as well

#20 9 years ago

I've wanted one for a long time. Got a super nice ngg I would trade for one if anyone has a wild hair.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

It was on the MI CL before that ad broke for $2800. That guy bought it for $80 (yes, $80) from a Salvation Army in Northern Mi., which was also on CL. I was the second caller on it, went there anyway and seen him loading it in the pouring rain into his open pickup. Same one with the missing backglass. We were talking about it in the Club Michigan thread. He was the *earliest bird*.
He said he just wanted it for parts, when I told him to where to find parts and it's worth more than just stripping it, he said his kids will love it. Yeah right, he posted it on CL just a few days later, just another flipper.

That sucks - I have a bg and plastics and no machine to put them in

#22 9 years ago

2.5k for a nice one. The price hasn't moved in a long time. Not sure if thats good or bad.

#23 9 years ago

I have heard of one that sold in the DC market for over $5k and the seller said he had several comparable offers lined up. Seems like condition and market could make this a $2.5- to over 5k machine these days. Has anyone else heard of them selling for more than $5k?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just a note, they are doing the main PF only, not both. (unless they changed their mind)

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Has anyone else heard of them selling for more than $5k?

I've been offered WAY, WAY more than that for mine. But I didn't sell it; so I guess, no.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I've been offered WAY, WAY more than that for mine. But I didn't sell it; so I guess, no.

I have heard that there are some pretty big offers for them as well as trades.

#27 9 years ago

Its worth what someone is willing to pay. I am curious to see what people have actually paid for this game recently. Its nice to speculate on what one is worth, but until someone actually pays

then we will not really know. It all depends on condition and other factors as well.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Except yours looks like it was just pulled out of the box and has the early production coated playfield(s?), and whatever else I'm forgetting. So yours is an exception, these beat up ones commanding high dollar is where I think some people are getting ripped, but if they want to pay it.....I guess it's their money.

#29 9 years ago

Has anyone else heard of them selling for more than $5k?

Was offered more than that for mine as well. But it too has a pair of fully restored clearcoated pf's.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I still can't believe Salvation Army sold one for $80. Lol

#31 9 years ago

Back in the day 1995 I turned down one that was for sale for $695.00 because it had a little playfield wear in one spot.

Should of, could of, would of, oh well

Rob

#32 9 years ago

turned down a true huo years ago for 1500. still wouldn't take it.

3 months later
#33 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yes, this usually means John is working on getting the game ready to sell

That is correct. The game is all shopped out and working 100%. It already has a sale pending on it for this weekend but if it fall's through I'll list the game up for everyone to have a chance on it.
Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#34 9 years ago

<< Great seller alert >>

Hey John-

It's always a pleasure doing business with you and the conversation was great, wish we could of stayed longer to play your amazing collection. We tired Dark Horse Brewery, like you suggested. What great brews and pizza they have and the people there were extremely friendly. We also tried the ice cream place across the RR tracks. It was a fun mini vacation.

The game made it home safe and it is playing amazingly well, just like the Taxi I got from you three years ago. Thank goodness we didn't rip your hand open again this time moving it!

Thanks again! Mike

20140823_165537.jpg20140823_165537.jpg 20140824_171510.jpg20140824_171510.jpg 20140823_192624.jpg20140823_192624.jpg 20140824_185038.jpg20140824_185038.jpg
#35 9 years ago

I have heard of one that sold in the DC market for over $5k and the seller said he had several comparable offers lined up. Seems like condition and market could make this a $2.5- to over 5k machine these days. Has anyone else heard of them selling for more than $5k?

I have one of only 2 banzai that Chris at HEP did. XR7 pf in this puppy as well. I would need WAY more than 5k to part with it.

#36 9 years ago

I have mine (chromed to the hilt, LEDs, green display) coming this week. $5k? Not in the ballpark. I wish!

#37 9 years ago

One game safe from ever being remade for sure. Great game to.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from mikedetroit:

The game made it home safe and it is playing amazingly well, just like the Taxi I got from you three years ago. Thank goodness we didn't rip your hand open again this time moving it!
Thanks again! Mike

Question why did you put it in the back of your car on its side?
Was it too tall to go in flat on the bottom?
I only ask cause I have to move one

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from hankstevensons:

Question why did you put it in the back of your car on its side?
Was it too tall to go in flat on the bottom?
I only ask cause I have to move one

Yes the game was to tall when folded to fit in the back of Mikes Escape which had an opening of 32.5" and the BR when folded is 34.5" , but laying on its side is only something like 24". We did what we had to do. Mike is a great guy and true to his word and a pleasure to do business with. I'm really glad he got it and that he's enjoying it just as much as I did. Thanks again Mike !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#40 9 years ago

I can personally vouch for the height lol
Just got one today and my Honda CRV opening was just a hair too small to fit the folded Banzai Run in
On its side worked perfectly though

#41 9 years ago

From a valuation standpoint this game is hard to judge. No repo playfields. Their condition varies so much from machine to machine...

I'd love to see a clear coated playfield one that has been restored. Would fetch a pretty penny too.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

F
I'd love to see a clear coated playfield one that has been restored. Would fetch a pretty penny too.

Just about finished with mine tonight. Going to Greg Davis when it's done.

Clearcoated restored playfields
Clearcoated restored cabinets
New plastics
New Ramps
Full LED
Chrome Armor (rails, legs, coin door, lockbar, shooter housing, upper pf brackets, glass divider)
Chrome T-molding.

Will post some pics when it's done. Just need to put the coin door back together.

#43 9 years ago

Yea, post some pics of that. Sounds amazing kbliznick.

#44 9 years ago

I picked up my Banzai as a project for 2k. It is now restored and in my game room. One of my favorites to play.105_6835.JPG105_6835.JPG20140624_180155.jpg20140624_180155.jpgbanzai 1.jpgbanzai 1.jpg

#46 9 years ago

I traded mine for a Star Trek Pro in the box last year. I am happy with that trade still. I think he was happy to find a Banzai Run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,490.00
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-banzai-run-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.