• Latest reply 6 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

strikes and spares redhead welcome (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Price check on Bally Strikes and Spares.

Very nicely restored and automotive clear coated play field. Repro Back Glass. Nice original plastics. Every thing works. No Leds. Original circuit boards. Cabinet is solid and in nice structural condition. Cab paint and stencils are acceptable--could be redone but acceptable.

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Nobody with a price idea? I thought S & S had some respect.

#3 6 years ago

Pictures would help. Was the playfield redone before clear coat? While not a Flash Gordon, Strikes and Spares is heading for the more desirable list for the early Bally's. I would expect a very nice example to be heading to around $1800 -$1900...maybe more with a CPR playfield....But I'm probably biased since I own one.

#4 6 years ago

Personally, I don't find bowling themes very appealing, even though I do like bowling.

That said, I wouldn't go over $1200 for one in really nice condition. It's an early solid state game, so the rules are somewhat shallow. Most of the time, this title seems to hover around the $1k mark when shopped and working.

Nearly $2k for this title doesn't seem realistic to me.

#5 6 years ago

^^^^ I agree here. I paid $650 for a players condition Mata Hari and Strike and Spares is the same era Bally (Solid State chimer). If it's as nice as it sounds I'd be at $1,200 max on it. Maybe a tad more if that playfield has a really super nice restore on it prior to the clear coat going on.

#6 6 years ago

It's interesting this game doesn't receive much love. The backglass is ridiculously cool and the gameplay is pretty cool.

#7 6 years ago

There's a ton of them out there.

#8 6 years ago

OK. Thanks everybody for your answers. I have a secret. It is not restored, yet. I just got it the other day for a reasonable price. The play field, while not perfect, is very nice and would only need 3or 4 minor touch ups. And it would not take much to clean it up and clear coat it. I already have a supply of clear and I was thinking about tackling the restore job myself. And since there are a lot out there, it is not like I could screw it up and destroy a rare play field while practicing a restore. .

I'd need to buy a back glass and invest some time is all. I just need to figure how deep to bury, or not bury myself in it as it is not a keeper for me.

Thanks again everybody.

#9 6 years ago

I personally do not think this title is a good candidate for all that work, just to try and flip it.
Especially if you have any more than $100.00 into the base machine (reasonable price?).

It's one of my favorite games, but I'd only sink that kind of time & money into something I'm keeping.

Unless of course, you're just using the refurbishment as a learning experience... then maybe go for it.

#10 6 years ago

I paid 1500 for mine from a local pinsider and I think it was reasonable for what it had. It came with:
New CPR playfield installed and everything working. New backglass. New CPU board. Power supply board reworked. Cabinet in decent condition (original). Plastics all good. Basically, everything works perfectly and it looks great with the new playfield and backglass. Its fun to play and it just never gets old looking at it.

#11 6 years ago

Ok. As soon as I carve out a little bit of room in the house I'll set it up and see how it plays and see how I like it and then go from there.

Thanks for all the thoughts.

#12 6 years ago

Head on over here -----> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-strikes-and-spares-not-just-for-hot-redheads-club
strikes and spares redhead welcome (resized).jpgstrikes and spares redhead welcome (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 10.00
$ 199.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bally-strikes-and-spares-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.