DSC07547.JPG
DSC07544.JPG
DSC07543.JPG
DSC07542.JPG
DSC07541.JPG
DSC07539.JPG
DSC07538.JPG
imagesCA9BSQGK.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

What would be the average going rate of an unrestored attack from mars pinball machine that is fully functional? Considering there would be an average wear around the scoop, some cabinet fade, ect.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

7-7.5

Asked and answered a million times. Good luck with your purchase.

#3 11 years ago

I am surprised that they go for that much when you can buy one with a new micro playfield in it with mods, and so on for in the ballpark of 9-9.5

#4 11 years ago

7k here all day long.

#5 11 years ago

You can usually find a better deal, better bang for your buck on a fully restored AFM than you can a routed one...

#6 11 years ago

5-6k for a functional rout beater. Many people are trying to inflate the value of this fame because there were tons made AND people want it to Be a 10k pin so they can sell it to noobs for that price.

Only a high end recent restore by a master restorer should fetch 10k on the market.

#7 11 years ago

Pinball is getting expensive...

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

5-6k for a functional rout beater.

Can you please find me one for this?? Probably not... just try to be realistic. Can you possibly find one for this? Yes but not at all realistic. $6500 is realistic and $7000 might be closer to market.

#9 11 years ago

Roel sold a few in the low 5k range about a month ago here on Pinside

Edit: Asking $4900 and $5500 2 months ago
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-attack-from-mars-afm-2x

Asking $5750 one month ago
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-monster-bash-and-attack-from-mars

Asking $5700 last week
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-cirqus-voltaire-attack-from-mars

Who knows what they actually sold for

Quoted from teekee:

Can you please find me one for this?? Probably not... just try to be realistic. Can you possibly find one for this? Yes but not at all realistic. $6500 is realistic and $7000 might be closer to market.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

For a faded out blown out rout beater with play field wear? If someone paid 7k for that they should just get into a new hobby.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Many people are trying to inflate the value of this fame because there were tons made AND people want it to Be a 10k pin so they can sell it to noobs for that price

There's actually more MMs made than AFM, so not sure where your logic is going there.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

so this is realistic? He didn't sell a few in the $5k range either it was one or maybe two. Plus shipping and he's in The Netherlands... please keep price checks realistic.

#13 11 years ago

Sometimes people pay for impatience. 5-6k IMO.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

For a faded out blown out rout beater with play field wear? If someone paid 7k for that they should just get into a new hobby.

why? it's their money not yours...

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

There's actually more MMs made than AFM, so not sure where your logic is going there.

Yea, and 1/4 Iron Man's made compared to AFM's. It is not like AFM is a rare game; a huge number of them were made by today's standards.

There was a very nice AFM with no cabinet fade, no playfield ware and some LED's in it that was up for sale at the TPF for 8k . . . it did not sell.

People get all butt hurt when talking about AFM's value for some reason; most people base its value on that EBay sell that went for 8k last summer that many people thought was shill bidding. Anyway, I don't care, pay 7.5k for a blown out rout beater faded AFM.

#16 11 years ago

Just found 4 in the last 2 months...and those are ASKING prices. But why riddle this thread with facts...my bad

Asking $4900 and $5500 2 months ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-monster-bash-and-attack-from-mars

Asking $5700 last week
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-cirqus-voltaire-attack-from-mars

Quoted from teekee:

so this is realistic? He didn't sell a few in the $5k range either it was one or maybe two. Plus shipping and he's in The Netherlands... please keep price checks realistic.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

why? it's their money not yours...

Fair enough; I agree with that statement.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

again, if you can find me a fully functional AFM somewhere in the 5's I'll take it... be realistic! He didn't ask what you guys would like to pay he is asking what the TRUE going rate is. $6500 easily!

#19 11 years ago

Offers starting at $4500. I paid $6k for mine and overpaid by maybe $500-$1000. The seller could tell us what other offers came in in addition to mine. Y'all saw that whole transaction go down here. I never asked but assume I was high offer. Might just have been first

#20 11 years ago

Just found 3 in the last 2 months...and those are ASKING prices. But why riddle this thread with facts...my bad
Asking $5700 last week

One guy in The Netherlands... so this is the new realistic... Plus you take the shipping costs out of the equation. LOL... Not realistic... Sorry...

#21 11 years ago

I have been collecting in other hobbies for quite a long time, and this hobby is really no different.

The one thing I notice is that generally the people that price something on a high end of the spectrum is generally the individuals that own the game. Usually because that's what they have into it because they expect the market to sustain at that price point and don't want to take a hit financially for their investment if the market goes down.

On the other hand you have the people that do not own one and would like to own one at a price that suits them. Generally they are on the low end of the spectrum.

