New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 192212)

Price check ACDC LTBR

By jorge5240

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I don't like these threads but I can't find any comps and I am possibly thinking of sellinbg my huo, original owner, train topper, pinbits lightning mod and band lighting mod.

#2 3 years ago

You're a good guy that deserves more than a hug if it's less than 12.5K. Very few come up for sale. Glws
-Mike

#3 3 years ago

How's the lower playfield? Most LTBR's i've seen were cloudy.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How's the lower playfield? Most LTBR's i've seen were cloudy.

Not horrible but not super clear. It was one of the last ones made so it seems to be better than some of the earlier ones made.

#5 3 years ago

Does anyone think the VE has a serious impact on price of this machine?
-Mike

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

No it's a LE. It isn't as sought after as the BIB but probably could still sell for 9-10k

#7 3 years ago

So it's the BIB that carries a 12.5 ish price tag?
I like them all. Always into ac/dc since jr high days. Free bump
-Mike

#8 3 years ago

$9k'ish sounds about right for LTBR.

#9 3 years ago

10.5 to 11. That's what I would want for mine sitting mg it the same spot since I opened it

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

10.5 to 11. That's what I would want for mine sitting mg it the same spot since I opened it

But you have a vested interest since you own one so naturally you would say that lol...

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

But you have a vested interest since you own one so naturally you would say that lol...

Find a perfect HUO LTBR for 9. Use also have a vested interest as a fellow that flips more pins than hours in a day.

Just saying....

#12 3 years ago

Are these estimates for the base game or inclusive of the mods?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Yes

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Find a perfect HUO LTBR for 9. Use also have a vested interest as a fellow that flips more pins than hours in a day.
Just saying....

Another wannabe comedian...so truly sad....

#15 3 years ago

9k is right without color DMD.

Quoted from hoby1:

Find a perfect HUO LTBR for 9.

Harder to find a buyer at 11 than finding a LTBR at 9.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

9k is right without color DMD.

Harder to find a buyer at 11 than finding a LTBR at 9.

Depends..... If you have an impeccable reputation for having perfect games that are 1 owner, true HUO, low play, zero flaws, some nice mods, with all paperwork and documentation with pics of opening, goodie bags and certificates still in original plastic, and be patent they do and will sell.

I had a few offers to sell mine at 10.5 and it still sits in the same spot I opened it NIB

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Depends..... If you have an impeccable reputation for having perfect games that are 1 owner, true HUO, low play, zero flaws, some nice mods, with all paperwork and documentation with pics of opening, goodie bags and certificates still in original plastic, and be patent they do and will sell.
I had a few offers to sell mine at 10.5 and it still sits in the same spot I opened it NIB

you shoulda sold it! No way you'll get anything near that now maybe 8500 if your lucky. Reruns coming and ltbr is too much like a standard 6500 acdc.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

you shoulda sold it! No way you'll get anything near that now maybe 8500 if your lucky. Reruns coming and ltbr is too much like a standard 6500 acdc.

What are the differences? A mirrored BG, laser-cut design in side armor, and a translucent red bottom arch - anything else?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

What are the differences? A mirrored BG, laser-cut design in side armor, and a translucent red bottom arch - anything else?

numbered plate: 1 of 200

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

shaker? Not sure if the Prem came with one.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Plus 12" sub, signed playfield , metal leg plates , Certificate , and shaker. Also just the fact that it's an LE

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I think your delusional.... HUO standards are selling for 7500. I'll take that bet, 10k with no effort at all

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Plus 12" sub, signed playfield , metal leg plates , Certificate , and shaker. Also just the fact that it's an LE

12" sub comes on all premium versions of AC/DC. Metal leg plates were also on early versions of AC/DC premium and can be added if wanted to any game for minimal cost asncan a shaker.

It just doesn't have the same package that the BIB offers and doesn't have enough variation from the standard premium to bring the kind of prices you are mentioning. I traded one away that was HUO mint for 9k value and that seemed like a very fair deal.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

12" sub comes on all premium versions of AC/DC. Metal leg plates were also on early versions of AC/DC premium and can be added if wanted to any game for minimal cost asncan a shaker.
It just doesn't have the same package that the BIB offers and doesn't have enough variation from the standard premium to bring the kind of prices you are mentioning. I traded one away that was HUO mint for 9k value and that seemed like a very fair deal.

