Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a friend of mine that wants an Avatar LE and he was wondering what the going price is for one. I was thinking right at $4K for a HUO one.. does this sound about right? I've seen HUO pro's for $3K, and sometimes they sit at that.

What are you guys seeing?

BTW, he's not a big in guy and doesn't get on pinball forums, but he loves the movie and has owned a few arcade / Pinball machines in the past (POTC was one).

#2 11 years ago

HUO PRO for 3k ??

#3 11 years ago

4000 will sell. 3000 is giving it away. 4000 is a great deal for.a.huo le

#4 11 years ago

Your right on. I bought mine for $4200, and sold it for about the same, it had upgraded speakers, and back box LED kit, all LED GI etc..

#5 11 years ago

Yes, I've seen 2 at that price.

#6 11 years ago

WOW, I would have to think long and hard if I could find a HUO PRO in good shape for 3k... Same for HUO LE for 4k...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

WOW, I would have to think long and hard if I could find a HUO PRO in good shape for 3k... Same for HUO LE for 4k...

There was a pro on RGP just last week for $3K, and that doesn't include the 2 I've seen. All of them were pretty much stock (no LED's or mods) but very nice HUO condition.

I've known several guys that had Avatar's that moved them pretty quick, so I'm not surprised on the price. For me personally, I can't justify even paying the $3K for one since I don't care for the game. But I don't want to turn this into an Avatar discussion, just a price check.

Besides, I have very limited space and there's too many games I like 10X better than Avatar... just my humble opinion.

#8 11 years ago

Never seen HUO Avatar go for 3k. If it did it wouldn't last long.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Tom there has been one on MN CL for months at 3.5

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have. Was offered one for about that and passed.

#11 11 years ago

Anybody want to sell an Avatar LE for 4k I be a buyer for atleast 3 of them. The pin is not that bad.

#12 11 years ago

I had a guy put down $5100 in cash in front of my face for my Avatar LE a few months ago and I turned him down. I wanted $5300 and he was just playing "I'm a lawyer and I want to win" with me and I'm stubborn as sh*t lol. $4k for an LE is a friggin' steal. If that becomes "the norm" vs. a lucky buy, screw it, I'll keep mine forever.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have. Was offered one for about that and passed.

Wow, I figure you'd be all over it...it's your type of game. Fast & non-deep!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I had a guy put down $5100 in cash in front of my face for my Avatar LE a few months ago and I turned him down. I wanted $5300 and he was just playing "I'm a lawyer and I want to win" with me and I'm stubborn as sh*t lol. $4k for an LE is a friggin' steal. If that becomes "the norm" vs. a lucky buy, screw it, I'll keep mine forever.

$200 bucks was less then what you wanted for a 5k plus pin wasnt good enough? ......I think you could have told yourself "I won cause this idiot just paid $5100 for a Avatar LE"....

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

$200 bucks was less then what you wanted for a 5k plus pin wasnt good enough? ......I think you could have told yourself "I won cause this idiot just paid $5100 for a Avatar LE"....

+1. You showed him!!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

$200 bucks was less then what you wanted for a 5k plus pin wasnt good enough?

It was one of those "moment in time" things. The thing is, I really like playing Avatar....at the same time, if someone wanted to buy it for a certain price - I wouldn't feel too terrible about letting it go because I have enough games to play. So, you see..I'm not in a "THIS GAME MUST GO!" situation.

The guy that came to buy it didn't ask to negotiate over the phone...he showed up and then decided he deserved $200 off because it had a lot of plays on it. So, I was just kind of annoyed - he could CLEARLY afford to pay what I wanted...he "threatened" to just buy a new one. We all know what NIB Stern experiences can be like - I guaranteed him mine was better than a NIB with my mods and tweaks. He thought laying $5100 down in cash would sway me, but I called his bluff and gave him Trent's info....lol. He went ahead and bought a NIB. Good for him. After he left I had the best game I had ever played - got to Final Battle and noticed there were new rules in it since the last update...cool!

