Monster_w-_LED_s.jpg
Monster_Bash.jpg
Monster_Bash.,.jpg
MB--_Look-n_Good_!!!.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Less than 500 plays on both machines
HUO
Both in working, un shopped, un LED'd shape
(Dont bother looking, its a friend selling them to me.)

High Speed 2 : The getaway
Monster Bash

#2 12 years ago

Oh, I'm searching...!!!!!!! Thanks.

#3 12 years ago

If the description is accurate, I would go up to 2000 on HS2. Though, without LED's I change my mind and say more like $1800

I have no idea on a Monster Bash.

You have cool friends.

Post edited by The_Gorilla : no LEDS price

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

If the description is accurate, I would go up to 2000 on HS2.

+1. I know where you can get a fully restored HS2 for $2200.

#5 12 years ago

You see really nice, high-end restoration MBs listed all the time for $10,000+, but you never really see them being snapped up at those prices. If it is really under 500 plays and documented HUO, I would think he would have no problem getting $8500 on it, though.

#6 12 years ago

HUO low play pristine condition MB I wouldn't be surprised to see going for $6,500 and up even to the range gambit indicated above. No matter if it is shopped or not.

#7 12 years ago

500 is a very low amount of plays for those games, particularly in the case of HS2 which is nearly 20 years old. Because of this, it puts them into rare territory, and they rightfully should command top dollar. This is assuming, of course, that they are in good cosmetic and mechanical condition. Given the low amount of plays, there should be virtually no playfield wear at all. If there is, I'd question how accurate that 500 plays figure is. If I were selling these to a friend, I would probably ask $2,000 for the HS2 and at least $6,500 for the MB.

#8 12 years ago

If I had a 500 play MB that was documented HUO, I would ask no less than 10K and I would get it !

Some of you guys are a little out of touch with your low prices !

Jim

#9 12 years ago

Or you are out of your mind with yours. There are 10k+ pins restored cc/mb, bbb, etc etc.

As for what I would pay? 6500-7000ish sounds fair. You might get 10k if you sell it, but there is no telling. A lot of folks might say they would buy one, but I doubt they have that kind of cash.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

If I had a 500 play MB that was documented HUO, I would ask no less than 10K and I would get it ! Some of you guys are a little out of touch with your low prices !

First of all, I would never pay $10,000 for a HUO MB when I could have a high-end restoration for the same price. I'll admit that I may have been a bit low on the MB price, but I still think $2,000 is an accurate price for the HS2. Bear in mind, the OP stated that he is buying these from a friend. The price I would give to a friend and what I think I could actually get for it on the open market are two completely different things.

#11 12 years ago

Who would own a MB for x number of years, and only play it less than 500 times?

I think I passed that number in a month.

Could be like those people who buy a super expensive guitar, to have it sit in the corner getting dusty. "I started to take lessons, got bored and have not touched it since." As I drool over it.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I could have a high-end restoration for the same price

Do you know what it cost the have a high end restoration done ? if so do you mind letting us know ?

Lets say you bought a routed MB for 6500 and sent it off for restoration ,if you add labor plus parts how much would you have into the game ?

Jim

#13 12 years ago

One thing you may not be thinking about, high end collectors want special machines ! Anyone and I mean anyone ,can buy a restored pinball machine! How many collectors can have a 500 play HUO MB in their collection ?

I stand by what it would sell for, if offered up to the rest of world !

Friends and worth do not go together.

Jim

#14 12 years ago

What does a high end restoration costs? I've never actually heard anybody say for sure. Does it matter if the pins in bad shape or not, or do they just go over the whole thing regardless and it costs what it costs? I would never pay for a full on restore personally, as I like to do most of the work myself, but I would like to see price estimates. Most of the high end restores look better than new, if that's even possible.

#15 12 years ago

I'm taking a guess here: 6K for MB, 2K for HS2

#16 12 years ago

Well I happen to know what a High end restore cost from most of the top guys . The only part that matters about condition is how much needs to be replaced and that adds up quick!

Here is my handy work .

https://picasaweb.google.com/honda350r/JFSAFMAndMB?authkey=Gv1sRgCIvq_53avY2X6QE

and

https://picasaweb.google.com/honda350r/TotanFinal

I think these are better than new but not rare .

Jim

#17 12 years ago

I am in the process of collecting parts for a high end restore on my TAF. It is going to be spendy. I started with a $3K TAF, and have bought a new Cruzman PF ($1000), new ramps($160), new plastics ($200), new coin door ($99), new target set ($77), new black legs ($50), topper ($155), thing hand ($55), electric chair $(50), and full color matched LED set ($150 or so in bulbs). That just has me a pile of parts. Now I am paying to have the PF swapped over, all parts tumbled and novus'd, all new washers and nuts installed, the cabinet repaired and touched up, the apron screen touched up, lighting mods installed, etc.... Probably looking at another $1500 in labor alone.

