Price Check - AC/DC

By ThreeAmigos

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey, wanted to reach out to the community to gauge the price or price ranges for the AC/DC pinball machine
1) Premium and 2) LE pinball games (both versions).

I have viewed a few and wasn't sure what a fair price should be.

Thanks,
Jay

#2 8 years ago

FWIW, I sold a HUO Premium with a few minor mods a couple months ago for $6400.

#3 8 years ago

Seems like the Premium is selling anywhere from $6200-$7200 depending on condition and mods...and location. Obviously the higher end of that scale would have things such as color DMD, etc. This is one game that could have upwards of $1K+ in mods installed.

The LE's are worth quite a bit more...thousands more.

#4 8 years ago

$5,000 - $5,500

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seems like the Premium is selling anywhere from $6200-$7200 depending on condition and mods...and location.

I've been pondering selling or trading my TaF to pick up an AC/DC LE and this is what I have seen as well.

Could have picked up an LE for $1k less a year ago, but I didn't know how awesome the game was.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I've been pondering selling or trading my TaF to pick up an AC/DC LE and this is what I have seen as well.
Could have picked up an LE for $1k less a year ago, but I didn't know how awesome the game was.

A year-plus ago you could find a Premium in the $5400-$5800 range...no doubt about it. Its market value has really kicked-up a few notches.

Letting the TAF go has gotta be a touch choice. It's such an awesome classic!

#7 8 years ago

I sold a mint HUO stock 30 days ago for 6300.

#8 8 years ago

Premium model

#9 8 years ago

Prem $6500-$6800
LTBR $8000-$8700
BIBLE $9200-$9800
Luci $6800- $7300

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

If you recall someone tried to tell you.

#11 8 years ago

I'm looking for a premium in the $5500-$6500 range depending on mods but premium listings are $6500-$7500 depending on mods.
Actual values they are selling at I'm not sure.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Prem $6500-$6800
LTBR $8000-$8700
BIBLE $9200-$9800
Luci $6800- $7300

This^^^
Although I will add that location plays a factor and Regular Premium is a bit lower for a quicker sale. They sit at $6400-$6500 (may sell eventually)

Still looking for a Luci if anyone is reading this..

#13 8 years ago

I would say $5800-$6200 stock for a huo one. Add more for mods. It is a great game.

#14 8 years ago

Not sure of the price difference between the early premiums with the cloudy window vs newer clear window. I still like the LTBR the best. Hope to pick one up locally someday.

#15 8 years ago

AcDc to me was a big step forward for Stern, I know they were making good IM and Tron before, but AcDc and later Metallica were both terrific pins, I especially love the rules of AcDc now that I've read them over like 5 times, I think I know what the heck I should be trying to accomplish.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Letting the TAF go has gotta be a touch choice. It's such an awesome classic!

I change my mind every day...

Quoted from bintzknocker:

If you recall someone tried to tell you.

Yeah yeah yeah....

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I sold a mint HUO stock 30 days ago for 6300.

This is probably pretty spot on for a bone-stock HUO.

For buyers looking at games with pinbits lightning bolts, shaker, speaker upgrades, alt translite, color dmd, drum mod, cannon mod, speaker lights, etc.... it's easy to see how this game can quickly begin to approach high 6's to low 7's.

#18 8 years ago

Anyone selling an HUO BIBLE for under 10k is cheating themselves... having said that if anyone has an HUO BIBLE for sale for under 10k please contact me!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

AcDc to me was a big step forward for Stern, I know they were making good IM and Tron before, but AcDc and later Metallica were both terrific pins, I especially love the rules of AcDc now that I've read them over like 5 times, I think I know what the heck I should be trying to accomplish.

I agree. The premium/LE version is a really solid - loaded - pin that really fires on all cylinders. My favorite Stern. I think that's one of the reasons its value is climbing... these versions of the game have found their way to folks that enjoy and appreciate it for what it is.

When I read folks saying "I just can't get into this game"...my first reaction is that they don't understand the scoring rules and what they're trying to accomplish. If you just bang the ball around to hit the song shots, it's going to get boring quick. If you have some strategy and understanding what you're building toward... it's awesome. About a week ago (first time ever) I hit a super jackpot with 3X playfield... what a pinball rush! I could probably play the game 1,000 more times and not have that scenario happen again.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Prem $6500-$6800
LTBR $8000-$8700
BIBLE $9200-$9800
Luci $6800- $7300

Sold my BIBLE about a year ago for $13,500 in less than a week. Bought a Pro thinking I'd mod it out (which I have). Still fun, but I think I'll need to find a Premium soon. Miss those drop targets

#21 8 years ago

IMO the rules are almost too complex until I really took the time to read the rules I didn't know what I was supposed to do. If it was not for the well written rule documents out there I'd still be lost. I played it on a superficial level it was still fun, but once I started to understand the deeper rules it went from playing checkers to chess.

I like how each song has different modes.

I also like how you don't need to play a 30+ minute game to have a great game. With PotC for example if I don't at least get to Davey Jones, it's a disappointment every time.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IMO the rules are almost too complex until I really took the time to read the rules I didn't know what I was supposed to do. If it was not for the well written rule documents out there I'd still be lost. I played it on a superficial level it was still fun, but once I started to understand the deeper rules it went from playing checkers to chess.
I like how each song has different modes.
I also like how you don't need to play a 30+ minute game to have a great game. With PotC for example if I don't at least get to Davey Jones, it's a disappointment every time.

Pinball with the Pros is probably the easiest way to get a grasp on what to do...

2 weeks later
#23 8 years ago

Thanks for all the help.

#24 8 years ago

it will be released again soon so just buy a new in box one. it will be same price as it was new at first release as before.
no need to overpay for a used one.

#25 8 years ago

Like everyone is saying, don't overpay. Stern is in business to make money, and they know there is a current demand. The upcoming tour has put the AC/DC marketing in overdrive, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next (a new "tour edition" as rumored).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.