I think personally that AFM is a 5-6k game just because I don't own one. Then again I cant justify spending that kind of money on a pinball machine. Especially a used one that at that price point isn't in all that great condition. Not to mention the price point being nearly equal to what they sold for new.

Either way seeing peoples prices gives a general idea of what they truly are worth just by taking an average.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This is why people fill some pins have inflated values . . . a couple people either shill bid on EBay or some people are impatient here on pinside and suddenly people think 3,500 machines in their collection are worth 9k and they all reinforce each other's position on the point and then noobs read it and there you go.

IM, just as one example, is better and rarer than AFM and they are usually in DRAMATICALLY better condition unless the AFM was just restored by a master.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like an AFM in my collection. I think it is a really fun game. I had one on my wish list from 2009 till just a couple weeks ago when the AFMs I played at the TPF just didn't stand up to SM, AC/DC, IM, and Tron LE when jumping back and forth between the machines game after game for three straight days.

AFM is still a fun game though.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

again, if you can find me a fully functional AFM somewhere in the 5's I'll take it... be realistic! He didn't ask what you guys would like to pay he is asking what the TRUE going rate is. $6500 easily!

You are impatient.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You are impatient.

just realistic... I'll be patiently here waiting for you to find me one in the 5's... here in the States. Roel is a great guy and has provided a few guys here with great priced MM, MB and AFM's but he is not the new market sorry. I'll be waiting to buy that AFM in the 5's...

#25 11 years ago

6K for a machine that will need a new PF ,rebuilt cabinet and tons of other parts is what you can expect to pay for a AFM !

Deal with it or don't buy one !

#26 11 years ago

6K sounds about right

#27 11 years ago

Your 'opinion' is that it's not realistic yet the actual facts state otherwise. Which is pretty much the case in EVERY post you attempt to cheerlead in.

Of course I'm only stating the facts...that 4 were offered well below your $6500 opinion price here on Pinside (you called me out by saying 'it wasn't a few..it was 1, maybe 2' and I found 4) in the last 2 months... because I can't afford one (your typical response).

Quoted from teekee:

One guy in The Netherlands... so this is the new realistic... Plus you take the shipping costs out of the equation. LOL... Not realistic... Sorry...

#28 11 years ago

Your 'opinion' is that it's not realistic yet the actual facts state otherwise. Which is pretty much the case in EVERY post you attempt to cheerlead in.
Of course I'm only stating the facts...that 4 were offered well below your $6500 opinion price here on Pinside in the last 2 months... because I can't afford one (your typical response).

There's a difference between realistic and what's possible... just because its happened doesn't make it realistic! If he wants to make a deal overseas its possible. I'm not counting overseas deals because they really aren't realistic. Roel has done some pretty incredible out of the ordinary things in the past few months. His shipping cost is unbelievable and you won't find that from anyone else expect Roel. PLUS, only one of those AFM's were in the 5's. You have to add in shipping costs with his since your not going to pick them up. So to be Factual Roel's AFM's were $5400, $6000, $6250 and $6200. Nice deals!

BE REALISTIC...

#29 11 years ago

Damn..and your trying SOOO hard too.

Kinda disappointing

I find it interesting you know exactly what those games sold for...cuz of course everything sells at asking price on Pinside right? I also find it interesting that you included shipping. The OP asked for a price check on a AFM..not a price check on an AFM + shipping. The ASKING prices were $4900, $5500, $5700 and $5750

Let me help you out

re·al·is·tic (r-lstk)
adj.
1. Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are:

Guess what...'as they really are.' Well..it REALLY happened. Doesn't get any more realistic than that

Quoted from teekee:

There's a difference between realistic and what's possible... just because its happened doesn't make it realistic! If he wants to make a deal overseas its possible. I'm not counting overseas deals because they really aren't realistic. Roel has done some pretty incredible out of the ordinary things in the past few months. His shipping cost is unbelievable and you won't find that from anyone else expect Roel. PLUS, only one of those AFM's were in the 5's. You have to add in shipping costs with his since your not going to pick them up. So to be Factual Roel's AFM's were $5400, $6000, $6250 and $6200. Nice deals!
BE REALISTIC...

#30 11 years ago

Edit: Asking $4900 and $5500 2 months ago
Asking $5700 last week
Who knows what they actually sold for

Actually, these are terrible examples. The over seas shipping killed the price on those. Had they been in USA I'd have bought both to flip. A routed one working with quick wipe down is an easy $7k here.

#31 11 years ago

Damn..and your trying SOOO hard too.
Kinda disappointing
I find it interesting you know exactly what those games sold for...cuz of course everything sells at asking price on Pinside right? I also find it interesting that you included shipping. The OP asked for a price check on a AFM..not a price check on an AFM + shipping. The ASKING prices were $4900, $5500, $5700 and $5750
Let me help you out
re·al·is·tic (r-lstk)
adj.
1. Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are:
Guess what...'as they really are.' Well..it REALLY happened. Doesn't get any more realistic than that

LOL, talk about someone trying hard! LOL! Its not working, we all know where the market is... and we're not talking about the market in The Netherlands! Hmmm, have you checked Nigeria? What are they selling for there? Check it out so you can tell us the market... LOL!

