Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by davjoszie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Can someone give me a reasonable price for this pin? Also, is it worth owning (I've seen mixed reviews)? Thanks in advance.

#2 10 years ago

As one of the least popular B/W DMD games I would have to guess about $1000-$1200 in good shape

#3 10 years ago

It all depends on your age. Younger folk did not grow up watching Gilligan , but i did . I like it. I have never thought of selling mine. I think all were diamondplate, which is nice. Down here they go for at least $2000 if in decent shape. Way better than Popeye.

#4 10 years ago

Great theme and tons of fun, for a week or two. Then you realize that the only shot in the game is that same ramp over and over and over and over again. It's well worth playing but it's a terrible home game. If you play often or don't have a 20 pin collection go ahead and pass on this one.

#5 10 years ago

I agree with the $1000 to $1200 price tag.

Popeye Saves the World is a horrible theme, but 10x's the game GI is. IMHO.

#6 10 years ago

ive seen them go for $1,100-$1800 but who knows depends on the area its being sold in i guess

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Popeye Saves the World is a horrible theme, but 10x's the game GI is. IMHO.

Without a doubt.

RM

#8 10 years ago

I'm fixing one up for a friend and I dunno about the longevity, but it's a pretty cool game with a unique layout. The island is a cool toy that gives the ramp multiple pathways. It's definitely a nice change of pace from "the usual" designs of the DMD era.

I think my friend paid $2500 or so for it last year...but he's not a pin guy and definitely overpaid - especially considering it was a lemon (I've already put about $500 in parts into it).

5 years ago it was a $1000-1200 game....so today a fully working one would prob be $1500 minimum, no?

#9 10 years ago

Sold a HUO years ago that was mint for $2000 and don't miss it...LOL

#10 10 years ago

Wow ,i wish i could find that HUO now. I would be all over it. Wonder why pinflation doesnt carry on for Gilligans Island?

#11 10 years ago

Someday I'm gonna P-ROC my GI and make it a more than one shot game...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

It all depends on your age. Younger folk did not grow up watching Gilligan , but i did . I like it. I have never thought of selling mine. I think all were diamondplate, which is nice. Down here they go for at least $2000 if in decent shape. Way better than Popeye.

I also love Gilligans mines not for sale I like popeye but the game play bad

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Sold a HUO years ago that was mint for $2000 and don't miss it...LOL

HUO 10k by Xmas

#14 10 years ago

I sold one that was shopped out fully working but overall in ruff shape for $ 1650 last fall.

#15 10 years ago

i enjoy Gilligan personally. The rules aren't deep by any means but its a fun game

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Wow ,i wish i could find that HUO now. I would be all over it. Wonder why pinflation doesnt carry on for Gilligans Island?

Rules mostly. Multiball given as a random award and not earnable plays a huge part

#17 10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Very valuable feedback!

#18 10 years ago

15-18 last year. Don't know if the value has moved since then. 22 tops probably? A Popeye sold around here for just over $2k recently in the past 6-12 months.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

15-18 last year. Don't know if the value has moved since then. 22 tops probably? A Popeye sold around here for just over $2k recently in the past 6-12 months.

What? No. No one in their right mind is paying $2200 for a Gilligan. Same goes for a $2k Popeye. Just because it happened once doesn't make it reasonable or even sane.

#20 10 years ago

A Popeye sold on CL around here for $500 recently too, but we understand these are outliers.

4 years later
#21 5 years ago

Geez have prices changed in four years. I paid $5,200 for a mint, mint, mint, mint, mint, mint condition machine two months ago that looks and plays af it were just taken out of a brand new box.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Geez have prices changed in four years. I paid $5,200 for a mint, mint, mint, mint, mint, mint condition machine two months ago that looks and plays af it were just taken out of a brand new box.

Wait- you bought a Gillian's Island for $5200?

#24 5 years ago

Geez have prices changed in four years. I paid $5,200 ...

Not that much, they haven't... you got taken...

Okay, people pay a premium for mint, but you're almost paying LoTR money for GI...

#25 5 years ago

Davjosie, your "empty" white space above does speak volumes to me.

#26 5 years ago

Davjosie, your "empty" white space above does speak volumes to me.

It was my bad. I tried to edit my post to say Gilligan instead of Gillian. I failed at that and then accidentally quoted myself, lol. That's what I deleted. Enjoy your game sir.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

It was my bad. I tried to edit my post to say Gilligan instead of Gillian. I failed at that and then accidentally quoted myself, lol. That's what I deleted. Enjoy your game sir.

My friend, I greatly appreciate your input in every sense. I acknowledge I paid more than the vast majority would even consider, but I am told the machine will hold that value. I know that remains to be seen. Thank you again.

#28 5 years ago

My friend, I greatly appreciate your input in every sense. I acknowledge I paid more than the vast majority would even consider, but I am told the machine will hold that value. I know that remains to be seen. Thank you again.

I don't think it is a pin I would chase but I like what I see on some youtube videos. If one were to come up for sale in my neck of the woods I would consider it. It looks fast enough. Doesn't look like a drain monster.

#29 5 years ago

The way this hobby is going, we could one day be like man $5200 for a minty GI was a steal a few years ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bally-gilligans-island and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.