Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I have a customer that has a pretty decent Elvira and wants to get rid of it . The cab art is nice with a little touch
Up but bright . The playfield has original Mylar and underneath the playfield is pretty clean . The boards look good and I plan on going through the whole game and fix any issues I find . They are wanting another pin and are interested in a trade . There wanting $2500 which I think might be in the ball park but I haven't seen enough of these for sell in awhile to get a average . Let me know what you guys think and if there is anyone in or near central Florida that might be interested please let me know .

#2 9 years ago

This Pinsider might be a little far (VA.), but posted was looking for one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-elvira-and-the-party-monsters-eatpm

#3 9 years ago

$2500 is pretty steep for a system 11, even if it is an Elvira. The last one that came up around here sat for a while and ended up selling closer to $1500.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

$2500 is pretty steep for a system 11, even if it is an Elvira. The last one that came up around here sat for a while and ended up selling closer to $1500.

I don't think 2500 is too steep pending condition. I wouldn't let mine go for less than that and mine isn't "mint". But it's pretty darn decent w/o cab fade. Quality pin IMHO. Underrated too. I like it better than SS. Just something about it..

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I don't think 2500 is too steep pending condition. I wouldn't let mine go for less than that and mine isn't "mint". But it's pretty darn decent w/o cab fade. Quality pin IMHO. Underrated too. I like it better than SS. Just something about it..

I agree with you - I would be a buyer at that price

#6 9 years ago

Yeah it's a fine game but ain't no hobbyists paying no $2500 for an average condish EATPM. Come on man.

People are dead on with the $1500. That's around what higher end average condition(not top end like WWind or Banzai Run) System 11s are going for. Stuff like Diner, and yes, EATPM.

#7 9 years ago

$1500. Don't buy the hype.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it's a fine game but ain't no hobbyists paying no $2500 for an average condish EATPM. Come on man.
People are dead on with the $1500. That's around what higher end average condition(not top end like WWind or Banzai Run) System 11s are going for. Stuff like Diner, and yes, EATPM.

Quoted from gutz:

$1500. Don't buy the hype.

Please let me know where I can find one for $1500 I would love to have that game

Thanks

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Average condition won't bring 2500. Closer to 2k. I NEVER see them, if at all for sale, for 1500 either. I would buy another one for 1500 if there was one FS in a heartbeat.

#10 9 years ago

The market has slowed down a ton. My friendly neighbors in Minnesota are still in denial.

$2500 is too high. I bet he could get $2000 but it will take a while. Depends on the wear on the playfield.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The market has slowed down a ton. My friendly neighbors in Minnesota are still in denial.
$2500 is too high.

Nah, it's just those hillbillies out in SD that just don't have a clue. J/K. The market has slowed a bit, and it is that time of year, so in some ways your right. It really also depends on location IMO.

#12 9 years ago

I think $1500 is a joke... When I sold mine, if some dick had offered me $1500... Our conversation would have been over.... Sold mine for $2300. Anyone who wants to get a nice Elvira for $1500 is dreaming...

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Please let me know where I can find one for $1500 I would love to have that game
Thanks

Why?

I'll take the ones I can find for $1500.

You've already stated you are willing to spend $2500 on one - I'll be more than happy to find you one at that price. In fact the OP can clue you in on the details right now.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Thanks

I only have pictures of one that I paid $650 for, will that do?

#15 9 years ago

$650?! Share some of those sweet deals, brother!

#16 9 years ago

Yea it's in pretty decent shape and after one of my shop outs it will look really nice . I was thinking around $2000 but really had nothing to go on . Thanks guys !

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Yea it's in pretty decent shape and after one of my shop outs it will look really nice . I was thinking around $2000 but really had nothing to go on . Thanks guys !

Put 'em in touch with MN Flipper. He's eager to buy one at $2500.

That's 500 clams in your pocket for setting it up, bro!

#18 9 years ago

I have been looking for an ELTPM for a while. Soon I will have all the parts to almost build one LOL. Anyway, please PM me with a $1500 to 2K one. I have been hard pressed to find one. Unless one was in great condition $2500 would be a bit high. Just my opinion.

#19 9 years ago

Id like to see a decent $1500 Elvira.... give it a rest.

#20 9 years ago

Mine was completly rebuilt by the previous owner to better then new condition and I payed well north of 2.5k. It only lacks 2 things a cc'd pf and a new apron. Local Pinsiders have seen and played it and can attest to it's condition. If someone offered me 4k I wouldn't sell, I love it that much. But that's just me, others here wouldn't give me 2k for it because they don't like the game play.

#21 9 years ago

Got a project EATPM that is complete minus the displays that I planned to take to York show in Oct but if anyone is passing through Pittsburgh take it now for $1200

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Id like to see a decent $1500 Elvira.... give it a rest.

Give it a rest?

Why do the price pumpers around here get free reign to stroke each any every game value into the stratosphere, but anybody who wants to inject a little sanity into this silliness gets lambasted.

Hey...a guy has an EATPM in this very thread for $1200. No displays? Add about $300.

$1500 bucks.

Guess he actually wants to sell it.

Not EVERY game is worth $2500-3500 these days man. Give it a rest.

#23 9 years ago

I bought mine for 1800 a year ago...

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not EVERY game is worth $2500-3500 these days man.

That's for sure and $1200-1500 is a good price.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine was completly rebuilt by the previous owner to better then new condition and I payed well north of 2.5k. It only lacks 2 things a cc'd pf and a new apron. Local Pinsiders have seen and played it and can attest to it's condition. If someone offered me 4k I wouldn't sell, I love it that much. But that's just me, others here wouldn't give me 2k for it because they don't like the game play.

Pauls EATPM is very nice, Worth way more then 2500. It plays great and looks even better,

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Give it a rest?
Why do the price pumpers around here get free reign to stroke each any every game value into the stratosphere, but anybody who wants to inject a little sanity into this silliness gets lambasted.
Hey...a guy has an EATPM in this very thread for $1200. No displays? Add about $300.
$1500 bucks.
Guess he actually wants to sell it.
Not EVERY game is worth $2500-3500 these days man. Give it a rest.

No price pumping needed. Its a popular title, even with non-pinheads. You can inject as much sanity as you want, but a decent Elvira is 2k+ all day long. Reality is a tough pill to swallow sometimes...

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

This Pinsider might be a little far (VA.), but posted was looking for one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-elvira-and-the-party-monsters-eatpm

I am that Pinsider and that is out of my price/mileage range.

#28 9 years ago

It is on my short list and I am kicking myself for not buying it last year at $1500, but I didn't have room at the time.

#29 9 years ago

EATPM is certainly at the top end of System 11's.... Get the System 11's while you still can for reasonable prices!

#30 9 years ago

and I'm one of the people that want a new Elvira pin made.

#31 9 years ago

What a really fun game, not worth $2500 though unless it's mint or pretty damn close to mint......, and I own one.

#32 9 years ago

Book has it at 1500 and ebay avg is 1600 minus the fee's. Third party's selling machines for someone else, I find the price is always higher then normal.

#33 9 years ago

I sold a nice EATPM with some cabinet fade in 2012 for $1100 and it sat for a while before selling. I don't think it's quite at that $2500 mark unless it's really nice, even though prices have climbed since then.

#34 9 years ago

I think the price for this game will be going up because of all the new parts, ramps, plastics and backglass that are available. That's $600 worth of new stuff that I'm sure people won't give away with a low selling price.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

No price pumping needed. Its a popular title, even with non-pinheads. You can inject as much sanity as you want, but a decent Elvira is 2k+ all day long. Reality is a tough pill to swallow sometimes...

Reality is all over this thread.

Keep stroking, pumping, and gobbling up all the $2K + Elviras you can find, but I think it's pretty clear most people will be more patient.

#36 9 years ago

Keep waiting around for a $1500 EATPM and you will be a grey old man looking back saying i should have bought one back then.

#37 9 years ago

$2,500 pretty damn excellent
$2,000 Excellent
$1,500-1,800 Nice
jmo

#38 9 years ago

$500 shy on each condition , remember this is Elvira the same lady on Scared Stiff which goes for big buck's.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

$2,500 pretty damn excellent
$2,000 Excellent
$1,500-1,800 Nice
jmo

You forgot to put one up for "Totally rebuilt and better then new".

