Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image-12.jpg
image-648.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Old style cabinet, stock, incandescent bulbs, 500 plays, no wear. Any thoughts on its value in the market today?

#2 8 years ago

$3700-$3900. Fast Ed?

#3 8 years ago

I gave mine up (HUO, LED's, ramp protectors, probably about 2000 plays) for $3800 in trade value a few months ago. I'd buy it back at that price, so that's the value to me anyways.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

$3700-$3900. Fast Ed?

There was a time when they were honestly $3600, but I think it's fair to think they got a bump when they stopped being made. Fact is you can't buy them NIB anymore, and under $4k for a way to get an ACDC that's still great, even though it's not the Premium ... that's got some compelling juice.

Put me down as $3700-$3900 too.

#5 8 years ago

You couldn't even pry my pro in exact condition as the OP is looking for for that low. We'll see but this game is just as good as the premium, so don't kid yoyrselfs.

#6 8 years ago

Someone in the Chicago area has a low play HUO in premium trim for sale at $5485.....or pro trim at $4885. Its been listed for a couple months.
I'm a potential buyer of a pro even though a premium is my preference. My interest drops off at prices over $4K. I still see the biggest detriment to this pin as the face of Angus on the playfield. Not an issue for some....others think it looks like it was beat with an ugly stick. I know one sees little of it during game play.....it still is butt ugly.

#7 8 years ago

The game is just as good as the premiums but it doesn't look or sound quite as good -hence the price. I've considered an ACDC pro, and my price point would be right at $4k to be interested. It's a great game, but it's got some competition with other recent sterns to contend with.

#8 8 years ago

Under $4k is about right and the ACDC Pro is still better than most of the games Stern has released the past few years (it's that good). When I was in the hunt for ACDC, I set my mind on the first local machine that came up...didn't matter which kind it was. Happened to be a Luci but I would have been just as happy with a pro (and have more money to spend later)

#9 8 years ago

So I was wrong....machine has LED installed, non factory.. So anyones opinions on price change? Is it fair to add a couple hundred to value because of LED?

#10 8 years ago

Here's my $3700 Pro.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Is it fair to add a couple hundred to value because of LED?

NO. And many will disagree with me (because I have said this many times before)....adding LED lights do not add value to the machine. Like adding stuff to a car, then expecting more for trade-in (and we are not talking about expensive things, as LED bulbs are cheap). Some argue....(use whining voice) "well it took a couple hours of my time to install them". Pssshhh, I put LEDs in mine, advertise them with LED's, then make a comment how that doesn't affect price on my own machine I am selling.

#12 8 years ago

^^^^^^^This

#13 8 years ago

I'd set my LED Pro on fire and watch it burn to the ground before giving it up for x < $4000. Bought it NIB from Tilt Amusements for $4800 as the prices started creeping up in February. Added the Pinball Refinery Canon with LEDs, ACDC Premium 3D train, 2 pre-amped equalizers with the external subwoofer and new speakers throughout the machine (no "kit" either - this was all hand-selected), installed El-Glo wires on the TNT box, Bass drum mod on the right ramp, shooter lane/ball eject/in lane cliffys, devil horns on top, and the ColorDMD.

Look, I get it, the "omg I can buy a game, play it, and then ask for $1000 more than what I paid for" days are over, but let's be a bit realistic here....don't expect to get the tastefully modded games like a treasure for a song.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here's my $3700 Pro.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Can I take it off your hands for $3700?

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here's my $3700 Pro.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

My comment was tongue in cheek. I'm in waaaaay past $3700. My point was that ACDCs have price points all over the place. As with all things, condition and timing are key.

And no, I'm not selling.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Look, I get it, the "omg I can buy a game, play it, and then ask for $1000 more than what I paid for" days are over, but let's be a bit realistic here....don't expect to get the tastefully modded games like a treasure for a song.

I just sold a Star Trek for $1000 less than I bought it for, because those are the days that I feel like are here now. That's with sales tax and shipping mind you, I think my price was fair, but I still "lost" that much on the sale.

Mods are what they are. Worth it to some people, not to others. My game had my translite and decal package, the Refinery custom light board, and a shaker motor. Buyer and I agreed that a $200 bump over normal market for all that was fair. Would it cost more to buy all that yourself? Sure. So it goes, you're never gonna recover all your mod money.

#17 8 years ago

Modded out pro kicks some ass. One of sterns greatest machines. Premium is cool, but the modded out pro with shaker and and amp is pretty mean machine.

#18 8 years ago

Get it if you can. Don't lose it over an extra $200 or so.

#19 8 years ago

I don't think you will find too many HUO ones at less than $4K - modded or not. Lots of buyers below $4K, still plenty of buyers in the low 4s depending on mods.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just sold a Star Trek for $1000 less than I bought it for, because those are the days that I feel like are here now. That's with sales tax and shipping mind you, I think my price was fair, but I still "lost" that much on the sale.
Mods are what they are. Worth it to some people, not to others. My game had my translite and decal package, the Refinery custom light board, and a shaker motor. Buyer and I agreed that a $200 bump over normal market for all that was fair. Would it cost more to buy all that yourself? Sure. So it goes, you're never gonna recover all your mod money.

You and I are in agreement. I'm just saying if someone thinks they're taking my $4800 NIB HUO game with that many mods off my hands for sub-$4000, I'm going to write a reality check that some people's emotional banks won't be able to cash.

#21 8 years ago

I sold my pro for 3,600.00 and it took 3 weeks to sell it. It had 125 games on it and the bell mod and both ramp stickers. When it did finally sell the price police started wineing about it. ( to high or to low ) you just can't please the price police, so then I call the waaaaambulance! Ed

image.jpgimage.jpg
#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I sold my pro for 3,600.00 and it took 3 weeks to sell it. It had 125 games on it and the bell mod and both ramp stickers. When it did finally sell the price police started wineing about it. ( to high or to low ) you just can't please the price police, so then I call the waaaaambulance! Ed

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ed, you bring this up all the time. This was a year ago maybe? You sold it at a price you felt was fair, and the buyer got a good deal. I know there were some folks who cried foul, but it's your game.

#23 8 years ago

I'm Starting to see the price climb because you can't get this game NIB anymore. I would expect it to be around 4k now

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What took you so long to post? I got a little worried for a moment.

#25 8 years ago

I paid $4k for my Pro in November of 2013. I doubt that the price has gone up on them since then. It's not made anymore but the fact is a lot of Sterns aren't made anymore and you don't usually see those rising in price, not the Pro models anyway. Everyone also wants the Premium. $3600 - $3900 seems reasonable to me, with the high end having some extra features (LEDs, mirror blades, etc). I think it's still a good game but it is missing a little bit of the charm without the extra Premium bling.

#26 8 years ago

Seems like there are many varying opinions. I guess it is worth what someone is willing to pay. I was thinking 4k for this one but seller wants 200 more. It is a difficult game to find, not many people letting go of them. Unless I am way off and someone is selling one, let me know.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Seems like there are many varying opinions. I guess it is worth what someone is willing to pay. I was thinking 4k for this one but seller wants 200 more. It is a difficult game to find, not many people letting go of them. Unless I am way off and someone is selling one, let me know.

Offer $4000 and if not pay the $4200 and get it done. If it is local even better. Just do it!

#28 8 years ago

I'd say 4K or so. Love my pro to death (I added a few touches), she's a keeper!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#29 8 years ago

$4200 is a pretty good buy IMO. Mine would be higher if I was selling but I'm a proud owner and have 2 others that would go first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-acdc-pro-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.