DSC_0062_(resized).JPG
DSC_0056_(resized).JPG
DSC_0048_(resized).JPG
DSC_0043_(resized).JPG
DSC_0047_(resized).JPG
DSC_0034_(resized).JPG
DSC_0064_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Just curious what would be a good asking price for a Addams Family? Thinking about selling mine but haven't decided.

#2 7 years ago

You really need to include some high resolution photos of your TAF to get an accurate estimate of the game's value. Condition is king and some good high resolution photos will go a long way towards determining the value for your TAF.

Once you upload some photos you will likely get multiple responses regarding the value of your TAF.

Gord

#3 7 years ago

I'll post some photos later tonight.

#4 7 years ago

Photos do all the talking. Be sure to include the lower playfield.

2 weeks later
#5 7 years ago

I finally got around in getting some high resolution photos taken of the game. If any other photos are needed let me know I will take a picture of it.

DSC_0064_(resized).JPGDSC_0064_(resized).JPG

DSC_0034_(resized).JPGDSC_0034_(resized).JPG

DSC_0047_(resized).JPGDSC_0047_(resized).JPG

DSC_0043_(resized).JPGDSC_0043_(resized).JPG

DSC_0048_(resized).JPGDSC_0048_(resized).JPG

DSC_0056_(resized).JPGDSC_0056_(resized).JPG

DSC_0062_(resized).JPGDSC_0062_(resized).JPG

DSC_0063_(resized).JPGDSC_0063_(resized).JPG

DSC_0066_(resized).JPGDSC_0066_(resized).JPG

DSC_0041_(resized).JPGDSC_0041_(resized).JPG

DSC_0035_(resized).JPGDSC_0035_(resized).JPG

DSC_0040_(resized).JPGDSC_0040_(resized).JPG

DSC_0045_(resized).JPGDSC_0045_(resized).JPG

DSC_0046_(resized).JPGDSC_0046_(resized).JPG

DSC_0052_(resized).JPGDSC_0052_(resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

I would say around 4500-5000. Looks like it had some cabinet repairs done to it.

#7 7 years ago

5500-6000

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I would say around 4500-5000. Looks like it had some cabinet repairs done to it.

Also a broken topper, lock bar holes not only in the wood but in the coin door also. Side Rails have dents too. Far from 5500 - 6000

#9 7 years ago

Time will tell lol

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Also a broken topper, lock bar holes not only in the wood but in the coin door also. Side Rails have dents too. Far from 5500 - 6000

Don't forget that chunk of wood missing from the left side of the cabinet. Minor insert wear around the majority of the mansion inserts as well.

Re-import games don't fetch as much from collector's (some at least) - indicator is the coindoor. YMMV on how important this is. For me, I couldn't care less if re-import or not, but some collectors HAVE to have a US only game.

It is a nice example of TAF, but definitely not $5500-$6000+. Then again, it is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The topper is fair for its age. I had to take it off for the game to fit where it's at.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I agree with this and is in the ballpark for the condition

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Re-import games don't fetch as much from collector's (some at least) - indicator is the coindoor.

I can't see where you're getting that this was an export game from the coin door. As far as I knew, the two slot coin door where the slots are far apart is standard for TAF. It's why they came with those orange pricing stickers to put in that space between them. If it were a three slot door, I'd agree with you, but it's not. Furthermore, most, if not all export games came with the service power plug port removed or "blanked out", simply because most countries don't use not only our plug style, but also our power settings. This has the service port plug in it.

Is there something else I'm missing that shows that this game was exported?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I can't see where you're getting that this was an export game from the coin door. As far as I knew, the two slot coin door where the slots are far apart is standard for TAF. It's why they came with those orange pricing stickers to put in that space between them. If it were a three slot door, I'd agree with you, but it's not. Furthermore, most, if not all export games came with the service power plug port removed or "blanked out", simply because most countries don't use not only our plug style, but also our power settings. This has the service port plug in it.
Is there something else I'm missing that shows that this game was exported?

If I was wrong, then I stand corrected. OP has come back to this thread since my post and did not correct, so I'll let him clarify.

If I spoke out of ignorance, that was my bad, and Ill own it.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Minor insert wear around the majority of the mansion inserts as well.

I see no such wear.

I bought my TAF almost 3 years ago - it's not as nice as this one, and there were other buyers lined up to purchase it. The machine pictured is very nice compared to most out there, and IMO would have no trouble moving at $5500+. You can't find beater TAFs for much under 5k anymore.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

You can't find beater TAFs for much under 5k anymore.

There is a nice players sitting in canada at 4600 usd right now.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I see no such wear.
I bought my TAF almost 3 years ago - it's not as nice as this one, and there were other buyers lined up to purchase it. The machine pictured is very nice compared to most out there, and IMO would have no trouble moving at $5500+. You can't find beater TAFs for much under 5k anymore.

I was emphasizing the orange light shining through the black paint cracks in the third picture. Nearly any orange insert lit up in that picture has orange light shining through black paint cracks on the mansion.

I used the term loosely as I figured anyone who looked at that picture would catch that.

#18 7 years ago

5500 give or take a bit.

#19 7 years ago

5K it will sell in hours.

5500 it will take a while but will probably sell at or near that price

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If I was wrong, then I stand corrected. OP has come back to this thread since my post and did not correct, so I'll let him clarify.
If I spoke out of ignorance, that was my bad, and Ill own it.

No worries. B/W was far from consistent with these things in the factory back then. Heck, they even mismatched TAF Gold/Regular head and cabinets for a couple hundred games, too! That's a pretty big and noticeable thing to let get out the door, still wrong.

The only thing that will tell for sure one way or the other if it was an export or not is the serial number label.

#21 7 years ago

Throughout the machine are cointaker leds. Underneath it's pretty much the premium no ghosting leds. Probably due to the increased brightness compared to the incandescent bulbs there is light leak on the playfield.

Attached is a photo of the games serial number. Compared it to the ones registered on the ipsnd and it's s/n is right along with a bunch registered in the US. On the ipdb page for the game it's the same coin door. Same thing with others seen on Ebay with their coin doors.

Unless there is something that's missing I believe it's a domestic Addams Family.

20160608_001858_(resized).jpg20160608_001858_(resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

5500-6000 depending on how fast you want to sell.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

Unless there is something that's missing I believe it's a domestic Addams Family.

Yep. The 115V @ 60Hz is a dead giveaway.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Yep. The 115V @ 60Hz is a dead giveaway.

Well that's good. I think for now I am going to wait a while longer before I make a final decision. I contacted PPS earlier this week and it sounds like mmr will run through sometime in 2017 so i'll have time to think. Also time to think if I want to trade it instead for ones on my wish list.

Also give some time to make some changes for the better on the game to improve it overall.

#25 7 years ago

A guy sold a complete piece of garbage near me for 4600 less than a year ago

#26 7 years ago

With TAF, you're always safe. It will only lose it's value when all of pinball collecting loses value. It will always be one of, if not THE, most popular pins to collect of all time. Outside of it's great gameplay, the simple reason is because so many of them were made, more people out there got a chance to play it more than other titles and subsequently loved it back in the day. Now that they have a house and some extra money to make a game room, when they go looking for a pinball machine to put in it, a lot of people go looking for TAF.

At least, that's my theory. It's all I can come up with as to why the value of the highest-number-produced-of-the-modern-era game is still so stinkin' high. Kinda goes against a lot of supply and demand theories.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Looks like it had some cabinet repairs done to it.

Quoted from NPO:

Don't forget that chunk of wood missing from the left side of the cabinet.

Apparently not enough cabinet repairs were done. But it still looks like a nice game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-addams-family-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.