View topic image gallery

photo(5).JPG
photo(4).JPG
photo(3).JPG
photo(2).JPG
photo(1).JPG
photo.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have a lead on a flash gordon machine. Below are some horrendous pictures he took(i think he used a potato). This guy lives a neighborhood away so I am going to take a look at it on Wendesday.

What do you estimate the price as? It is working(will verify on wednesday). Looks like the playfield might be damaged but I can get a replacement easy enough(until i figure out how to repair playfields or give it to someone who can). He has an asking price but I want to see what everyone here thinks. I don't want to invest money in a machine I can never get back... I don't like it that much haha. photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo(1).JPGphoto(1).JPG photo(2).JPGphoto(2).JPG photo(3).JPGphoto(3).JPG photo(4).JPGphoto(4).JPG photo(5).JPGphoto(5).JPG

#2 10 years ago

I can't really see anything wrong with the playfield, but those pics are pretty bad.

First guess, $600. For some reason, although a very cool machine and infinitely more playable than an EK or an EB, it doesn't seem to command much $$. Too many of them still around perhaps.

#3 10 years ago

I think it would be way more than $600, if there is no playfield damage and it is unfaded...

Now if the guy doesn't know what he has and you can get it for $600 or less, you have scored a good deal for yourself.

#4 10 years ago

Bottom left of the playfield above left flipper. Not sure if dirt, from the camera or is damaged.

I see these aren't going for unreasonable prices.

He is "firm" at $1,500... haha.

#5 10 years ago

That's one of the nicer original FG's I've seen based on what I can see in the crappy pics. Most have blown out playfields and faded cabinets. If the Backglass is nice I'd peg the value in the $800-$1000 range.

#6 10 years ago

One that looked pretty similar just went on CL in my area for $600.

#7 10 years ago

Yea, these are usually worn to the wood in large areas around the inserts in the middle of the playfield and the pops. It's hard to tell from these pics, but it looks like a very nice original. I would agree on 900-1000 if the backglass is nice and the pf is as good as it looks. $600 would be a steal and $1500 would be a slap in the face.

Brian

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's one of the nicer original FG's I've seen based on what I can see in the crappy pics. Most have blown out playfields and faded cabinets. If the Backglass is nice I'd peg the value in the $800-$1000 range.

I think this is pretty close. I was guessing 900-1100 if everything is working well. Mine has a nicer playfield, a slightly worse cabinet/backglass, and a new Alltek driver board and that's what I have invested in it.

#9 10 years ago

Looks like the player 1 display has a segment out.

I doubt there's a Flash Gordon out there you could buy, put a new playfield in, and get all of your money back when you sell. (Assuming no other labor, not getting a game far below market value, etc.)

#10 10 years ago

Wow, I guess it's official...U.S. prices have caught up to Canadian prices. This pin would go for $800 - $1000 up here, at least amongst hobbyists. I was just knocking off 20% for U.S. pricing, but I guess I don't have to do that anymore

I would actually love to see this game climb up in value because it has been historically undervalued and I have two of them.

#11 10 years ago

I would put the value at $800 based on what I can see. However if everything is working well and cabinet and backglass are in good shape I could see going up to $1000 especially since you don't have the expense and pain of shipping it. However if you need to replace the playfield I would deduct at least half of the replacement cost of a new PF.

#12 10 years ago

Hmm...you can get a brand new CPR playfield, backglass and plastics for about $1000 right now. I'm tempted to track down a $500 beater FG and make it a retirement project.

#13 10 years ago

Wow--I think everyone's way under-valuing this game.

First off--the cabinet still looks pretty red, not faded to pink. That's a rarity in and of itself. The playfield looks like it has original mylar. Usually these are beat-to-crap around the inserts. If this is even 80% as nice as it looks. Buy it. I'd say it's an 1100-1200 game, with a nice backglass and most everything working.

Oh yeah--it's one of the greatest games ever. Ever. You know it's something special when the best players you know complain that it still kicks their butts.

(Use the missing digit on the Player 1 display to knock down the price)

#14 10 years ago

500-600. Have seen two in WA state and one in VA go for those prices in that condition. Also one that was "restored" go for 1300. It was completely repainted (stenciled) with perfect BG and great PF.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hmm...you can get a brand new CPR playfield, backglass and plastics for about $1000 right now. I'm tempted to track down a $500 beater FG and make it a retirement project.

Yep, me too. Flash Gordon is such a great game but somewhat elusive in my neck of the woods. GL to the op.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Wow--I think everyone's way under-valuing this game.

Oh yeah--it's one of the greatest games ever. Ever.

I agree with both of these statements, especially if by "this game" you mean all Flash Gordons. This is, IMO, the very definition of a 'bang for your buck' machine. It helps that I am an unabashed fan of the theme. On this game there is definitely some type of playfield damage/touch-up above the left flipper, so I still think 9-1100 is pretty fair (with everything working). Especially if OP is concerned about getting his money back later. I already know I will put more into my machine than I will ever get back, but that's OK because I have no intention of getting rid of it. Like you said..

Oh yeah--it's one of the greatest games ever. Ever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 179.00
7,995 (OBO)
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-bally-1980-flash-gordon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.