That said, if you can get your hands on that HUO MB fo $6500, call me as soon as you have it, and you will make the quickest return over investment you have ever had.

#18 12 years ago

I will pay 8k right now for that MB if it the real deal and flip for 10K .. Seriously ..

#19 12 years ago

Well Jim, I have to admit that is some very impressive work. How long does a game take you to do? Looks like a hundred hours easy.

Quoted from McCune:

Well I happen to know what a High end restore cost from most of the top guys .

How much?

#20 12 years ago

Thanks Honch ! Hundreds of hours and cost a ton in parts and labor.. I won't give a exact amount but it is more than the HUO I am willing to pay 8k for .

There is so much work in my pins that most will not see the details . I am doing another MB right now and it will ridiculously clean and new and probably my best to date .

Jim

#21 12 years ago

Honda.....AMAZING work. Seriously. Nuff' said.

#22 12 years ago

I bought my MB for $ 3100.00 ( 4-Real , I stole it ) It was a 1 Owner , but the Owner was a vendor.. The P/F was Beautiful !! No Drac- Track wear , I did install a cliffy at the Mosh pit Hole, had to putty it also.. ... It was on C.List for a month for $ 5K.. I waited till the next month when he droped it to $ 4500.00 .. The cab- decal's around each leg was Peal-n off.. With cab- protector's the damage was gone.. I Pimped it out w/ CoinTakers Led's , then I grew tired of it in a month.. As w/Most !!

MB--_Look-n_Good_!!!.jpgMB--_Look-n_Good_!!!.jpg Monster_Bash.,.jpgMonster_Bash.,.jpg Monster_Bash.jpgMonster_Bash.jpg Monster_w-_LED_s.jpgMonster_w-_LED_s.jpg

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

First of all, I would never pay $10,000 for a HUO MB when I could have a high-end restoration for the same price.

I have a High End Pin (HEP) by Chris Hutchins, and some games restored by Jim.

Sorry, you can't get a true high-end restoration for that price.

#24 12 years ago

B_R you can't post because you get too many good deals .. I have bought two Mb for less than three grand ! Those days are long gone and beaters sell for over 5 K ..

Jim

#25 12 years ago

Point is for the top price A listers there is no real solid basis to value them.

Supply and demand, supply and demand.

#26 12 years ago

The cab- decal's around each leg was Peal-n off.. With cab- protector's the damage was gone.. I Pimped it out w/ CoinTakers Led's , then I grew tired of it in a month.. As w/Most !!

I was the one that bought that game off of B.R. 18 hours round trip, totally worth it. Here is a pic of the cabinet after the touch up I had done. It's not perfect but it 's a nice improvement. At the time I thought I might have overpaid ( really didn't care if I did) but now it's looking like a steal with these current prices.

DSC_0003.JPGDSC_0003.JPG DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0001.JPG

#27 12 years ago

damn need to find me a deal like thaty

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I have a High End Pin (HEP) by Chris Hutchins, and some games restored by Jim.

Sorry, you can't get a true high-end restoration for that price.

Interesting. I was thinking about having Treasure Cove do an MB for me about a year ago. At the time, Allen quoted me $8,500 for a fully restored one with a clearcoated playfield. Now I'm not saying that he does as good of work as Chris or Jim, but it would definitely be considered a high-end restoration. I realize prices have gone up a lot since then, but I figured $10,000 would be about what they go for these days. Apparently, I was wrong.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Interesting. I was thinking about having Treasure Cove do an MB for me about a year ago. At the time, Allen quoted me $8,500 for a fully restored one with a clearcoated playfield.

Surmising there must have been some miscommunication there from Treasure Cove Gweempose; as restored high end MMs run about 16K total. Thinking Allen's figure to you didn't include the base game (and was for parts and his labor only). There's about a 3K difference between MM & MB base games; so 16 - 3 = 13; 13 - 5 for a MB base game = 8 (or approximately the $8500 in question).

I'd say that 500-play HUO MB is easily a five-figure machine.

Don't know about that HS2. That's a good question; it's in that grey area: inherently a fairly low-priced machine, but HUO mint...so how high of a premium?

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

I'd say that 500-play HUO MB is easily a five-figure machine.

Don't know about that HS2. That's a good question; it's in that grey area: inherently a fairly low-priced machine, but HUO mint...so how high of a premium?

+1 Totally agree ! I would love to see some pictures of this mystery MB with 500 plays on it .

Heck,I'd like to see the HS2 as I love original low play pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.