You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

space time 2 (resized).png
space time 1 (resized).png
space time (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Was offered a 1972 Ball Space Time with a woodgrain cabinet. After looking at the pics, I assumed someone put contact paper on it. Turns out it is OE. From IPBD:

Pictured here is a game from Sweden with serial number 5438 that has wood grain lamination on its backbox and lower cabinet that looks factory-installed. Factory serial number plates are evident. We do not know the reason for this cabinet version but have been told that Sweden has a number of Bally games that are this way, known there as "cafe games", as well as having the same games with the regular Bally cabinet artwork.

Game works, needs shopped. Decent BG and PF. Seller has had for 40 years. Worth less than a stenciled version?

space time (resized).pngspace time (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

I really like the look of it but have no idea if it would hold more or less value than say the normal painted version.
I think the value on this would be in the hands of the buyer. Maybe to someone it's worth triple the normal asking price.
-Mike

#5 4 years ago

I don’t think it really adds to the value. I think if you price it above what a normal cabinet version sells for, you’ll have it a long time.

#6 4 years ago

Looks like wall paneling board to me.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Worth less than a stenciled version?

Probably. The nostalgia factor probably doesn't come into play with that cabinet. And it just looks...odd.

I would probably value it the same as a situation where someone repainted the cabinet white or black or something.

But who knows, maybe there's someone out there who really wants this specific example.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Was offered a 1972 Ball Space Time with a woodgrain cabinet. After looking at the pics, I assumed someone put contact paper on it. Turns out it is OE. From IPBD:
Pictured here is a game from Sweden with serial number 5438 that has wood grain lamination on its backbox and lower cabinet that looks factory-installed. Factory serial number plates are evident. We do not know the reason for this cabinet version but have been told that Sweden has a number of Bally games that are this way, known there as "cafe games", as well as having the same games with the regular Bally cabinet artwork.
Game works, needs shopped. Decent BG and PF. Seller has had for 40 years. Worth less than a stenciled version?[quoted image]

It looks pretty neat!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bally-space-time-w-woodgrain-cabinet?hl=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.