Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by emo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I might buy one or more pins and I want to offer a fair price. Lets assume that the games are 100% working with some PF wear and cabinet dings scratches etc. Seawitch, Sorcerer, Xenon, Black Knight, Centaur, Embryon, Cybernaut, Freefall, Quicksilver, Galaxy. If you have any opinions on these games please let me know. The only games Ive played from this list are BK and Galaxy. Really I'm looking for the fair avg market value for these not the bargin steal of a deal price

#2 12 years ago

bostonpinball.com & the archive lookup on here will be a good starting point

#3 12 years ago

If you can get Centaur at a decent price GET IT! Restored games are up close to $2000 now. It's a great game from that era. One of the best Ballys.

#4 12 years ago

They're going to range in price, but the most expensive is Centaur followed by Black Knight.

As Shock said, Centaur's are bumping 2K. A decent BK is 1.2K. A Xenon or Embryon around 900 to 1K. The rest are $600 to $700 depending on condition.

If any of the ones you are looking at that deviate from those prices by alot then jump on it, assuming cosmetics aren't completely blown.

I'd also rate the games in that order too...Centaur is just stunning and a good overall package. Probably not 2x the playability of the other games, but coupled with the artwork it's a great machine. BK is an all time classic and you can't go wrong. You can always sell it quickly if you tire of it. Xenon is another one with great art and sounds and the play is decent. Embryon is a widebody which may or may not suit you. Also great art. The rest are all about the same in play and desireability, IMHO...I'd give Sorcerer the edge for the rest of the pack...Basically a Firepower II but much much better. I see alot of seawitches so not that scarce. Less so the other titles.

Now if it were me, and all those titles were available from the same person, I'd buy them all Flip the ones you don't like, keep the ones you do.

#5 12 years ago

Yea I was thinking something along those lines. Id love to buy them all but if I did Id be shot dead as I pulled up into the driveway by my fiance lol. Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure Ill come away with anything at the moment. The correspondence seems to have stalled.

#6 12 years ago

Havent seen any Seawitches out here, shes on my witch list..

#7 12 years ago

Can't advise you on prices but I know that Sterns are both rarer and cheaper here in the UK.
I can give you opinions though.

Seawitch and quicksilver are nice fast drop target games but my favourite of that type is Stargazer which you haven't mentioned. Cheetah is also worth a look.
Galaxy is a nice game but doesn't have the replay value of those mentioned. Freefall is a nice game but is slow and open compared to the rest. I would also consider Flight 2000 if you find one.

My favourite Sterns are Flight 2000, Lightning, Stargazer and Big Game

See here: http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/sterndesign.html

Sorcerer is a really nice game but is fairly easy for me.
Xenon is just awesome. The game play is simple but challenging but the sounds and lamp show build up the tension in a way that keeps me coming back to it.
Black Knight is great but it is a bit like Black Knight 2000 in that once you master the shots it becomes a bit tiresome-great Steve Ritchie flow.
Centaur always amazes me its a fantastic game. Great rules that can be tampered with by changing the MPU switches. 5-ball multi-ball awesome lights and sounds and it even has a touch of flow. You can set the MB so that it acts like an add-a-ball
Embryon is really nice to look at but gets kind of boring for me. Sterns Iron Maiden is better.
I don't like Cybernaut. The playfield always feels cramped, the sound is poor and all the above games are better IMHO.

You did ask

#8 12 years ago

Great descriptions emo. How do you set Centaur mb to work like Add a Ball? Dip switch I assume, but do recall the name of the option?

#9 12 years ago

I can't remember the settings but you can get it to add balls by lane changing and lighting all 4 in/out lane lights or by knocking down the central drops and releasing. It can make multi-balls last quite a while if you can hit the shots. The dip switch settings effect how easy it is to do.

Most of the early 80's games can be tweaked to suit the owner. Paragon is another game that can be made really interesting by checking the switch possibilities and changing the rewards you get for completing features.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 169.00
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-80s-ss-and-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.