Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MAJRob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

the_shadow_pinball_and_BSD.jpg
the_shadow_pinball-1.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Gents,
I would love to hear your opinion on The Shadow. Price/gameplay etc. I am on the fence whether to pick one up.
Thanks,
Rob

#2 7 years ago

check out the post " WHAT WOULD YOU TRADE FOR AN APOLLO 13? "
I have never played one and was thinking about it myself...

#3 7 years ago

Shadow was our first pin a year and a half ago.

Really nice game. a lot of shots. great music / sound effects. some people arent a fan of the
"Breakout" - style mini playfield but its a nice change of pace and challenging as well. The phurba diverters ad some extra skill to your play.

Its got some fun easter eggs tucked into the code, also.

It was a challenging game for a new pinball family, so we traded for a BSD.
yeah, well, ok, so...

Like to have one back now that i'm a (little) better player.

We paid $1,500 in the long forgotten days of April 2011.
I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a nice one at all under $2,500 now.

good luck.

#4 7 years ago

I bought one a few months ago for $2300. Love it. Just waiting for the plastics to be reproduced by CPR.

#5 7 years ago

Fantastic pin! Ask how many owners have beaten the final battle.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Fantastic pin! Ask how many owners have beaten the final battle.

I was two shots away 3 times!!:/

#7 7 years ago

Great game for under $3k.

#8 7 years ago

I like it so much I have 2 (really).

#9 7 years ago

Great game that would be bigger bucks if not for the theme.

Unique as there really aren't any games like it. Best ball lock ever. The ramp diverters are a great feature that no other pin has duplicated. Nice flow, good rules.

Depends on condition of pin for price. Lower end around 2.2 to 2.3k.

Lots of parts not available for this pin, so make sure everything runs properly.

Plastic sets are being made, but you can't find them now without a premium. Rings aren't reproduced and hard to find. Look at the Sanctum entrance to see how much wear there is. This spot is usually heavily worn due to magnet wear. Check the upper playfield to see how the kickback works. The gear had a tendency to break and there is a repair kit for it.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20417

Great game, just make sure and check everything out.

My favorite playing game.

#10 7 years ago

Get one. There will be Repro plastics for it this Summer I hear.

#11 7 years ago

i got mine from a Pinsider for $2300 three weeks ago, and have played it virtually every free moment i've had since then. This is not a game for a kid by no means, but as challenging as it may be, it will without a doubt have you coming back again and again, especially with the "Just one more game" appeal this game has. Since i've owned it, i've decked it out in Cointakers "Ultra Bright" Leds. It completely Transforms this game. I tried to do my leds a lil different then what ive seen other shadows in. Adding Pinks and Purples to various areas as well as greens and blues.I also wired in a Polk Audio 1x10 200 Watt powered sub-woofer under it, and it really showcases this game. Bottom Line, if you can get this game in 100% working order, and in decent shape for under $2500, especially how this game has become alot more popular in the past few months, and may continue to do so, i think you would be getting a good deal, just as i felt i did when i paid $2300 for mine.

Here is a video of what the shadow sounds like with a sub-woofer, this was taken before the LED conversion.

the_shadow_pinball-1.jpg the_shadow_pinball_and_BSD.jpg

#12 7 years ago

2013 price guide has it at 2000... but dont see many sell there.

#13 7 years ago

Don't waste time with price guides. Read the forums, see what's sold on ebay, talk to other pinheads, stay current. Price can move quick on a game. No price guide considers condition, and no price guide, or anybody, knows about all sales, only a sample of sales. Condition of games not tracked. Guides are usually behind, and useless, in my opinion.

#14 7 years ago

pinhead87, great looking shadow and drac!

#15 7 years ago

Another vote of confidence for The Shadow. Brian Eddy games rock. This one has a different layout / rule set than AFM & MM though.

Ramp diverters are unique and fun. You can actually use them to "assist" the ball up the ramps. Personally, I like the mini-playfield knocker. Game saucers are difficult to hit, which makes them satisfying. 3rd flipper and inner loop are also a trip. No pop bumpers, and fast action.

I think this game is severely under rated because of the theme / art package. I would say if you can find one in good shape in low to mid 2k range, grab it!

#16 7 years ago

If you're a player, I don't think there is any way you will be disappointed. Besides the translite and speaker panel art, I think this game looks amazing. The playfield art is great IMO, as id the cabinet art. Mid 2Ks depending on condition is what I have seen everywhere.

#17 7 years ago

Sold mine for 2500CAN a few months ago, really fun unique game, but I don't really miss it either..

#18 7 years ago

People will say $2500-3000, but some VERY nice ones have changed hands locally for $2200-2600 over the last couple months.

#19 7 years ago

Hey guys thanks for all the intel. You have been absolutely helpful.
Time to go get it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 63.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside