Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DRDAVE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinball9.JPG
pinball8.JPG
pinball7.JPG
pinball6.JPG
pinball5.JPG
pinball4.JPG
pinball3.JPG
pinball2.JPG

#1 6 years ago

What would you offer?

One is for sale near me asking $800. It would be my first Multi-Player EM. I like the spinner shot and the drop targets too.

Hard to tell for sure on the playfield but looks to be in decent shape except for the backglass. Looks like the bulk of the red has flaked off. It is about an hour drive from me so I would like to have some info before I decide to make the drive.

Thanks in advance!

pinball2.JPG pinball3.JPG

#2 6 years ago

more pics

pinball4.JPG pinball5.JPG

#3 6 years ago

more pics

pinball6.JPG pinball7.JPG pinball8.JPG pinball9.JPG

#4 6 years ago

Post edited by Pafasa : duplicate post

#5 6 years ago

$400 imo. $500 tops on that title if its working and in decent shape. If the backglass is trashed $100. Hard to tell in the pics.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

$400 tops on that title if its working and in decent shape. If the backglass is trashed $100. Hard to tell in the pics.

You are saying you would only offer $100 if the backglass is trashed?

What do you consider trashed? In this case, it looks like most, if not all of the Red is gone.

#7 6 years ago

I bought a Target Alpha that was local for $800.00 and it is a title in demand Cabinet 8.5 Playfield 8.0 and Backglass 9.5.

If I had to do it all over again I would not have paid more than $700.00 as there were items that did not work and the guy had it 19 years and never serviced it so I had to shop the whole thing out.

The Hang Glider is a good title for Bally and the Cabinet and Playfield look good. I would offer $500.00 if you really like the game and it works 100%. If it has mechanical issues $450.00 and that would be more than fair to the seller as the Backglass will need to be replaced, at least for me so I would tell them that as well.

Ken

#8 6 years ago

Thanks Ken. The backglass and the big chunk out of the front of the cabinet really bugs me. I need to think this over some more.

#9 6 years ago

Yea, that price sounds a bit high. I too would suggest $4-500.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

The backglass and the big chunk out of the front of the cabinet really bugs me.

I did not see the chuck of wood missing on the front Cabinet but it looks more cosmetic than anything. It looks like it does not go under the right leg of the wood that could cause a problem with stability of the leg next to the Cabinet. Price now $450-$400.

I think if you wanted to spend a little time fixing that spot it would not be a big deal and could look good again with wood filler, primer, paint, and some spot webbing. The Backglass however is a different story as already mentioned.

Ken

#11 6 years ago

E-bay sales http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay0512.htm

Machine Name Avg Of Price /Min Of Price/ Max Of Price /Avg w/o Min/Max/ Count Of Sales Activity

Hang Glider 396 102 1,375 364 23

Rough guide^^^^ Seeing the B/G drops the value a lot IMO
I would say $300.00 MAX
The cabinet no big deal unless its cracked under the leg.
Everthing else looks good but photos lie a little , nothing like seeing it in person.

#12 6 years ago

$200 imo. Reproduction backglasses cost ~$300. You'd still be underwater if you sold it. Not saying this is a hobby to make money with, it is not especially with EM's.

But $800 is way, way too much. Most EM's do not fetch this price.

#13 6 years ago

I have to agree with Pin-it, that backglass drops it in the very low $300 territory. Unless you really want this game, but I wouldn't go much higher. A friend bought a nice example of Hang Glider (with a running score motor-easy fix) for about $350 a few months ago, and that included the "California price premium." I understand there may not be many pins for sale in your area but I've learned that there's always another game for sale soon.
Good luck with your decision,
Art.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks all. This gives me what I need.

#15 6 years ago

If you test it, remember to start a 4-player game and make sure all the score reels are working properly.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

If you test it, remember to start a 4-player game and make sure all the score reels are working properly.

Thanks for the tip. My guess is I will not make it that far because I will not drive to see it unless the seller and I can work a tentative deal over the phone. I intend to tell him I am willing to pay no more than $300 and that could go down based on testing and inspection. He will probably hang up the phone on me.....I don't need it that bad.

#17 6 years ago

So apparently this machine is not selling so the seller changes his post on CL. Changed title to "Pinball machine reasonable offers considered" and raised his price to $850? Make sense?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

So apparently this machine is not selling so the seller changes his post on CL. Changed title to "Pinball machine reasonable offers considered" and raised his price to $850? Make sense?

No.

Makes about as much sense as this.

boise.craigslist.org link

Ken

#19 6 years ago

You need something priced like this:
Williams Lady Luck pinball - $350 (Scott twp)
scranton.craigslist.org link

#20 6 years ago

Man did I get hosed when I sold my Klondike.

#21 6 years ago

I paid 325 for mine in december, very similar condition w/back glass, cabinet is almost perfect but had couple small wear spots on playfield

#22 6 years ago

Seller keeps reposting and reposting and reposting and keeps getting flagged. His price has gone up. I think I will avoid this one.

#23 6 years ago

Pinball Machine (Swing-Along) - $550 (Manchester,Md)
baltimore.craigslist.org link

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Seller keeps reposting and reposting and reposting and keeps getting flagged.

This happens a lot in Michigan as well, even with reasonably priced machines. With low priced machines I think people do it to prevent other people from seeing the ad.

1 week later
#25 6 years ago

It just went back up and now he has dropped the price!!! He originally listed it at $800, then raised it to $850 but would take a reasonable offer. Now it is listed at $795!!!! How can I resist now??

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

How can I resist now??

It's easy, just say no.

Ken

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

It's easy, just say no.
Ken

You must have missed it. The seller has taken a full five dollars off the original asking price. I wonder if I offered $790???

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I wonder if I offered $790???

No I get it. The guy is clueless. He still might come around though.

The guy with the $3100 Williams Klondike local to me dropped the price to $550.00 and it was sold in one day, so there is always hope.

Ken

1 week later
#29 6 years ago

ya i been watchin it for weeks, was not to crazy about his description "just enogh wear to be aged nicely" or somthing like that effect, sounds spun up like a 800$ bottle of wine fine.

#30 6 years ago

400-600 It looks like a gorgeous example of this game.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

400-600 It looks like a gorgeous example of this game.

Look closer at the front of the cabinet and the backglass. Big chunk of cabinet missing by right front leg and the backglass is practically missing all the red paint. Hard to tell on the playfield, but looks like it could be ok. Definitely not $800 worth.

3 years later
#32 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for one of these for free, there is one available in Newton MA.

Cabinet nice, backglass missing lots of paint,playfield missing lots of paint, big mouse nest on top of playfield and inside game. Smells a bit like mouse pee.
I passed on this freebie. But someone else who wants a project and for free, well...here it is!

The owner will be listing it on craigslist shortly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Pinball Machine
Habos Arcade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside