Pinside_forum_7930847_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7961451_3722489 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7933786_0 (resized).jpg
DSCN9287 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-005315.png
EA70E31E-2F5E-4442-AD6A-52E3EE9F0EE4 (resized).png
D1AF8715-0F73-4521-B1DA-76DB9839041D (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #227 Various gate tips. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #269 Hi quality thoughts from Cotton about inlanes. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #279 Playfield touch up tips. Posted by klr650 (5 years ago)

Post #309 Stern inserts suggestions. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #310 Seawitch gate flap solution. Posted by frunch (5 years ago)

Post #1033 Bally drop targets on the classic stern, even mix and match. Posted by cottonm4 (5 years ago)

Post #1958 Star Gazer podcast episode link. Posted by DRDAVE (4 years ago)

Post #2587 Link to 3D printed parts available from HHaase. Posted by HHaase (4 years ago)

Post #2590 Link to 3D printed parts by Swinks, available at Shapeways. Posted by swinks (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winger03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Stingray got a coin door/door trim & leg repaint. Loving the Rustoleum "hammered" finish paint.
[quoted image]

I like the lever or whatever that is on the coin door lock, looks a lot better than a key - what is it and where can I get one?

1 week later
#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just got a Flight 2K for free!
That's really all I want to say.
Pretty worn out but it actually works. Can't wait to clean this one up and get it playing nice.
Should I keep the PC Fan mod?
I don't usually buy new plastic sets especially for beaters but figured in this case I'd splurge.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See this archived ad - he has nearly a full set of plastics for sale. I just bought one of the pieces shown in his set, it was delivered quickly and easily.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/75280

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The problem with that set is the plastic that is always broken is broken on this set, as well. In this case, there are 2 pieces of a particular plastic. Both are broken. It is better than what Levi has so he might be able to make it work for cheap.

Ah, I get it. Mine are not broken and I did not know there was one always susceptible to breakage. I bought the left side out-lane one - I still need the right one to replace my chipped one so if anyone has a lead on one, I'd appreciate it.

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can't fix your chipped one but you should consider getting some .030" Polycarbonate/Lexan and make your self a couple of protectors to keep them from chipping.
I mentioned the factory mod but I still think a piece of poly would be better to protect those two pieces.
You should also consider making a poly protector for that piece up in the back that likes to break.

That is a great idea, make them while I can. Is that material fairly easy to source and so I make them the exact same size?

Question - how do I get the metal standoffs off of the old plastic to reuse for the new one I bought.

#1110 5 years ago

So then the plastic gets soft and you can gently pull out - that makes sense. Then you heat the bell again and that will heat the new plastic and you push through. But wont that make the hole in the plastic too large?

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You just need a cool free play switch mod like mine. [quoted image]

I have something similar to this in mine. It was mounted where the left price plate was supposed to be. I moved it from there, mounted it on a piece of metal and screwed it to one of those little rails stapled to the bottom of the cabinet inside the coin door. Then I set the switch to give 5 plays for every time I press it. Also removed the key lock and put in one of those little knobs that make opening the door possible w/o a key. Lastly, I fixed the open space in the coin door where the switch was with a new light and price plate.

This is a fun machine to work on. I am awaiting a play field protector once the place I am speaking to adds it to his inventory - I have a number of dished inserts.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

isn't easier to set the high score replay to like 10,000 points

Mine came from the guy I bought it from with the switch, I just moved it to a different location. All in all, yes much easier to set free game to 10k. )

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Not for a long time. I think Bay Area had some but sold out a long time ago

Can you replace with the metal ones? As noted F2K uses these and I'd like to have a plan just in case.

1 month later
#1509 4 years ago

Similar problem with F2K. There are times when I really hit the target hard and it does not fall. Almost like it is not built to fall - does not budge. Other times, it goes right down.

6 months later
#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I have a beehive over cupped inserts on a Flight 2000. Completely flat now.

I have the same thing from Beehive - made my game playable again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 12.00
$ 169.00
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 959.00
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine Beach, FL
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winger03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch?tu=winger03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.