#17 11 years ago

The game should be renamed "Hair Cut". If you make the mistake and buy one then you're going to get a "Hair Cut!". If he's your friend then do him a favor and tell him to pass! Your friend is very rare, actually someone that wants to buy a Avatard! BTW the NIB LE price was $5100! 3+ years later and the value has sunk and is still sinking! That's rare in this market!!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I could have bought an Avatar LE for $4100.00 several months back. In hindsight, I wish I bought it because after playing it more, I think it's a cool pin, and you can't get them for that anymore.

Quoted from Rarehero:

He thought laying $5100 down in cash would sway me, but I called his bluff and gave him Trent's info....lol. He went ahead and bought a NIB. Good for him.

What do you mean you called his "bluff"? It turns out that he wasn't bluffing since he went ahead and bought the NIB.

#19 11 years ago

Avatar = a bunch of initial hype for a less than stellar game, and a lot of people lost money before they were able to see through the smoke and mirrors.

My Price Check response is, buy something else, as Avatar is a stinker that you will lose money on in the future. Avatar is destined to become JASF (Just Another Stern Failure) like Striker Extreme, WPT, Monopoly and others that sell for $2,000 today.

While Stern has made some good games (like SM, FG, TSPP, RBION and BDK), Avatar is not one of them.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What do you mean you called his "bluff"? It turns out that he wasn't bluffing since he went ahead and bought the NIB.

He thought by threatening to buy a NIB I'd take his offer. Instead I hooked him up with Trent for a NIB...I don't think he expected that. *shrug* ...whatever, I'm still playing it....and if I do end up selling it and "losing" money...what have I really lost? I've had over 2000 fun games on the machine over the course of a few years - and if I look at the games I've sold as a whole, I'm still ahead of the game. Win-win.

#21 11 years ago

Sold mine for $4250 4 months ago...

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He thought by threatening to buy a NIB I'd take his offer. Instead I hooked him up with Trent for a NIB...I don't think he expected that. *shrug* ...whatever, I'm still playing it....and if I do end up selling it and "losing" money...what have I really lost? I've had over 2000 fun games on the machine over the course of a few years - and if I look at the games I've sold as a whole, I'm still ahead of the game. Win-win.

Its cool that you still enjoy the game but if your looking to sell something there is usually a reason. Seems like an offer of 200 less then what you are asking when talking about 5100 is a reasonable offer is all I was trying to point out.

If it was something you were selling for 1000 & he offered 800 I could see holding firm. Doesnt really matter cause you still have your Avaturd to play.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from gdeleon:

Avatar is destined to become JASF (Just Another Stern Failure) like Striker Extreme, WPT, Monopoly and others that sell for $2,000 today.

Maybe, maybe not...the fact that there are only 250 LEs can't be discounted. If Spidey Black, Elvis Gold, and LOTR LE can hold their value when they have 500 units and zero extra features - then I think a game with half those units & features not available on the Pro version just may have a shot at holding onto some value. We'll see. 2, possibly 3 sequels on the horizon...the world of Avatar will be with us for quite some time. Theme goes a long way. People gravitate toward certain pop culture themes when it comes to pinball....soccer, poker, and board games aren't pinball themes that get people excited. Sci-fi, multi-quadrant blockbuster movies, superheroes, and Rock 'n Roll are what people want in their gamerooms!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Its cool that you still enjoy the game but if your looking to sell something there is usually a reason. Seems like an offer of 200 less then what you are asking when talking about 5100 is a reasonable offer is all I was trying to point out.

Yeah, you're right...but what can I say....I wasn't desperate to sell, it's my girlfriend's favorite game and she was muttering "f*ck this guy" under her breath lol...no big deal at the end of the day...just thought I'd share the story to illustrate that the game doesn't HAVE to be sold in the low 4's...find the right buyer and you can get more.

Quoted from smassa:

If it was something you were selling for 1000 & he offered 800 I could see holding firm. Doesnt really matter cause you still have your Avaturd to play.

OMG, it doesn't get old to you guys, does it? Har har har *rolls eyes* I need an annoying name for Transformers to annoy the sh*t out of the guys who stick up for that game.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG, it doesn't get old to you guys, does it? Har har har *rolls eyes*

I know it is kinda old but it does make me chuckle everytime I see someone call it that. Ive only played it a couple times at Nickle city and it was one of the few games I walked away from even after scoring a credit on a replay (The other being Cactus Canyon)

Quoted from Rarehero:

I need an annoying name for Transformers to annoy the sh*t out of the guys who stick up for that game.

