Price Check - Andromeda

By Pinphila

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi - have a chance to pick one of these up. Appears to be in good shape. Anyone have a range on these?

#2 7 years ago

No idea but I would pay 800 for one in nice condition. But only if I could pick it up and view it booting.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Hi - have a chance to pick one of these up. Appears to be in good shape. Anyone have a range on these?

1500ish would be my range. Maybe a liitle more if very nice

#4 7 years ago

Anyone ?

#5 7 years ago

Everyone!

#6 7 years ago

Boston's has it listed at 1260 and I'm confident it's worth 800. They do not come up for sale often enough to really establish a solid range. Reminds me of some of the other off brand companies. If it's very nice, it's worth whatever someone looking for one is willing to pay. I don't see it on a lot of want lists so finding someone looking for that title is the determining factor a lot of times. Takes patience to get top $ sometimes. It's not like Whitewater or Fish Tales which have sold hundreds (or thousnads) of times and are in much higher demand. To be brutally honest, Cyclopes is a better game.

#7 7 years ago

Yeh, It appears to be in very good to excellent shape. Its these rare ones that are tough to price. I guess another way of asking is, what would people pay for it?

#8 7 years ago

I will probably bring this to Allentown and place on free play. Its a rare one that people dont see so why not share it.

#9 7 years ago

I'd go $1000, I like the art and its pretty fun.

#10 7 years ago

All I know is people love to play mine and are lined up to buy it if I ever sell it. Which I have no plans to do. The problem is, few people have ever played one.

#11 7 years ago

Seal, I agree. Hows the part availability if something breaks?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Seal, I agree. Hows the part availability if something breaks?

There are very few new or NOS parts available. The main source is parted machines. Sharpshooter pins seem to get parted all the time, so that is pretty much the main source of parts. Or, you can substitute assemblies from Gottlieb games if need be.

It's simply the downside of owning rare games that aren't on the A-list, especially from one of the non-mainstream manufacturers.

#13 7 years ago

I have a spare set of drop targets but use DE ones instead with no issues. Pre-1980 Stern parts are compatible for the flippers, and I think the pops. But even they are getting hard to source. The rest of the parts seem to be basic.
You might still be able to buy an aftermarket MPU. He had a few left last year. The other circuit boards are easy to repair.
I am trying to get a good scan of the bat plastic so I can get protectors made. It is the only one on mine which is broken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-andromeda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.