#40 9 years ago

Bought mine this year in the spring.

HUO since 1990 but filthy dirty playfield (owner did not know glass came off) and slight cabinet fade in the reds on one side. Wear at top of BAT lanes due to continued play on a dirty playfield.

One display out, JAM targets would not reset.

Was asking 1800.00

Sat on CL for almost a week, two others had looked at it and passed, paid 1350.00.

Cleaned up beautifully with one or two small spots of lifted mylar, re-crimped the IDC connector for the JAM targets and put in new green displays, she's a keeper.

#41 9 years ago

Rody, if you were to sell it now what value would you put on it ? That is what i would like to know.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Bought mine this year in the spring.
HUO since 1990 but filthy dirty playfield (owner did not know glass came off) and slight cabinet fade in the reds on one side. Wear at top of BAT lanes due to continued play on a dirty playfield.
One display out, JAM targets would not reset.
Was asking 1800.00
Sat on CL for almost a week, two others had looked at it and passed, paid 1350.00.
Cleaned up beautifully with one or two small spots of lifted mylar, re-crimped the IDC connector for the JAM targets and put in new green displays, she's a keeper.

Nice, saved another one.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Rody, if you were to sell it now what value would you put on it ? That is what i would like to know.

Oh come on, that's not fair. Everybody in this hobby values their stuff higher than they have any right to. What he would ask for that game is completely irrelevant. We are discussing what people will pay.

The question is - are these games out there for a reasonable price, or are they all $2000 +.

That's clearly been answered all over this thread. And the answer is yes.

As a prospective buyer, I'm wondering why you are so invested in pumping the price? Or do you already own one?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As a prospective buyer, I'm wondering why you are so invested in pumping the price? Or do you already own one?

What do you consider price pumping? Buying a game for 1300, putting 700 into it and selling for 2000? That's not my idea of price pumping. Everyone has their own price point they are willing to pay for a game and I was willing to pay what it took to get my perfect example. I hope you find one at your price point.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What do you consider price pumping? Buying a game for 1300, putting 700 into it and selling for 2000? .

Lord no.

I love making a profit, and I never buy a game where I don't think sometime don't the road I won't be able to do that. If you can buy a game for 1300, and put 0 into it, and sell it for 4500, good for you. I got no problem with that.

I'm talking about price check threads, like this one.

#46 9 years ago

I bought mine fairly beat up on the West Coast for $2000.00 and thought I got a steal as they don't show up around here too often for sale. If your ramps are good and not cracked at entry and there is no heavy playfield wear, and decals aren't scratched up and faded, $2500 would be about right, out here anyway.
Other parts of the country are vastly different from each other on pricing due to availability of the pin. People don't bat an eye at paying $8,000.00 for a Monster Bash, so don't let these same people tell you yours is only worth $1500.00. I am going through the cabinet then the playfield on a full resto with Powder,leds,and mods and when she's done won't take anything less than $4000.00 for her or she stays.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Book has it at 1500 and ebay avg is 1600 minus the fee's. Third party's selling machines for someone else, I find the price is always higher then normal.

Just wondering where you find your e-bay data. I realize e-bay prices are usually high, but still a decent reference point. I have an App called pin-fo which shows e-bay averages, but does not tell how many sales make up the average. pin-fo shows: average of all sales for EATPM = 1,668, average of 2013 sales = 2,587

When I look in under "sold listings" on ebay it only has ~3 months of history.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I am going through the cabinet then the playfield on a full resto with Powder,leds,and mods and when she's done won't take anything less than $4000.00 for her or she stays.

When your done she will be a thing of beauty. Have fun.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Boston Pinball shows YTD May 2014 with 6 machines sold averaging $2,488

#50 9 years ago

Yeah,it's a lot more work than anticipated but a great hobby. 6 machines averaging $2,4888. There you have it,and those were probably just shopped on average too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 70.00
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-and-interest-elvira-atpm/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.