20240412_202742 (resized).jpg
20240412_202714 (resized).jpg
Pinside_archive_84_21371 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg
DSCN9287 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (5 years ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (5 years ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (4 years ago)

Post #2587 Link to 3D printed parts available from HHaase. Posted by HHaase (4 years ago)

Post #2590 Link to 3D printed parts by Swinks, available at Shapeways. Posted by swinks (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems to be just the shadow causing the green. We shall see.

this - it does not appear to be holographic

#2743 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Good points and now my bet is on silver. But with a 3 week turnaround wanted to cover both angles!

I own a printing company. Send me specs and artwork and I will quote. Appears to just be a silver BOPP material with 2 color print. Do you have a spec sheet?

3 week turn seems long for something like this

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A printing company, huh ? Do you do silk screen printing, too ?

we do silk screen shirts and clothing. For plastics and stuff like that we UV printer and full laser cut/router we can cut things to shape

1 month later
#2902 4 years ago

my nine ball has no lockdown bar. Do classic sterns have a specific style?

#2930 4 years ago

need a lockdown bar if anyone has a extra

#2932 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Fin, nub or widebody.

for nine ball, nothing fancy just need one

1 month later
#3107 3 years ago

project Nine Ball Value? great backglass, solid cab, playfield has some wear down in the lower middle, every present except lockdown bar. It will be probably a year before I get to it so testing the waters. If it has real value i will sell, if not then I will keep it.

3 months later
#3530 3 years ago

what would cause very low volume with pot turned all the way up?

#3533 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

if you have another machine nearby, definitely try the POTS, not common but that is exactly what the problem was on My 9B.

I looked around at usualy spots, where can a POTS be found for purchase?

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I looked around at usualy spots, where can a POTS be found for purchase?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/E-599-19

will this one work?

#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Wasn't there also "electronic cleaner" spray you could spray on and turn the pot to help clean the contacts? Or am I thinking of something else.

I have heard of people dropping alcohol on it and spinning it back and forth for a bit.

#3541 3 years ago

anyone ever convert a flight 2000 over to big game? I have a fully populated BG playfield and access to a project flight. Just wanting to pick your brain for a second.

#3545 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The displays are in different locations so he’ll have to make a light board and he might have to lengthen the display wiring harness.
Do they both use the two sound board set up?

yea the credit and ball displays are for sure in different spots. I might could just cut a new light board. I think all the boards are the same.

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

MPU200 style should really be called offset 2nd generation instead, as the first games did not have this style (meteor, galaxy, ali). Sometime during the production of Big Game it changed from the flat Chicago coin 1st gen style to the offset style pictured.

Yep, I have a big game with offset and a populated playfield with 1st gen.

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I was going to say... the PF harness, 5 banks drop target would be a challenge to get if it was an unpopulated PF Who are you using for PF resto?

we use Keith Holbrook, he has done complete games and playfields for me and does really nice work.

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone else got big game In lanes that look like this
[quoted image]

my working BG does not, but I just checked my extra populated BG playfield i got and it has these.

1 week later
#3713 3 years ago

Second ups package with destroyed product this week

20200819_121335 (resized).jpg20200819_121335 (resized).jpg
#3719 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have shipped a back glass. From what I can see in your pic, that one looks like it was not packed well, at all.

Correct. Not very well

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

That would piss me off, and Dracula is not an easy title to find. Was that a BGresto glass.

No, just a decent original. it sucks

2 weeks later
#3740 3 years ago

Can a replacement catacomb bagatelle ball be purchase anywhere?

#3753 3 years ago

what is everyone doing for new legs? Using Bally?

I have a spare set I can get powder coated, but just wondering what you guys are doing.

#3771 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Quoting this from sr230cc a few pages back because I'm helping a friend set up his Galaxy, and the lane guides aren't even close to a smooth transition to the flipper, and I want to get this playing right. Is it common to make modifications for a smooth transition, like slotting the lane guide holes or something?
[quoted image]

are they bally flippers? I had bally on my big game and was causing terrible ball hop. There is actually considerable size difference in the early bally and early stern flippers.

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:You are 12. I'll buy a pair for 14.

I will take a pair to keep as backups.

