DSC07547.JPG
DSC07544.JPG
DSC07543.JPG
DSC07542.JPG
DSC07541.JPG
DSC07539.JPG
DSC07538.JPG
imagesCA9BSQGK.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sure, I bet you can. $6k is not out or range for a true beater that needs the works. The OP was asking about one as he was describing in average condition not a true beater. I feel REALISTICALLY he should expect to pay $6500 for what he was asking about. A true blue beater needing the works could be had for $6000. Anything under that is just not REALISTIC. Possible? Sure, REALISTIC? No.
Can anyone guess the word of the day?

Sure it's realistic. If you can find and buy an AFM in average condition for under 6k then it becomes realistic and it has been done fairly recently. If you pay 5500 and spend 300 shipping in the us versus 5500 and 600 in shipping oversees you are still buying a 5500 dollar pin. If it's POSSIBLE and actually happens then it becomes REALISTIC. It's happened and that is what that buyers reality was no matter how difficult it may be for potential future sellers of AFM to swallow...and, according to a previous poster, that's just what we see online. It's harder to track the sales of average condition afm's that aren't bought HERE.

REALISTIC is what, in the end, the buyer's experience was...not what a seller or other ministers of pricing information on pinside proclaim their chances to be.

#51 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Like I said it is possible but sorry its not REALISTIC... sorry... NOT REALISTIC... sorry again.

Well it actually happened.

If someone priced their AFM in average condition at 18k, I doubt you would say a word about REALISTIC...in fact, I suspect if someone came out and said "that price is not REALISTIC, you'd jump on that poster yelling "PRICE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!" again...

When there's evidence of people paying less that 6k for an average AFM, you jump to the podium saying "FOLKS THIS IS NOT REALISTIC...MOVE ON, NOTHING MORE TO SEE HERE"...

It's like a pump and dump scheme.

#53 11 years ago

I think someone scoring an AFM below 6k probably is more realistic than winning the lotto. (:

2 years later
#80 8 years ago

My how things have changed....except Teekee being wrong.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Some things haven't changed. People still trying to artificially inflate the market daily.
If you are strictly buying on eBay or through Pinside ads, you will pay more than you will elsewhere. The truth of the matter is that the exposure dictates price. You have mass exposure in both of these outlets, with somewhat of a character/background check attached to it, you can ask about people here. So you pay a little more for that security, and if you don't have a network of pin buddies, then this is a good way to get a new pin safely. I'd recommend Pinside over eBay any day of the week of course.
The other 1/2 of the story is what pins actually sell for vs asking price. I Highly doubt the majority of pins sell for what people ask for them. I've sold 6 games in the last year alone as a smalltime hobbyist, not one sold for what I asked. Same goes for purchases I've made.
Once you have gotten into the hobby though and you make friends, you realize there are really good deals all over the place. You just cannot be so one game-specific and have to be available at any point to pick one up. It is not uncommon to stumble upon great deals all over from other pinhead friends. A 5k decent players AFM is not an impossibility at all, even a few years ago it wasn't.

Kind of my thoughts....to me...based on recent pinside sales, AFM is coming down to normal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-afm-1?tu=hawkeyepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.