4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wiredoug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

test 3 (resized).jpg
    test 2 (resized).jpg
    test 1 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Looking a Bally test fixture. Homemade in a pinball lower cabinet with legs and casters. Looks very well made with everything labeled. Comes with a complete set of boards and displays.

test 1 (resized).jpgtest 1 (resized).jpgtest 2 (resized).jpgtest 2 (resized).jpgtest 3 (resized).jpgtest 3 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

$250-$400, maybe? The size is going to be an issue.

#3 4 years ago

The boards, transformers and displays are over $250 alone.

#4 4 years ago

Sometimes the individual parts are worth more than the whole thing.

If you can modify it so that it is a stand-alone fixture, rather than part of a body cabinet, it would probably be more desirable. It's just going to take up too much space as it sits (I'm guessing that's part of the reason you might be selling it?). Most test fixtures are countertop units, and they can be stored away when not in use.

Otherwise, it looks like a nice fixture.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

The boards, transformers and displays are over $250 alone.

The issue is no one cares what something cost to build or the time it takes. They just look at the value of that item to them. Being very honest,, looking at it, my question would be why waste the space on something as big as a machine when I could just put the boards into a machine to test them?

I had a nice set of the "original" Bally testers and sold them because of the wasted space. Pinitech makes little portable testers that help locate most issues and they will fit in a box the size of a shoe box. Why have something this big in limited space.

As far as DIY tool that helps you - great - but as far as building it to sell I doubt there would be interest at any price just because space is a huge issue for most people in the hobby.

#6 4 years ago

It's part of an estate sale purchase which includes a project game and a bunch of parts from a guy who was in coin-op repair for 60 years. Pinball parts are just common repair stuff. A buddy wants it and the size isn't a concern since he has lots of room for it. I just want to value it fairly. Also the seller has lots of jukebox parts, several non working video games, 4 Magna Touch units, a late 50's Keeny's Big Top slot and assorted video game parts I'm passing on if anyone has a interest.

#7 4 years ago

Since you are thinking about selling it to a friend I would just pass it along for the value of the boards & displays. I think that would be "a fair value" on it. In a way the rest is really just time & scrap wood!

It would be a shame to just scrap it but I doubt many people would be interested in it for much more than the value of the boards.

#8 4 years ago

its worth bulk ( not seperate) parts value. price it based on a low end project game with no backglass and the playfield shot to bits.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bally-test-fixture?hl=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.