2 weeks later
#3844 3 years ago

I got a extra lockbar off a Dracula if someone is in need. It has the post not the fin.

#3845 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I got a extra lockbar off a Dracula if someone is in need. It has the post not the fin.

sold

4 weeks later
#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I picked up a Stern Stars but unfortunately it was missing the lockdown bar. Searching this post it seems like this isn't a unique problem. I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to read through all the discussion on this but it sounds like there are some alternatives (?) to replacing the adjustable pin type bar.
Nevertheless I'll throw my hat in the ring as well if anyone has a extra pin style lockdown bar they're willing to sell or have seen up for sale anywhere.
Thanks

just have to watch Ebay daily. They pop up every month or so. They are not cheap. I just got $100 for a extra pin style I had laying around.

1 month later
#4342 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I also found not over tightening
the screws going through the
Posts holding bracket helped .
Just keep playing with it.....
That's what she said. haha
Good luck.

this

2 weeks later
#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Looking for a classic stern outhole ball kicker assembly. I should have realized I needed one of these along time ago. Any help in finding an assembly, or another alternative would be appreciated.
Bally style assembly won’t work, but would a Gottlieb? They look somewhat similar, but IDK.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-classic-stern-outhole-ball-kicker-assembly#post-6055090

I might still have one. I sold 2 boxes of stern parts and I have 1 box left. I will try to remember to look tonight

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

They switched to the red plastic saucer for Magic and every game (that either had a saucer or multiball) has that style. That eBay listing is correct but overpriced, it's not a super uncommon part. There were 3 or 4 of them used on Lightning alone. I think Gottlieb parts do work in a pinch. If woody76 doesn't have one I can check the parts I actually got from him since they were Big Game parts.

I forgot to look last night. There is a good chance you got it in your box.

1 week later
#4478 3 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Yes getting the ball rolling on Big Game. More details to follow.

great news. Big Game is my keeper stern.

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Yes getting the ball rolling on Big Game. More details to follow.

I have a spare original playfield if that helps

#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from MMGB:

My Stars has a missing lockdown bar. Well, to be specific, it’s missing the portion of the lockdown bar that attaches to the receiver. Wondering if anyone has replaced the lockdown bar and receiver on Classic Sterns with something available from pinball part suppliers? If so, what works and where do you buy? [quoted image]

If you want to use the original bar. Call Terry at Pinballlife.com, he sells lockbars in 2 pieces. You can buy the top part and the latch part seperate. Just order the newer stern style latch and some clear gorilla glue and you will need the new stern style receiver that mounts inside the cabinet. You can glue the newer latch to your original bar with the gorilla glue and mount the new receiver in your cab and you will be good to go.

Gluing instructions. You will need to clean the underside of the bar and maybe even sand it down some. Wet the bar and the new latch with a little water and put some clear gorilla glue on the bar, place the receiver and clamp it down. leave it overnight to bond.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This great info. How do you locate the two pieces so they are positioned correctly.

You need about 1/8th gap between the front of bar and latch. I used to put a ruler or paint stir stick in between them and then clamped down. I have done hundreds if not thousands like this. Old Mike Chestnut trick he showed me years ago. Welding the latch on always screws up the finish on the top side of the bar.

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I remember you telling this at your booth at TPF.
I have used Gorilla Glue to bond metal together. It feels as tight as if it was welded.
What you said about calling Terry is just about the best Stern lockdown solution I have run across.

it will allow him to use his original bar this way

8 months later
#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Okay, I will gladly pay someone to burn me a ROM, I do not have equipment to do so. PM me if you can help out.
Much appreciated in advance......
-Nate

Matt's Basement

1 month later
#5885 2 years ago

widebody Stern lockbar on Ebay if anyone needs

#5905 2 years ago

have a large box of Big Game parts. All the playfield ball guides and wire guides, partial plastic set with new and used plastics, I have the proto outlane guides, a 3 bank drop target assembly with targets and coil, 1 very nice BG spinner, and lots of other parts Stern specific like flipper assemblies and more.

a complete very nice stern coinbox also and a 100% working original lamp board off a catacomb.

I do not want to part all this out in pieces but if someone could use this and wants it all please shoot me a PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Copenhagen
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine Beach, FL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.