I recently picked up a NIB TF LE & was going back n forth in my head and changed my mind probably about 6 times or so. In the end the price was just too good to pass up. It may end up being a Turd also but in my eyes but it seems the general consensus is that its still a better game then Avatar & with one more power pack update could make a marked improvement in how its looked at.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I know it is kinda old but it does make me chuckle everytime I see someone call it that. Ive only played it a couple times at Nickle city and it was one of the few games I walked away from even after scoring a credit on a replay (The other being Cactus Canyon)

Since it was in an arcade, I'm guessing you didn't get to hear the game....it has a great sound package and audio is a huge part of any modern pinball experience, IMO. Since you only played it a few times, I'm guessing you didn't get a sense of the rules or stacking strategies. Knowing what to go for and why goes a long way (on any game). If you're ever up in L.A., stop by...I'll show you the ropes.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I recently picked up a NIB TF LE & was going back n forth in my head and changed my mind probably about 6 times or so. In the end the price was just too good to pass up. It may end up being a Turd also but in my eyes but it seems the general consensus is that its still a better game then Avatar & with one more power pack update could make a marked improvement in how its looked at.

BTW I'm a HUGE Transformers fan...it was a massive part of my childhood....the new Transformers: The Ride 3D at Universal Studios brought a f*cking tear to my eye....it really hurts me to diss the TF Pinball - just too much was botched and I couldn't convince myself to "deal with it" and force enjoyment.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BTW I'm a HUGE Transformers fan...it was a massive part of my childhood....the new Transformers: The Ride 3D at Universal Studios brought a f*cking tear to my eye....it really hurts me to diss the TF Pinball - just too much was botched and I couldn't convince myself to "deal with it" and force enjoyment.

Im prepared to not like it but hopefully will be surprised. I wouldnt have bought it if it wasnt such a good deal. Im not a huge fan of Gomez games either so thats another warning sign. It may not last through the new year but atleast I can say I gave it a chance sine like you I collected Transformers when I was a kid.

I'd never have thought i'd be selling AFM but ever since I got my ACDC even with its limitations with the current code its made all my other games start to collect dust so I wont be surprised if the same thing happens with TF.

#29 11 years ago

I'm with Greg on this one, Avaturd is a stupid name that pretty much came from one idiot over on RGP and like alot of unwarrented hate it stuck, I even fell for that as the first time I had an opportunity to play an Avatar I had it in my head it was gonna suck before I even pressed start, by the time I finished my first game I had pressed the start button again to get another game going, Avatar is by no means packed with mechanical features by its loaded with fun something I do not have on the mechanically heavy Transformers which is a game I went into expecting it to be good/great and walking away after a few hours play thinking wow now this is a turd!

I liked Avatar enough to buy an Avatar LE this weekend, well I traded my BDK for one and I think it's the best decision deal I've ever made when it comes to pins. Avatar really needs to be given a chance, it's not deep but the rules and modes that are there are challenging and most importantly varied and fun. Transformers every mode is 10 or 11 shots with minor variations which shots or the order of shots required zZZzZzzz & then there is all the mechanical faults and problems with TF that I have seen first hand with my friends LE since he had it new he has not stopped havin to tweak problem after problem.

#30 11 years ago

I currently have an Avatar LE for sale. Dayton, OH. Asking 4,600 obo. Less than 300 plays. Like new.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Definitely a win-win in the end regardless since you get so much enjoyment out of the pin! Doesn't sound like you were that motivated to sell it, so it makes sense that you took the stand that you did at the time.....although in hindsight....

3 weeks later
#32 11 years ago

250 worldwide and on par with Ironman if not better!
Ive got 1 of 10 in Australia and its not going anywhere!

#33 11 years ago

I really enjoy avatar, it under rated if you ask me

#35 11 years ago

Yep. I also just bought another avatar. The game is good. The sound is great. Really don't understand why it gets hate.

#36 11 years ago

Add me to the list of folks who like Avatar, and think it's under rated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-avatar-le-huo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.