#32 11 years ago

I had 2 pins shipped in from the Netherlands VIA TNT to my door with liftgate for $605.

I didn't think it was too terrible. In fact probably on par with NAVL...or just slightly more depending on location.

Probably not enough wiggle room for a flip but decent prices if you're the end user

Quoted from markmon:

Actually, the over seas shipping killed the price on those. Had they been in USA I'd have bought both to flip. A routed one working with quick wipe down is an easy $7k here.

#33 11 years ago

I had 2 pins shipped in from the Netherlands VIA TNT to my door with liftgate for $605.
I didn't think it was too terrible. In fact probably on par with NAVL...or just slightly more depending on location.
Probably not enough wiggle room for a flip but decent prices if you're the end user

Yea for some reason it felt risky to send $10k out of the USA. I'm sure I'm not the only USA buyer that thought that way. In either case, an over seas sale isn't a good indicator of going rate.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

In either case, an over seas sale isn't a good indicator of going rate.

BINGO! Not realistic! BINGO!

Having said that Roel is not risky to deal with. He is a great guy and how he ships his pins so cheap is mind boggling! Again, not realistic even some might think now that NAVL should be shipping for $29.95...

#35 11 years ago

Of course it's not working...for you.

Facts are facts

Quoted from teekee:

LOL, talk about someone trying hard! LOL! Its not working, we all know where the market is... and we're not talking about the market in The Netherlands! Hmmm, have you checked Nigeria? What are they selling for there? Check it out so you can tell us the market... LOL!

#36 11 years ago

Yeah...I had that same concern also. Roel's obviously has a great rep here..and so did the guy I dealt with.

But it's always in the back of you mind as the transaction is transpiring

Quoted from markmon:

Yea for some reason it felt risky to send $10k out of the USA. I'm sure I'm not the only USA buyer that thought that way. In either case, an over seas sale isn't a good indicator of going rate.

#37 11 years ago

I paid $5600 for a roached one about 8 months ago and I feel I got a steal. If there is one in the US for under 5k (lol) as some people think there are let me know... Ill buy it instantly as I have a friend wanting one.

#38 11 years ago

Man I opened a can of worms not needed to be opened. lol

#39 11 years ago

People are looking in all the wrong places as usual. A lot of times networking can benefit you regarding the deals you get. If you know 50 pinball people, are in a league, go to shows, and have NON-ONLINE resources and a network to buy machines from, you can find games like AFM,MM,Monster Bash,Cactus Canyon, ect.,ect.,ect. for BELOW market value.

Patience is certainly a factor as well. It took me 2 years to find a mostly working Fireball for under 1,000 but I found one. It took a couple years for me to come up with an IJ for 2200 but I found one. Deals are out there but if you're looking on Pinside,E-bay, and Craigslist for your pins, then sure, you should certainly expect to pay 6.5K+ for a beat up AFM.

There is also a dramatic difference between retail price (which Pinside sellers seem to ask for most often when selling a machine) and the friend/league/op/broken+missing parts price. In almost every case, I don't choose to pay the retail price. I've only paid what I consider a retail price once from the 50 or so games I've bought in the last 8 years.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Man I opened a can of worms not needed to be opened. lol

This happens in almost every price check or for sale thread here.

#41 11 years ago

Just found 4 in the last 2 months...and those are ASKING prices. But why riddle this thread with facts...my bad
Asking $5700 last week

Yea, ask the buyer what he would sell it for? Can a deal be found? absolutely, but those are not the norm and if we put this into perspective, then MM should be $7k and MB should be down in the $4k price range.

Good luck to the OP on getting one.

#42 11 years ago

i posted a nice one for 7700 and only got an offer at 7k,
i would say 62-67, if you find one for less than 6k your lucky or took alot of time looking

#43 11 years ago

No you didn't..
Ask Teekee. They aren't available for under $6500

Actually I figured out why Teekee is such a price cheerleader. I just looked at his RGP account and he listed 14-16 high end pins for sale in just 4 months. They were all 'A' Williams (4MMs, 3MB, CC, CQ IJ, CQ SS) or NIB Stern LEs (LTBR, BIBLE, Wolverines, TF Combo) ..and a NIB Pro Tron. I weeded out the double posts or multiple post of the same machine...so that number is pretty accurate. There could very well be more as I only counted NIB listing once...when in fact there could have been multiples.