I thought a 10" sub came on the premium ? All depends on your clients. I know guy who get 4k for EMs . I know for fact I would get minimum 10K any time I wish to put up.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I thought a 10" sub came on the premium ? All depends on your clients. I know guy who get 4k for EMs . I know for fact I would get minimum 10K any time I wish to put up.

Sounds like you should hook your 10.5K-offer clients up with the OP so he can sell his game, since yours isn't going anywhere...

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I traded one away that was HUO mint for 9k value and that seemed like a very fair deal.

I also thought it was very fair. I'd sell it today for $9000, if anyone is interested.

#27 3 years ago

I have LTBR #2. It would take $12,500 to pry it away.

#28 3 years ago

I prefer the overall art package of the LTBRLE over the premium/BIBLE/Luci. I regret not buying one of these NIB back in 2012. I was happy with the VE announcement. Waiting to see the new art and hoping Stern straightens out the QC issues. $9K is what I would expect to pay for a LTBRLE. So what's a NIB premium VE about $7K, and how much more would someone be willing to pay for a numbered plaque, unique side rails and real backglass?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

So what's a NIB premium VE about $7K, and how much more would someone be willing to pay for a numbered plaque, unique side rails and real backglass?

You never know. I sold my Black Spiderman for $8K. The market is driven by supply and demand, not BOM.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sounds like you should hook your 10.5K-offer clients up with the OP so he can sell his game, since yours isn't going anywhere...

Sometimes it's not about the buyer, its about the person selling it and what the buyer expects from him ..... just saying

#31 3 years ago

I owned a LTBR a few years ago and sold it for $9500. If you've never seen one in person, you may not get how great the package looks in person. The mirrored backglass and armor are awesome, 2nd to me only to BIBLE.

I would think a minty one today would go for $9500 easily. At $9K I'd jump all day long (I am not in the market right now for one though). There is just something special about the LTBR package and how it presents IMO.

Just my humble opinion on it... obviously there are a lot of factors that play into price (location, condition, how excited the buyer is, how badly the seller needs to move the game, etc.)

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I have LTBR #2. It would take $12,500 to pry it away.

It would appear you will have LTBR #2 for a very long time which isn't a bad thing.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It would appear you will have LTBR #2 for a very long time which isn't a bad thing.

Maybe. I've passed on an offer just short of that already but space limitations mean I won't keep it forever. But its not a bad pin to be stuck with.

#34 3 years ago

why does the second playfield plexi get so cloudy? I'm sure it's a pain to get the bottom playfield off. The only ACDC I've seen, is near my house and the bottom playfield looks horrible, the rubbers are about gone. Once you loose the ball, it doesn't kick it out again. you have to wait till the timer zero's out.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

why does the second playfield plexi get so cloudy? I'm sure it's a pain to get the bottom playfield off. The only ACDC I've seen, is near my house and the bottom playfield looks horrible, the rubbers are about gone. Once you loose the ball, it doesn't kick it out again. you have to wait till the timer zero's out.

I haven't had to remove it for a while, but as I recall its not hard at all.

They were shipped cloudy. Something to do with the clearcoat and the plastic I believe. My window is not bad at all, but have another playfield signed by Ritchie still in a box. Its clear.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

4 or 5 screws and half a dozen plugs and the lower playfield comes out. I take mine out on average once a year to clean n renew things.
Opto across the bottom playfield that see the ball drain probably dirty, lots of build up around that area.
I heard the cloudiness is something to do with the rollers running over the playfield before the clearcoat goes down, something like that.

#37 3 years ago

I was thinking about getting a vault, I don't have any games with an under playfield. the somewhat scheduled upkeep on games with upper-playfields can be a pain in the ass. about to put another few out on location and I'd rather steer clear of pain in the ass games that are difficult to keep clean, good to know it's doable.

1 week later
#38 3 years ago

I'm considering selling my #199 LTBR. Just purchased a new AFMr so the AC/DC might go on the block. Just not playing it very much. Sweet game, original owner, minty clean, just need my arm twisted. Vance

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Re-runs? Those have zero impact until they're shown. Will they have the larger sub? Powder coated lollipop rails? Ghosting? Issues with the clear window? Different 2017 parts that make the game play with a more hollow feeling?

There are so many unknowns. The original premiums were decently well built and feel good in the hands. Nice wooden back boxes... they're a proven. Not to mention that you can get a fully modded HUO with a color DMD right in the high-6s to Low-7s. Stern is going to make a 2017 version that will begin selling at the price without any of the great visual mods that so many owners have added on to the games that already exist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside