Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Tlamb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Anyone know the cost of a good RS playfield. Does anyone do repros? Or does anyone have one hanging around in good shape?

#2 10 years ago

I know of two people sitting on OEMs to someday put in their machines. Last I heard, they were both thinking right around $1500 in trade value. Neither will let the PFs go unless the machine goes too.

Good luck with your search.

#3 10 years ago

I have looked for a while and there are not many around. 1 guy offered to me for a crazy price IMHO.

Hard pressed to pay over 1k for a game that is only worth 2-2.5k

#4 10 years ago

A little food for thought.. just my opinion..

If you're going to go to the trouble of a playfield swap, the value of the game shouldn't figure into the equation. At least, not for me! You're doing it because it's a favorite game and you want to have one of the nicest examples in existence, that plays perfectly and looks better than new.

If you're willing to do a swap, and do it right, you are going to quickly exceed the value of most games in labor alone. What's an extra thousand bucks on a game you love?

Plus, a game with a restored or new playfield isn't an 'average' game - you've raised the bar on the value of the game. Your game is now one of the higher outliers in the value spectrum, just like a trashed example is one of the lower outliers.

#5 10 years ago

I have a friend that is having one clear coated and then he will sell it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I have a friend that is having one clear coated and then he will sell it.

Ask him how much not clear coated?

#7 10 years ago

John, I agree with your logic.

However, I would just prefer to find a game with a nicer pf for slightly more $$ rather than deal with paying top dollar for a NOS pf that will likely be inferior and need some work before clearcoat anyway.

for example >> I could buy a really nice RS for 2500 and fix and get the pf clearcoated that came with it...

or I could find a beater RS for 1800 and then spend an additional 1200 on a NOS pf that will still need work...

seems like I would be better off buying the nicer RS to start with and then restore that one?

#8 10 years ago

Well, sure, if you've got plenty of supply and choices to look at. There are always lots of considerations. If you aren't sure if you absolutely love a game, and just want to check it out, or enjoy it for awhile as-is, buy the nicest you can find for the dollar and enjoy it.

My thought was more of a situation where you have a game you love, or know you love a game, and it just has to be minty because you want it to be a forever keeper. Otherwise, I'm not doing the labor on a PF swap. I'm too meticulous. I don't want a playfield with so-so touchups, or a grade 'B' clearcoat job, I want the premium one, because I'm doing this once.

Depending on the situation, your mileage may vary.

#9 10 years ago

I have a Chris Hutchinson restored and cleared playfield that I might be willing to part with. Shoot me an offer. Shooter lane is painted a wood grain though, but looks fantastic.

CF

#10 10 years ago

I agree with you John! The more meticulous I get and the more I learn with each project, the more I realize that it is only worth doing on games that are KEEPERS and only worht doing to the best of my abilities at that time.

#11 10 years ago

I am the crazy guy. I offered mine up for $700.

http://s810.photobucket.com/user/tlamb04/library/RS%20Playfield?sort=3&page=1

My take. They are not currently being remade. You don't see nice examples (or any for that matter) out there that are not already in a game. The last one I saw sell was for around $1300, given it was touched and cleared already.

I know it isnt a steal of a price, but I dont think it is unheard of. Plus for $200-300 I would rather keep it as wall art.

I think John hit the nail on the head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-and-availability-roadshow-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.