I actually lost interested to go any further. I see he listed 2 CCs in October also

I guess a hobby guy could list 15ish pins for sale in 4 months if he was getting out. I love to see a collection that had 4 MMs in it...or 3 MBs in just 4 months. Or one could draw a conclusion that maybe he's flipping high(er) end pins. I don't have a problem with the flipping part...but the non-stop cheerleading and bashing of other Pinsiders on their opinion on a price...is whats is annoying

That explains why he shows up in darn near every FS thread when someone questions a price.

And yes..I'm extremely bored at work today

Quoted from vbittnv:

I paid $5600 for a roached one about 8 months ago and I feel I got a steal. If there is one in the US for under 5k (lol) as some people think there are let me know... Ill buy it instantly as I have a friend wanting one.

#44 11 years ago

Ask Teekee. They aren't available for under $6500

Never said that... read my posts. I absolutely said its possible to find them for less. You seem to fail to understand this 'REALISTIC' approach to price checks. When someone asks for a price check I feel its best to give them a realistic answer. $6500 is very realistic and everyone knows that. As I said up top you can possibly find them for less. Just like you can possibly find MM for $8500 or BBB for $13000 but its NOT realistic! I don't know why you don't or can't understand that. I cannot help you anymore... Sorry!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

just realistic... I'll be patiently here waiting for you to find me one in the 5's... here in the States. Roel is a great guy and has provided a few guys here with great priced MM, MB and AFM's but he is not the new market sorry. I'll be waiting to buy that AFM in the 5's...

If you post in enough places that you want an AFM that needs a playfield and decals for 6k I would think you could find it. Laziness and impatience are a contributing factor to overpaying for pins. That and not knowing anyone that flips pins.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

5-6k for a functional rout beater. Many people are trying to inflate the value of this fame because there were tons made AND people want it to Be a 10k pin so they can sell it to noobs for that price.

I agree with that (even though I don't want AFM).

AFM quickly became "that pin" that everyone knows is overpriced but gotta have it anyways. If you look at Boston Pinballs Price Trending page at http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay_112112.htm, AFM is quite staggering: between the average of all sales of AFM and comparing it with 2012's AFM sales, AFM jumped 82% - in one year.

Good thing gas/crude oil doesn't follow that trend D: ...

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

This happens in almost every price check or for sale thread here.

Coincidentally enough, it only seems to happen in the "HOW MUCH...?" game threads.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If you post in enough places that you want an AFM that needs a playfield and decals for 6k I would think you could find it. Laziness and impatience are a contributing factor to overpaying for pins. That and not knowing anyone that flips pins.

Sure, I bet you can. $6k is not out or range for a true beater that needs the works. The OP was asking about one as he was describing in average condition not a true beater. I feel REALISTICALLY he should expect to pay $6500 for what he was asking about. A true blue beater needing the works could be had for $6000. Anything under that is just not REALISTIC. Possible? Sure, REALISTIC? No.

Can anyone guess the word of the day?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Between the activity here and at the FS $4k BSD thread, my guess is "gouge" ?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist (:. It was tongue-in-cheek/just kidding *flame suits on*.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sure, I bet you can. $6k is not out or range for a true beater that needs the works. The OP was asking about one as he was describing in average condition not a true beater. I feel REALISTICALLY he should expect to pay $6500 for what he was asking about. A true blue beater needing the works could be had for $6000. Anything under that is just not REALISTIC. Possible? Sure, REALISTIC? No.

Sure it's realistic. If you can find and buy an AFM in average condition for under 6k then it becomes realistic and it has been done fairly recently. If you pay 5500 and spend 300 shipping in the us versus 5500 and 600 in shipping oversees you are still buying a 5500 dollar pin. If it's POSSIBLE and actually happens then it becomes REALISTIC. It's happened and that is what that buyers reality was no matter how difficult it may be for potential future sellers of AFM to swallow...and, according to a previous poster, that's just what we see online. It's harder to track the sales of average condition afm's that aren't bought HERE.

REALISTIC is what, in the end, the buyer's experience was...not what a seller or other ministers of pricing information on pinside proclaim their chances to be.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Sure it's realistic. If you can find and buy an AFM in average condition for under 6k then it becomes realistic and it has been done fairly recently. If you pay 5500 and spend 300 shipping in the us versus 5500 and 600 in shipping oversees you are still buying a 5500 dollar pin. If it's POSSIBLE and actually happens then it becomes REALISTIC. It's happened and that is what that buyers reality was no matter how difficult it may be for potential future sellers of AFM to swallow...and, according to a previous poster, that's just what we see online. It's harder to track the sales of average condition afm's that aren't bought HERE.
REALISTIC is what, in the end, the buyer's experience was...not what a seller or other ministers of pricing information on pinside proclaim their chances to be.

When the only example you have is one guy in another country across the oceans, many lands and the seas... LOL, well... lol,

Like I said it is possible but sorry its not REALISTIC... sorry... NOT REALISTIC... sorry again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.50
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-afm-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.